Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I know what the article said.

That doesn't address when the money would be distributed. The article doesn't mention that.

On top of that, it doesn't help most of the people in those states, ie people who rent. This seems like it's for the upper-middle-class to wealthy.

Then why are you acting like you didn't read it?

It would depend on a lot of things but maybe a month or two tops depending on how together the IRS has their shyt. The turnaround on direct deposits for taxes is about a month.

I strongly disagree.

It's double taxation and it's wrong. This isn't complicated.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

It would depend on a lot of things but maybe a month or two tops depending on how together the IRS has their shyt. The turnaround on direct deposits for taxes is about a month.

I strongly disagree.

Does the article say that the refund would come this year?

And like I said earlier, what about renters? SALT doesn't affect that many people. The article that you read even says that.

I would have no issue if this was part of a stimulus bill, but I don't have much trust in Pelosi on this. She is a deficit hawk and has never cared for people who aren't wealthy.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Does the article say that the refund would come this year?

And like I said earlier, what about renters? SALT doesn't affect that many people. The article that you read even says that.

I would have no issue if this was part of a stimulus bill, but I don't have much trust in Pelosi on this. She is a deficit hawk and has never cared for people who aren't wealthy.

So if it takes too long in your eyes we shouldn't put money back in peoples pockets?

Why wouldn't it? It says refile your taxes @Pressure and I pointed out the turnaround times

My mother and wife pay thousands in city and state taxes, I would imagine it's the same for most middle class individuals and families. Also you're against making homeownership more affordable and reachable? Interesting.

The change in the tax code was wrong and it purposefully punished blue states and taxpayers.

You're welcome to get mad at me for pointing out this change in tax code hurts public servants but I think we might be at an impasse.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I know what the article said.

That doesn't address when the money would be distributed. The article doesn't mention that.

On top of that, it doesn't help most of the people in those states, ie people who rent. This seems like it's for the upper-middle-class to wealthy.
Well the 1200 checks weren’t for them, how dare they get help too!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
So if it takes too long in your eyes we shouldn't put money back in peoples pockets?

Why wouldn't it? It says refile your taxes @Pressure and I pointed out the turnaround times

My mother and wife pay thousands in city and state taxes, I would imagine it's the same for most middle class individuals and families. Also you're against making homeownership more affordable and reachable? Interesting.

The change in the tax code was wrong and it purposefully punished blue states and taxpayers.

You're welcome to get mad at me for pointing out this change in tax code hurts public servants but I think we might be at an impasse.
Yeah, I never said that, and never inferred that. In my post, I said this would be fine if it was PART of a bigger stimulus package because this only helps a small portion of people. I don't have any faith Pelosi is interested in anything other than something like this for the next round of a stimulus bill.

People need money now, not in something like refiling their taxes.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds

I strongly disagree.

Is the estate tax double taxation?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
My point is I am not sure that money is coming until next year. The article doesn't make it seem like its coming for people this year.

If you already filed your taxes and got a return, will the IRS go back and process that to send more money this year? I am not convinced.

And this does not help renters and lower-income people.

Pelosi is ill-equipped to work on this.
They do it all the time with amended returns