Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
but it's not "600 a week" :dead: it's almost a thousand a week. its 600 plus 350 on average. like a 50 grand a year equivalent

and most small businesses cannot pay their employees 50 grand a year. i'm all for fixing that, but how do you propose making minimum wage 50 grand a year? because if you can fix that, then you should be running for president, not posting on the coli :heh:

People are gonna be in for a rude awakening next year when they realize that money is taxable.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
(CNN)The negotiators are, at long last, actually negotiating.

After seven meetings, totaling more than a dozen hours, the top Democratic and White House negotiators are not just walking through their disagreements, but putting offers on the table, trading proposals and to a small degree, starting to make concessions. They've even agreed on a deadline for a deal -- the end of this week.

Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said on Wednesday afternoon senators will "certainly be in next week," delaying the start of the chamber's August recess

"We'll certainly be in next week. We'll see what happens after that," McConnell said.

Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt, a member of leadership, argued that if there wasn't a deal, members might as well go home.

"If there's not a deal by Friday, there won't be a deal," Blunt said.

Congress stimulus negotiations: Things are finally starting to move - CNNPolitics

Updated CNN article from earlier

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Literally who said that as an alternative?
whats the difference? the thread is just people patting themselves on the back for suggesting we give out as much free money as possible. i'm one upping you with my "5 grand a month for everyone" proposal :yeshrug:

this makes me a good person, right? not some dikkhead who you assume works for his father :heh:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
whats the difference? the thread is just people patting themselves on the back for suggesting we give out as much free money as possible. i'm one upping you with my "5 grand a month for everyone" proposal :yeshrug:

this makes me a good person, right? not some dikkhead who you assume works for his father :heh:

1,000,000 per person and we have a deal