Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Which means essential workers keep getting paid, albeit without hazard pay, and the unemployed lose their homes and starve. Sounds like a great strategy.

:snoop:
The D's can't afford to give in for another short term deal. The writing is on the wall, the R's want to hold the useful aspects of the deal hostage for November. They're in political trouble and are trying to create leverage, this showdown will hurt them more than the D's, who will ultimately get several of the provisions they want.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
wiping away fed student loans would stimulate the economy like no other :wow: the babies that would be had and homes that would be bought :wow:
Holy shyt the amount of people with masters degrees that are 100k in debt is astounding. I mean if you’re in medicine then you get a pass, but I be seeing shyt like museum studies or a msw. Nothing is wrong with a MSW, but that degree can be had the fraction of the cost at a state university.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which means essential workers keep getting paid, albeit without hazard pay, and the unemployed lose their homes and starve. Sounds like a great strategy.

:snoop:

So the alternative is the essential workers, many of whom are barely making a living wage to begin with, get no money and no protection if they get sick on the job?

fukk that shyt. I'm not saying the dems did everything right, but that's not something they should compromise on. And if they don't get it now, they damn sure won't after the election.

Daps
The D's can't afford to give in for another short term deal. The writing is on the wall, the R's want to hold the useful aspects of the deal hostage for November. They're in political trouble and are trying to create leverage, this showdown will hurt them more than the D's, who will ultimately get several of the provisions they want.
We can’t wait until November. Are y’all serious?!?

:why:

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
We can’t wait until November. Are y’all serious?!?

:why:

the six figures on the coli can, folks who are about to get evicted/lose their homes etc, don’t have health insurance or good coverage not so much my guy

Republicans aren’t going to do shyt for the little guy regardless so the whole convo is pretty moot

Daps
Start blaming McConnell.

A generous stimulus bill passed in the house a long time ago.

Unless you still refuse to blame Republicans :unimpressed:
McConnell has come out and said he supports extending the unemployment, but he objects to other provisions Dems are asking for.

Daps
Just extending unemployment doesn't fix the laundry list of problems.
Of course not, but the most immediate problem are the 30 million Americans who have lost the unemployment bonus and are in urgent need of assistance. Right NOW, that is all Dems should focus on.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Of course not, but the most immediate problem are the 30 million Americans who have lost the unemployment bonus and are in urgent need of assistance. Right NOW, that is all Dems should focus on.
The Dems passed a bill in the house. It's up to the Republicans in the senate. You realize the Republicans are the majority in the senate right?

Last edited:
Daps
They passed a bill in the house. It's up to the Republicans in the senate. You realize the Republicans are the majority in the senate right?
Obviously. But Pelosi and Schumer have indicated no willingness to trim the bill to the 1trillion Republicans will accept. Unless I’m mistaken?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Obviously. But Pelosi and Schumer have indicated no willingness to trim the bill to the 1trillion Republicans will accept. Unless I’m mistaken?

My understanding is they trimmed it by a trillion to meet them in the middle. You want them to trim it by 2 trillion? The Republicans aren't acting in good faith.

The states need to be bailed out or we're in for disaster.

As far as Trump's EO goes not that anyone will bite adds billions of debt back onto states who would have to fund 25%.

These aren't serious solutions.