Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
deflection from what :mjlol: you cant just print 5 trillion dollars in monopoly money in two months. if it was that easy, we would never argue about how to pay for anything

but if they want to give me another free check, then fukk it :yeshrug:
Deflection about you painting unemployment as everyone sitting at home making more than they once did.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
someone making 50k got about a 30/40 percent raise for unemployment on this bill :dead: you're aware of that, right?

and if you make 100k and have to live like you make 70k for a while? oh, the horror :mjlol:
How did they get a raise? We’ve done this before..,350 (reg unemployment avg) + 600 = 950/wk x 52 wks = $49,400 (even with an extension to Jan this is more than what they’d make with the supplemental UI as it wouldn’t be in place for a year, they’d also likely run out of benefits before a year). Who got a raise? How does this equal $70k...please show me your math as I have no clue wtf you’re talking about. Furthermore salaried workers are losing benefits as well - no health care, no 401k, no life insurance, no dental, etc

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How did they get a raise? We’ve done this before..,350 (reg unemployment) + 600 = 950/wk x 52 wks = $49,400. Who got a raise? How does this equal $70k...please show me your math as I have no clue wtf you’re talking about. Furthermore salaries workers are losing benefits as well - no health care, no 401k, no life insurance, no dental, etc
Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs

i could use anecdotal evidence, like my boy who went from making 700 a week (about 50k) to making a grand a week in unemployment

but heres an article :yeshrug:

and its fine, shyt is fukked up right now. but your numbers are not correct

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Many Americans Are Getting More Money From Unemployment Than They Were From Their Jobs

i could use anecdotal evidence, like my boy who went from making 700 a week (about 50k) to making a grand a week in unemployment

but heres an article :yeshrug:

and its fine, shyt is fukked up right now. but your numbers are not correct
This article basically says what I’ve said, sure, you might be making more if you made less than ~50k, yet millions of people have lost jobs + benefits that make more than 50k, they’re making less. And if that $600 supplement doesn’t get extended, people are really SOL as we will clearly be continuing to shed jobs or freeze hiring well into the fall

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This article basically says what I’ve said, sure, you might be making more if you made less than ~50k, yet millions of people have lost jobs + benefits that make more than 50k, they’re making less. And if that $600 supplement doesn’t get extended, people are really SOL as we will clearly be continuing to shed jobs or freeze hiring well into the fall
fine, just stop calling me out but not being right :heh:

and stop being jealous of not getting free money :mjlol: you dont need it

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
fine, just stop calling me out but not being right :heh:

and stop being jealous of not getting free money :mjlol: you dont need it
You’re not right, you keep acting like everyone has hit a lick, some people may be making more in the interim, a lot of people aren’t. And either way, many people won’t be fully employed again for a long ass time, they are still losing even in “making more” right now.

and that piece about the check was facetious, when they were discussing the first payment I came out the gate saying it shouldn’t go to everyone/people like me. Ain’t nobody jealous of 1200 :childplease:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
@FAH1223 have you read any positive stories from the wealthier Middle East or Asian counties on how they’re dealing with the financial aspect for their citizens?

doesn’t seem like the infection and death rate is high there however...

They're comparable to many US states but the issues economically are bad there as oil prices have collapsed. Citizens in places like Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, etc seem to have resources but businesses are being decimated too. And then the large foreign populations aren't getting anything.

The Impact of Covid-19 on the Middle East and North Africa - World

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
There's talks of 10% paycuts across the board for CA govt employees:sadcam: It's going to hurt those making less than 50k w families. Already living paycheck to paycheck.

Im praying these guys throw a bone to the states and local governments.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
There's talks of 10% paycuts across the board for CA govt employees:sadcam: It's going to hurt those making less than 50k w families. Already living paycheck to paycheck.

Im praying these guys throw a bone to the states and local governments.

They need to. I mean with 36 million unemployed, people still haven't received their first stimulus and the UI system being a complete cluster fukk, majority of Americans are not going out and spending like that.

If the repubs M.O. is the economy, they gonna need to make it rain on us because whatever money we have left is going to bills and food. Even that fund is running out fast. Something needs to be done ASAP or people will do whatever they need to do to put food on the table if you dig what I'm saying.

:demonic:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You’re not right, you keep acting like everyone has hit a lick, some people may be making more in the interim, a lot of people aren’t. And either way, many people won’t be fully employed again for a long ass time, they are still losing even in “making more” right now.

and that piece about the check was facetious, when they were discussing the first payment I came out the gate saying it shouldn’t go to everyone/people like me. Ain’t nobody jealous of 1200 :childplease:
nope. MOST people are :dead: im sorry you cant accept that fact, but its not wrong because you want it to be

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like the system broken and people don't make enough raise the minimum wage
i agree with raising the minimum wage :yeshrug: we're doing it here in mass, goin up to 15 in a couple years

but this unemployment bill is paying people like they make 60 grand a year. its not realistic to extend that past july, at all, if you want to restart the economy

if you dont want to restart the economy, then it doesnt matter :ehh:

Last edited: