Stockton/Malone played 18 seasons together and were eliminated in the 1st round 9 times

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
One is a pedophile and the other one is a hardcore antivaxer, who believes hundreds of athletes got killed by covid vaccine. That Utah state is like being in asylum. Only retards fit them.

All kinds of teams and players beat them. Clyde Blazers beat them several times, so did Run TMC, so did Hakeem, so did Sonics with Kemp and Payton.

And Jazz weren't trash. For the 90s standard, they had a decent supporting cast. They had Jeff Malone, who's half of career was around 20ppg. Then they had Jeff Hornacek.

shyt at one point their team was Malone, Stockton, Jeff Malone, Mark Eaton, Thurl Bailey, Blue Edwards. That's a legit roster for competing for a title. It went nowhere.

Reign X

Pro
Daps
They didn’t have playoff success early, that’s well known.

But 97-98 saved them. They beat teams led by Shaq and Hakeem, got to finals in b2b years. This is the version the bulls beat and why they get some credit for it.

96 wasn’t bad either. Went to wcf, 7 games against a really good Seattle team.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
How could you go on a scoreless drought in today's league where nobody is playing defense? The Celtics...a supposed... "great" defensive team have had a handful of games this postseason that rank near the WORST defensive ratings you'll ever see. They actually have a worse defensive rating vs. the Heat than San Antonio did in the regular season. The team picking first in the draft.

And it's not like the Heat are "shot makers" on a consistent basis like people wrongly say. They have hideous regular season numbers. Gabe Vincent scored 0 points in a play in game. This isn't great basketball we're looking at.

There's other issues too. GSW one of the "best" offensive teams in this era and they can't beat a 38-year old LeBron and a broken down Anthony Davis? Does that sound familiar?

Actually it does sound familiar, that sounds just like the late 90s when Jordan was coasting to the finals at an old age. LeBron and Steph are still among the best because the new generation of talent who are supposed to be "shot makers" are overrated and can't get the job done when it matters.

The Knicks this year one of the best teams in the East... they had a point guard who was a backup in Dallas scoring all their points and their next biggest star is Julius Randle.

This "deep era" is getting exposed left and right.
U don’t know shyt

The game is just flat out played different with significantly more possessions and three pointers than in the past

The Heat’s shooters have been sizzling all playoffs and Jimmy has been ramping up to Jimmy Jordan in the playoffs lately

Gabe Vincent is NOT a bum :mjlol:

Golden State is over the hill themselves and “38 year old LeBron James and broken down Anthony Davis” is still beastly

Jalen Brunson is as skilled as they come. This what happens when you don’t watch games.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
@Eric Brooks be watching players like Jalen Brunson cook on some “why is this nikka cooking like this” shyt :hhh:

He just can’t be cold and exemplary of the talent in the league today it has to be that he don’t stack up to some 80’s/90’s point guards who had to post up past the timeline :mjlol:

All tight because the game passed him by :flabbynsick:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
@Eric Brooks be watching players like Jalen Brunson cook on some “why is this nikka cooking like this” shyt :hhh:

He just can’t be cold and exemplary of the talent in the league today it has to be that he don’t stack up to some 80’s/90’s point guards who had to post up past the timeline :mjlol:

All tight because the game passed him by :flabbynsick:

You're a fukking idiot. I didn't disparage Jalen Brunson retard and that's what you are a retard... so I'll explain this very slowly so you can understand.

Jalen Brunson is a very good player. He is not a top 10 player in the league. Julius Randle is very overrated. RJ Barrett is not a legit 3rd option.

Because you are a retard just like @Gil Scott-Heroin is... you missed the point of the post. The Knicks had a good year with a relatively meh roster of talent. That's a credit to Brunson and the coaching for keeping it together. They aren't that talented and they aren't that deep of a roster. That was the point. Retard.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Yeah, but no good Black players wanted to play for Utah.

Teams like Utah, Milwaukee, & OKC will always have trouble winning becaues there's ZERO reason for any real players to go there voluntarily

And any great players they draft or acquire, will be leaving soon, if they're African-AMERICAN

It's another reason I don't judge Malone & Stockton as much as others.

Imagine who they would've played with if they played in New York, L.A., hell even Atlanta.
Bro, you don’t know what you are talking about.

The Jazz were losing to bottom feeders early in the playoffs. Also it was Stockton and Malone, two top 75 players.

Also free agency wasn’t a major thing until the mid 90s. Utah finally made it to the finals in 1997. Do the math.

And Utah had some Really good black players. Jeff Malone joined in 1990 after being an all star.
He was the coach from 1988-1992, I'm pretty sure that's the David Robinson/Sean Elliott era
so he coached Robinson and Elliot for two seasons?

Your post mentioned Dennis Rodman who wouldn’t join until 1994. You gotta fall back.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
We don't do that here. We pretend Shaq wasn't a loser that needed two top 5 guards of all time to win anything
You mean Shaq needed another HOFer player to win a title? Utah had a HOF pairing for a decade and didn’t go in their primes. That’s the point!
I pointed this out earlier that Shaq and Kobe had so many issues with this Jazz squad including a sweep in the conference finals in 98. These new I will devalue the teams jordan played shyt is such bullshyt.
No one is devaluing Jordan but you all.

Was Kobe an elite player in 1998, or was he coming off the bench as a 19 year old? was Phil Jackson coaching the Bulls in 1998?

Think before you respond.

I also find it funny you are only responding to each other and not the points in this thread.