Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
If I’m Pelosi I’d be fine with lowering the price as long as you keep the $600 UE benefits and get some state funding. At this point you gotta be hoping Biden wins, at which point he can bail out all the states with a proper 2-3t stimulus bill. And yes I’d break the filibuster to get it done if need be.

Another stimulus has to pass before the election or else the fall is going to be real ugly. And you also have to think about 2021. Dems shouldn’t set back and allow everything to implode before January 20th. Biden already has a massive mess to clean up, let’s not make it worse.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
:comeon: surely you're not referring to a 2 trillion dollar bill as a "brief relief bill". they did NOT try that already

:snoop:

i dont get why they couldnt just come to an agreement on a deal that works within the stimulus and UI framework/system they had before to hold people over through August or August and September.

Both are crying ahhhh the people need help! people will be on the streets! businesses are closing!

why did congress even bother to get rid of earmarks in the first place if this is how its gonna go?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
:snoop:

i dont get why they couldnt just come to an agreement on a deal that works within the stimulus and UI framework/system they had before to hold people over through August or August and September.

Both are crying ahhhh the people need help! people will be on the streets! businesses are closing!

why did congress even bother to get rid of earmarks in the first place if this is how its gonna go?
Because Republicans control the government and they don't want to give you relief.

Elections have consequences. :yeshrug:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
:francis: they would agree on a standalone bill if there was serious negotiations

im not tryin to hear it :hubie:
What is there to negotiate. One said wants to give you enough money so that you can take care of yourself.

The other side doesn't because they feel like you should go full on hunger games.

There is no midpoint. You either provide or you don't.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
What is there to negotiate. One said wants to give you enough money so that you can take care of yourself.

The other side doesn't because they feel like you should go full on hunger games.

There is no midpoint. You either provide or you don't.

ok then the democrats should propose 600 unemployment extension and 1200 stimulus check for August or August/September as a standalone :hubie:

or whatever number more than that if they want to

they have not shown the willingness to do a standalone bill

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
How are the Dems supposed to bring a bill that the Republicans aren't interested in?

meadows proposed a standalone bill and trump did those bullshyt EOs which would seem to indicate he would sign off on it

whats the harm in the dems saying ok..800 UI standalone and 2k stimulus check then we can sort out the rest later?

is it the mystical leverage they would lose for state/local/school funding? are states/towns going to fail before someone who is going to be short on rent?