Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
no, it isnt. it's what's happening in real life your narrative on an internet forum is cool, but it's not pushing a deal forward in congress

how do you see the dems winning this? please explain how it plays out

You want the dems to capitulate because you don't stand for anything and are talking out of both sides of your mouth. What the Republicans put forwards was a bunch of corporate bs and money for the military. That's undeniable.

Show me this progressive bill and line items that Republicans proposed that would help people. I'll wait.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You want the dems to capitulate because you don't stand for anything and are talking out of both sides of your mouth. What the Republicans put forwards was a bunch of corporate bs and money for the military. That's undeniable.

Show me this progressive bill and line items that Republicans proposed that would help people. I'll wait.
i don't view it as capitulating, because i don't value the contents of that 3 trillion dollar bill. if you posted the contents on here i'd probably throw up

my point is incredibly simple, and you ducked answering, so i'll post it again;

propose a simple, direct bill with nothing but direct payments and extended unemployment. the republicans are the bad guys overnight for denying it, and are shamed into passing it

can't go any worse than this current awful strategy :dead:

maybe you should go read The Art of the Deal :troll:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds

the dem proposal would have obviously been more helpful and filled with less bullshyt than the republican proposal. that doesnt negate the fact it didnt even have a snowballs chance in hell of passing

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
for someone who wants the dems to succeed so badly, you sure aren't being realistic about how to win this negotiation. the dems are holding out on people who don't care if they keep holding out; you can't win in that scenario :dead:

i can't imagine thinking it's an emergency to get this money out (which it is), but then applauding pelosi holding up a direct relief discussion because she "needs" to push a bloated bill through. good luck with that :yeshrug:i cant help but notice that it isnt working
i personally don't want them to throw out a bill for stimulus checks and/or UI and not address the other key issues that need to be shored up. so i have no problem with them not signing a shytty deal the rethugs approve given nothing else will be passed before the election, and if something else is passed, it will be a bill the rethugs make up to "close the gap" and make themselves look good before election day...

get it right this time

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

the dem proposal would have obviously been more helpful and filled with less bullshyt than the republican proposal. that doesnt negate the fact it didnt even have a snowballs chance in hell of passing

Republicans don't want 600 a week. Why waste time crafting weak legislation if you know it's not going to pass?

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
furthermore..if the GOP wants to stick on that disincentive shyt..then add a back to work bonus too. 500 unemployment 300 back to work. whatever. that could be arranged

the GOP would look absolutely RIDICULOUS for turning down terms that they previously agreed to..especially if its a bridge bill for like 2 months. they would accept on optics alone..and trumps pathetic EOs indicate that they are aware of the optics of nothing getting done...and if they say no? ok fine now the dems have a super majority in november

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop: Apparently hazard pay to essential workers is communist shyt to @the cac mamba . Do you know the meaning of communism or do you like to throw out these words to make you look funny?
if you're gonna pretend to not know what i was referring to, then i dare you to post the contents of nancy's 3 trillion dollar bill in here :yeshrug:

then we can all go through it together and see how essential the spending is and how every dime goes to the american people, and why relief should be being held up right now to hold out for the contents of this bill

im awaiting your quote :salute:

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
if you're gonna pretend to not know what i was referring to, then i dare you to post the contents of nancy's 3 trillion dollar bill in here :yeshrug:

then we can all go through it together and see how essential the spending is and how every dime goes to the american people, and why relief should be being held up right now to hold out for the contents of this bill

im awaiting your quote :salute:
:mjlol: fukk that shyt you look it up . I ain’t doing your work for you. You wanna put bad faith arguments out there and then want me to put in work for you when you can look that shyt up on your own. You keep blaming dems when they’ve past a bill 3 months ago.... what is turtle doing?:jbhmm: Is turtle doing anything to help Americans that about to be evicted?