Stop locking threads

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

On smaller forums this is how people rebel and leave sites. When discussion is cut off because it doesn't meet a mod's personal standard. As long as rules aren't being broken then discussion should be allowed to flow. If there are continuous bad actors then they are dealt with individually, but the whole section shouldn't have to suffer. That's not how members should be treated.

Bruh as one of the first 50 folks on this site. I can tell you outside of SOHH's servers being :hamster: status, power tripping mods were one of the biggest reasons folks left SOHH. Most of the older mods of SOHH abandon this site cause niccas were getting at them for hoe like behavior on the :hamster:. Coli needs to start rotating some of these niccas out asap. :camby:

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
There were more posts last night about smashing Klobuchar, the non handshake, and did-he-say-it-gate than actual policy :francis:
The debate thread has always been full of non policy posts, first debate was Marianne Williamson memes and dudes lusting after Tulsi, it wasn’t locked then. we’re a month from the first votes, been in these threads since last year, we know their policies.

lastly, I disagree, a lot of people just got introduced to steyer’s positions last night, was tons of discussion/surprise about him.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There were more posts last night about smashing Klobuchar, the non handshake, and did-he-say-it-gate than actual policy :francis:

What a stupid justification. There are more post about Bidens brain leaking, Pete being a gay sociopath, wanting to smash Marianne's hippie ass, etc than actual policy during the other debates wtf makes this one different?

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water

Locking the thread just aint a good look (as evidenced by the responses here). Hell I was at the gym last night and logged in this morning to catch up on the discussion.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The debate thread has always been full of non policy posts, first debate was Marianne Williamson memes and dudes lusting after Tulsi, it wasn’t locked then. we’re a month from the first votes, been in these threads since last year, we know their policies.

lastly, I disagree, a lot of people just got introduced to steyer’s positions last night, was tons of discussion/surprise about him.

What a stupid justification. There are more post about Bidens brain leaking, Pete being a gay sociopath, wanting to smash Marianne's hippie ass, etc than actual policy during the other debates wtf makes this one different?

Maybe it should’ve been locked then and then we wouldn’t have the same problem now.

That shyt is akin to derailment, which people rightfully get at Nap for all the time.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The mods at Realgm's Knicks forum tried to push conversations toward more meaningful conversation and got a ton of pushback. It took us a long time and a few bans to get things moving in a better general direction. We did have some missteps along the way and course corrected. :salute: to mods for trying to push for better discourse, I've been here so I know how frustrating it can get fam.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
There is no new policy being introduced less than a month out from Iowa caucus, so I don't know how anyone could have expected substantial policy conversation around a debate that was moderated around current events.

CNN latched on to the fact that the needle of the party was moved by Sanders and they targeted him all night because of it. The commentary in last nights thread is consistent with the commentary of anything that people are live posting with.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Maybe it should’ve been locked then and then we wouldn’t have the same problem now.

That shyt is akin to derailment, which people rightfully get at Nap for all the time.
pretty much every post/poster in the thread is having that type of conversation, not one tangential argument or stream of tweets that disrupted the thread (which i'd call derailment), so it seems to me the majority of people are fine having "light" conversation. and amongst that were also meaningful conversations. if people weren't complaining, it's not on mods to be a lone, unilateral actor.

and my whole reason in making this thread was wanting to engage with people about steyer, the exact meaningful conversation that yall are saying needs to happen, but their act disallows

The mods at Realgm's Knicks forum tried to push conversations toward more meaningful conversation and got a ton of pushback. It took us a long time and a few bans to get things moving in a better general direction. We did have some missteps along the way and course corrected. :salute: to mods for trying to push for better discourse, I've been here so I know how frustrating it can get fam.
if people cared about meaningful conversation, these acts wouldn't happen when conversation that doesn't match up with personal views seems to be what spurs "the push". this is what pushed/banned near all the conservative posters that used to post here (some were shyt, but so are some other progressives who still post here), meaningful conversation comes from people having varying viewpoints.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

The debate thread is a live event thread. Not much different than any of the game threads in TLR or the TV show threads on the film room.

Imagine locking a game thread because people weren't just talking Xs and Os. :unimpressed:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What a convenient time to push for better discourse. No actual conversation among the different coalition of posters trying to attempt to work with the community to push for better discourse instead just unilaterally locking threads for personal reasons offering no explanation and saying vague things like "keep the running tally". Clown shyt