Stone Cold talking that shyt in 96 will never get old

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps

Underrated one as well. Had Vince heated
:whoa:"Why are you so bitter, what's with all this bitterness?"
:pacspit:"You treat my like a dog and you expect me to smile. You remind me of a jackass"

God, I love the AE, but 96-97 was my favorite period. Show was... well.. Raw. Everyone had their beefs and were ready to throw that shyt out. It wasn't glamorized or anything. Crowds weren't as lit. Segments were mainly promos with heat.
The Shawn/Bret stuff later on in 97 gets fukking crazy.

EDIT:MB didn't see it posted until after.

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
the subtle thing that makes this promo so great is the mixing like whoever engineered this joint killed it :ohlawd:

made it sound like Austin was dropping shyt talking adlibs over his shyt talking :pachaha:

plus the dramatic background music made all the disses seem even more etherous :picard:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Yo I'll always remember when Austin was doing commentary on one Raw I think during the King of the Ring Tournament. When The Stalker came out, Austin killed the whole gimmick live on TV.
":what:Man, that ain't no 'Stalker,' that's Barry Windham in camo:camby:"

:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

:laff: Breh was legitimately out of control.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Vince calls Steve on the phone on air. It was a RAW in mid 97 I believe.

Steve in the middle of the promo goes

“I wanna say hi to my brother Kevin, he got stepped on by a bull the other day. .. I want him to get his ass back to work.

I’m not really that concerned with the fact that he’s hurt, it’s that he owes me 30 bucks.

And he needs to pay up. :birdman:

Steve’s 96/97 character work looks better and better with time. He was the perfect mix of believable and bat shyt crazy.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
the subtle thing that makes this promo so great is the mixing like whoever engineered this joint killed it :ohlawd:

made it sound like Austin was dropping shyt talking adlibs over his shyt talking :pachaha:

plus the dramatic background music made all the disses seem even more etherous :picard:
And then the commercial just ends with the black title card that's just Survivor Series and the date with Austin's theme jamming:dj2:

Made it seem like a BIG FIGHT

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
I was scared for HitGOAT when Austin starting cutting these promos :mjcry:

I though he was going to murder my GOAT upon his return to Survivor Series 1996.

The way Bret would sell those version 1 stunners though. I thought he couldn't breathe :damn: