Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It was ill conceived. It amounted to $15.00 an hour/40 hour work week.
While we’re trying to fight for a $15 min wage, average ass clowns see it as too much. The GOP in Washington don’t even have to fight it, got bootlickers on the ground doing all the work to suppress their common man

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
While we’re trying to fight for a $15 min wage, average ass clowns see it as too much. The GOP in Washington don’t even have to fight it, got bootlickers on the ground doing all the work to suppress their common man

Ill conceived because it didn’t work. $5,000 to $6,000 stimulus check minimum to everyone, actually shut the country down for a month (not the half ass shyt that was done) and you wouldn’t need to give $600 a week.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Understood but the public optics of cutting the only source of income for tens of millions of ppl when corona is getting worse isn’t going to be met well at all.
I think the GOP is playing a long game.

Remember the Dems got punished in Congress for Obama’s attempts to save the economy after the crash and passing Obamacare.

So I imagine they might be trying to lay the recovery blame game at the feet of the Dems so the GOP can regain Congress(probably the House) in two years. Go right back to stonewalling.

lib123

All Star
Daps
I think the GOP is playing a long game.

Remember the Dems got punished in Congress for Obama’s attempts to save the economy after the crash and passing Obamacare.

So I imagine they might be trying to lay the recovery blame game at the feet of the Dems so the GOP can regain Congress(probably the House) in two years. Go right back to stonewalling.

Yeah I could definitely see that. Another thing that's overlooked is the George Floyd protests probably wouldn't have popped off as big if people didn't have that extra income reducing their day-to-day worries. I could see conservative politicians viewing withdrawing stimulus as revenge.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why do you keep misrepresenting it and fudging the numbers downward to make your point? :skip:

its not "600", it's not "15 an hour", the bill ends up giving you 3500-4,000 a month to sit home and do nothing :dead: the equivalent of making about 50/60 grand a year. 15 an hour is only 32 grand a year

all us average ass clowns are saying, is that grocery workers shouldnt be expected to go to work for 32 grand a year (15 an hour) while their counterparts sitting at home make 175% of that to be unemployed. that's not fair to essential workers whose taxes and health are paying for that shyt

and for the record, i only quoted you to say this. i admit i was wrong, and that i shouldnt have taken issue with this. that was some dikkhead shyt. but when this doesnt get extended....it's because it's a blatantly flawed arrangement that's paying most people more to not work than they were making at their job. of course it's not gonna get extended, at this level. we should be realistic about it

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
why do you keep misrepresenting it and fudging the numbers downward to make your point? :skip:

its not "600", it's not "15 an hour", the bill ends up giving you 3500-4,000 a month to sit home and do nothing :dead: the equivalent of making about 50/60 grand a year. 15 an hour is only 32 grand a year

all us average ass clowns are saying, is that grocery workers shouldnt be expected to go to work for 32 grand a year (15 an hour) while their counterparts sitting at home make 175% of that to be unemployed. that's not fair to essential workers whose taxes and health are paying for that shyt

and for the record, i only quoted you to say this. i admit i was wrong, and that i shouldnt have taken issue with this. that was some dikkhead shyt. but when this doesnt get extended....it's because it's a blatantly flawed arrangement that's paying most people more to not work than they were making at their job. of course it's not gonna get extended, at this level. we should be realistic about it
I’m not going back and forth about this anymore. The increase was given because they knew a lot of people would be out of work for longer than the shut down. I’m not sure what news you’re looking at but jobs have been permanently lost, companies talking about looming layoffs over the next few months, states bout to close again and places like CA and NY ain’t even fully reopen yet...that extra income was given because there will be millions sitting unemployed in aug, sept, oct, etc while their working counterparts still earn income - and for the millionth time, they fukked up not giving essential workers hazard pay, that’s a completely separate issue from bumping unemployment

lastly, the person I quoted made a whole ass thread hating on the increase talking about his unemployed people making more than managers, breh doesn’t have no desire to see min wage workers making $15/hr

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

nothin but crickets from these same posters about the PPP loans and companies openly stealing millions of taxpayers money.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
They saying they’re trying to pass something by the end of the month. Starts at 6:10. At 7:02 it shows a letter from economists encouraging the policymakers to pass cash payments for as long as necessary.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nothin but crickets from these same posters about the PPP loans and companies openly stealing millions of taxpayers money.
:dahell: that shyt is blatantly criminal

all im saying is dont be surprised when this shyt which was passed by mistake, doesnt get extended. its not gonna

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I filed for unemployment yesterday, are they giving me money for the recent week i claim I didn't work or backpay from when I last worked ?