Stone Cold talking that shyt in 96 will never get old

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Yea that was classic stuff that often gets overlooked because of the AE run. He was a great heel but at the same time this shyt was so funny and good to see this became his baby face character.

At this point I believe you can’t be a good face until after you had a fire heel run. You need to get people invested in you before they want to cheer you.

Like there really should be a tier in place for new comers that says you can’t be a face until after you have had Atleast a year run of being the worst pos heel you can be. Then you can win a big title and start slowly transitioning into a face but with some of your heel traits.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
He allowed Jerry Lawler to.go.in on his parents for years, though.

I didn't mean it in a bad way at all. Hitman is my guy. I'm just saying, with all of the problems he had with The Clique, and it seems like all of these problems happened after Shawn told him to get the fukk outta the ring after the Iron Man match, I was always a bit surprised that he let Stone Cold go there on him. But it also shows that he truly believed in him.

As for the shyt Jerry used to say about Stu, I'm not surprised. According to JR, Bret loved Jerry and was always ready to do favors for him in his territory.

It's becomes clearer every day that he was willing to do business with anyone on the roster except Shawn and Hunter.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Austin shytting on Bret after his "frustrated isn't the goddamn word for it" promo was classic. Guy appeared on the TitanTron, went on a rant, and disappeared immediately. :russ:

"I tried to go out there and help ya, but you threw it all away, because you're a loser! It could have been you and me....for the championship at WrestleMania, but you blew the whole damn thing, because you're a loser."

:dead: :dead:

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Austin shytting on Bret after his "frustrated isn't the goddamn word for it" promo was classic. Guy appeared on the TitanTron, went on a rant, and disappeared immediately. :russ:

"I tried to go out there and help ya, but you threw it all away, because you're a loser! It could have been you and me....for the championship at WrestleMania, but you blew the whole damn thing, because you're a loser."

:dead: :dead:
To be fair to Austin he was right.... Bret vs Austin for the WWF Title would have been a thousand times better than the main event of WrestleMania that year :francis: but you blew it Bret

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
To be fair to Austin he was right.... Bret vs Austin for the WWF Title would have been a thousand times better than the main event of WrestleMania that year :francis: but you blew it Bret

It's crazy looking back at that era of the company and how much quality it had, but there was only one GOAT-level WrestleMania (X-Seven).

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
It's crazy looking back at that era of the company and how much quality it had, but there was only one GOAT-level WrestleMania (X-Seven).
Wrestlemania X7 just had everything, the build up was amazing, the stadium was massive, the theme song was perfect, the crowd was great, and the main event made everyone lose their voices.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
A forgotten gem

:wow: :wow: :wow:

It really boggles my mind that after 25 years there still hasn't been 1 single motherfukker in wrestling who can cut a promo with this level of intensity and anger on a regular basis and look/sound so damn real :wow:

Even though Bret won his two big encounters with Austin, I always feared for his life when he fought or encountered Stone Cold.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Always felt they watered down Austin and Rock when they became mega stars.

96/97 Austin and 98/99 Rock are the best version of their characters.

I understand why they did it but I've always said the best Stone Cold was the IC era version

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
In the words of Ma$e:
you got nikkas that just don't like me
You know the, those PHD nikkas
But you know I pop a lot of shyt but I back it up though
See it's a difference
A lot of nikkas pop shyt
But a lot of nikkas don't make hits