Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I think you just make this harder than it needs to be by trying to assign qualifiers to people getting their own money back for the most part but what do I know
Can’t/won’t ever happen
yeah because mostly every country in the world knows that's a kiss of death and it can't ever come to that. how you go about propping up banks as needed or controlling certain relationships? sure. but this "they bailed out the banks :pacspit: " stuff is WILDLY reductive

markets going completely volatile in daily sell offs is one thing, massive banks going under and people not being able to access their own money... that's bad times for everybody.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:what:I NEVER SAID ANYONE
SHOULDNT GET IT.

I SAID IT MADE NO SENSE
THAT PPL WHO DIDNT PAY TAXES
SHOULD GET IT OVER PPL WHO PAID TAXES
AND LOST THEIR JOBS.
:devil:
:evil:

My point is the purpose of money is to enable everyone to self isolate in order to stop the spread of the disease, so not giving it to everyone kinda defeats the purpose.

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
OH REALLY?

:umad: LOOK AT HIM, EMOTIONAL.

As if you and a few others aren't emotional over ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS...ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS...not ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND but just a THOUSAND DOLLARS...

Is it really that much of a difference maker to you financially :skip: you are six figure gang, right?

You don't see me insulting ppl over one thousand dollars...this shyt is nothing more than a shrug shoulder moment for me...if they give it to everybody...okay but if not I'ma just shrug my shoulders and move on since my finances (savings) are in order.

:coffee:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Because we know democrats prefer means tested approaches.

They don't think millionaires need stimulus checks.

Neither do progressives. At least that was an argument a lot of Sanders supporters were making on the Coli with regard to education. Or is this different because you think it makes the dems look bad? Serious question.
I thought people were arguing for universality

And Pelosi is a true deficit hawk ideologue. It sucks. Just mail out the checks and recoup the tax revenue on higher taxes for those millionaires.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
As if you and a few others aren't emotional over ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS...ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS...not ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND but just a THOUSAND DOLLARS...

Is it really that much of a difference maker to you financially :skip: you are six figure gang, right?

You don't see me insulting ppl over one thousand dollars...this shyt is nothing more than a shrug shoulder moment for me...if they give it to everybody...okay but if not I'ma just shrug my shoulders and move on since my finances (savings) are in order.

:coffee:

:umad: I HAVENT LOST MY JOB....

IN WHAT WORLD DOES SOMEONE
WHO DOESNT PAY TAXES DESERVE
IT OVER THE PPL WHO PAY TAXES AND GOT LAID OFF?

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
This thread is really showing people's selfishness and that me attitude , y'all negros disgust me:pacspit::to::mindblown: and y'all want the man to give you reparations when we can't even be United on this

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because we know democrats prefer means tested approaches.

They don't think millionaires need stimulus checks.

Neither do progressives. At least that was an argument a lot of Sanders supporters were making on the Coli with regard to education. Or is this different because you think it makes the dems look bad? Serious question.

Bernie’s call was for free college tuition for all and universal healthcare. Regardless of income.

Look I’m begrudgingly, very begrudgingly, voting for Biden regardless. What I am saying is letting Trump flank you from the left is a really bad look. His presidency should have been done given his response to this crisis even if the economy were to bounce back before November.

Allowing him to beat you in calling for relief to individuals gives him a lifeline.

He will play the fake populist role again and if the economy is improving and people got a check that he called for first, it makes it harder to beat him.

Dems should have been ahead of him on calling for stimulus for the individuals. It shouldn’t have even a debate as to who was looking out for the people.

But like I said earlier, Dems are afraid of their own shadows.