Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
you can't even get anyone on the phone or on the website in NY still

they're ahead of the game

:ehh:

Yeah but literally...

Our department of labor cannot be accessed by phone :mjlol::mjlol:

I emailed 2 weeks ago..said response 2-3 business days. Didnt get a reply :mjlol:

They are not ahead of the game. Just significantly smaller than NY

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
How when it was only approved to run through July?
This is from CNN but it's confusing. What I understand is that if states just add $600 onto the same check it would be easy but they may decide to fukk around.

When do I receive the money?

The timing would vary based on where you live, but likely several weeks at least.

Unemployment benefits are administered by states. They would have to reprogram their systems to account for Congress' measures -- of which there are a few, some more complicated to enact than others. Not helping matters is that many state unemployment agencies use antiquated technology.

Adding a $600 boost to everyone's weekly check would be easier to accomplish, which is one reason why lawmakers designed the enhancement this way. During the Great Recession, the federal government temporarily increased benefits by $25 a week so this experience could help many states now, said Andrew Stettner, a senior fellow at The Century Foundation.

But Congress also wants to create a new pandemic unemployment assistance program, which would allow many more Americans to qualify for benefits. It's modeled on the existing disaster unemployment assistance program, but only a few states have had to activate it in recent years, mainly because of hurricanes or floods.

All states would have to set up the pandemic program. So it would likely take even longer for jobless Americans who fall into this category to start receiving benefits, particularly in states that haven't faced disasters recently.

All these federal changes come at a particularly tough time for states, which are being squeezed from both sides, said Rebecca Dixon, executive director of the National Employment Law Project. They are contending with a historic number of first-time filers, who are already overwhelming their online sites and call centers, forcing agencies to divert staff and boost technical capacity.

Plus, these agencies are operating at very low funding levels because of historically low unemployment rate

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
This is from CNN but it's confusing. What I understand is that if states just add $600 onto the same check it would be easy but they may decide to fukk around.

Fwiw on my senators webpage it explicitly states no one will receive less than 600 so i was under the assumption that would be lumped together but its still early so we shall see

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Fwiw on my senators webpage it explicitly states no one will receive less than 600 so i was under the assumption that would be lumped together but its still early so we shall see
From NYT
States have the option of providing the entire amount in one payment, or sending the extra portion separately. But it must all be done on the same weekly basis.

So what I gather is that nobody really knows how it's going to work :manny:

wavycam

Pro
Daps
you can't even get anyone on the phone or on the website in NY still

they're ahead of the game

:ehh:

I’m in that situation now I’m supposed to finish filing by calling but the line is just beeps