Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How? when did they allow this?
It was apart of the cares act. I suggest you talk to your employer 401k or your own ira. But you can withdraw without that 10% penalty but you still need to pay taxes on it as it is considered income. You can pay the taxes over 3 years though. Its not a good idea unless you really need the money. I'm going to withdraw the max 100k to buy a nice house.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The New York Times
aEOLWkld1G6.png

·
axobuTi734a.png

BOCzaD2rwOa.png

As lawmakers prepare for another round of fiscal stimulus,
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi
suggested the next package include a retroactive rollback of a tax change that hurt high earners in states like New York and California.

NYTIMES.COM New Stimulus Plan: Rolling Back SALT Cap

Queen

:ahh:

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
the country just needs to figure a way to have reverse inflation... :francis::yeshrug:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The New York Times
aEOLWkld1G6.png

·
axobuTi734a.png

BOCzaD2rwOa.png

As lawmakers prepare for another round of fiscal stimulus,
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi
suggested the next package include a retroactive rollback of a tax change that hurt high earners in states like New York and California.

NYTIMES.COM New Stimulus Plan: Rolling Back SALT Cap

Queen

:ahh:
Good idea :ehh:

This is pathetic :heh:
Why?

Henry Connelly, a spokesman for Ms. Pelosi, said on Monday evening that she was proposing something narrower than a full SALT rollback, and that any change would be “tailored to focus on middle-class earners and include limitations on the higher end.”

“We could reverse that for 2018 and 2019 so that people could refile their taxes” and receive more money back from the government, Ms. Pelosi said in the interview. “They’d have more disposable income, which is the lifeblood of our economy, a consumer economy that we are.”

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Because we need the money now.

It is fine if its in conjunction with a cash payment right now. Instead, she wants to give us money back for our 2020 filings.
I received my tax refund 2 weeks after e-filing. What's the current timeline on the previously passed stimulus checks?

Just seemed like easy relief for people who live in states like NY and CA who are incurring additional costs due to school being out.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I received my tax refund 2 weeks after e-filing. What's the current timeline on the previously passed stimulus checks?

Just seemed like easy relief for people who live in states like NY and CA who are incurring additional costs due to school being out.
My point is I am not sure that money is coming until next year. The article doesn't make it seem like its coming for people this year.

If you already filed your taxes and got a return, will the IRS go back and process that to send more money this year? I am not convinced.

And this does not help renters and lower-income people.

Pelosi is ill-equipped to work on this.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
@mastermind it's an unfair tax and the article says it would be retroactive to when they passed it
I know what the article said.

That doesn't address when the money would be distributed. The article doesn't mention that.

On top of that, it doesn't help most of the people in those states, ie people who rent. This seems like it's for the upper-middle-class to wealthy.