Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I’m curious to know what the brehs in here propose, if they don’t want the next stimulus to somewhat benefit the consumer (by a direct payment or extended unemployment, + others)

Like what do y’all suggest these folks in DC do? I’m speaking from a military perspective so mine is a little different. They still have us working but we’re also getting paid. But not everybody is that fortunate and shyt is getting real:francis:

I’d be surprised to see some jobs still be there once things supposedly get “back” in a few weeks. I’m asking because some people are looking funny in the light:mjpls:

Idk if y’all are being serious or not:dahell:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m curious to know what the brehs in here propose, if they don’t want the next stimulus to somewhat benefit the consumer (by a direct payment or extended unemployment, + others)

Like what do y’all suggest these folks in DC do? I’m speaking from a military perspective so mine is a little different. They still have us working but we’re also getting paid. But not everybody is that fortunate and shyt is getting real:francis:

I’d be surprised to see some jobs still be there once things supposedly get “back” in a few weeks. I’m asking because some people are looking funny in the light:mjpls:

the problem is that no one who wants to stay closed, actually articulates how that looks

if you want the country to stay closed for 2 years, and the government to print everyone a hundred thousand dollars, then just say that :heh:

i dont know what the answer is, and i didnt know until this week that its not a problem for the government to print 5 trillion dollars in 2 months :yeshrug: now i do, i guess

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
Have to inject money to the people. Nobody will spend money just reopening the states. People worried about inflation, but I don’t see it happening. The world still trusts the usd. We’ve added to the deficit by trillions already, yet inflation rates have stayed relatively the same.

The bigger issue is deflation. Deflation is the job killer. Nobody will spend money, businesses profit less, which means jobs are cut. Vicious cycle.

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
the problem is that no one who wants to stay closed, actually articulates how that looks

if you want the country to stay closed for 2 years, and the government to print everyone a hundred thousand dollars, then just say that :heh:

i dont know what the answer is, and i didnt know until this week that its not a problem for the government to print 5 trillion dollars in 2 months :yeshrug: now i do, i guess
I understand the point about wanting to reopen. I don’t think it’s possible for businesses to weather that storm if they can’t operate. At the same time ppl aren’t spending money bc they don’t have it.

I felt the same about inflation till some guys from the Fed did some interviews and basically broke it down, saying if anything deflation may happen. I don’t know enough to speak on that:hubie:i always thought: more bills in circulation=Inflation. But apparently that’s not always the case.

My gripe is the first bill heavily favored business owners, ie Cacs. (Ima call it what it is) and the working man was left out. Now that they got their money, we need to “wait it out:mjpls:

Idk if y’all are business owners but it’s a completely different mindset for them. It’s weird seeing working class people essentially go against their own interests with these talking points

Have to inject money to the people. Nobody will spend money just reopening the states. People worried about inflation, but I don’t see it happening. The world still trusts the usd. We’ve added to the deficit by trillions already, yet inflation rates have stayed relatively the same.

The bigger issue is deflation. Deflation is the job killer. Nobody will spend money, businesses profit less, which means jobs are cut. Vicious cycle.
Facts. When Jerome Powell broke all that done with inflation/deflation/stagnation I was like:ehh:

I thought he was a Breh at first with a name like that till I seen a video

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand the point about wanting to reopen. I don’t think it’s possible for businesses to weather that storm if they can’t operate. At the same time ppl aren’t spending money bc they don’t have it.

I felt the same about inflation till some guys from the Fed did some interviews and basically broke it down, saying if anything deflation may happen. I don’t know enough to speak on that:hubie:i always thought: more bills in circulation=Inflation. But apparently that’s not always the case.

My gripe is the first bill heavily favored business owners, ie Cacs. (Ima call it what it is) and the working man was left out. Now that they got their money, we need to “wait it out:mjpls:

Idk if y’all are business owners but it’s a completely different mindset for them. It’s weird seeing working class people essentially go against their own interests with these talking points
ok good post. but who is the working man that this bill fukked over and left out?

because its certainly not my friend who went from 700 bucks a week plumbing to making a thousand bucks a week to smoke weed and watch netflix :dead:

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps

Facts. When Jerome Powell broke all that done with inflation/deflation/stagnation I was like:ehh:

I thought he was a Breh at first with a name like that till I seen a video

Yep. Mainstream media screams inflation all the time but rarely talk about deflation. We’ve added trillions over the last decade yet we are barely averaging around the 2% inflation rate which is par for the course. The usd is still the benchmark currency for the world and consumers still trust it as currency.

We have to avoid deflation if we want to avoid a severe recession. Gotta give money to the consumers to spend. Imo 1200 isn’t enough.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
ok good post. but who is the working man that this bill fukked over and left out?

because its certainly not my friend who went from 700 bucks a week plumbing to making a thousand bucks a week to smoke weed and watch netflix :dead:

You really need to chill on your usage of anecdotal evidence habibi

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep. Mainstream media screams inflation all the time but rarely talk about deflation. We’ve added trillions over the last decade yet we are barely averaging around the 2% inflation rate which is par for the course. The usd is still the benchmark currency for the world and consumers still trust it as currency.

We have to avoid deflation if we want to avoid a severe recession. Gotta give money to the consumers to spend. Imo 1200 isn’t enough.
but spend how and where though? you can give people a million dollars but they dont have anywhere to spend it besides amazon and the grocery store. thats as much an issue as the money supply; shyt is forced to be closed right now

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

i dont know what the answer is,
and i didnt know until this week that its not a problem for the government to print 5 trillion dollars in 2 months :yeshrug: now i do, i guess
So you know the problem and continously criticize people who caution but you don't know the answer :deadrose: .

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
but spend how and where though? you can give people a million dollars but they dont have anywhere to spend it besides amazon and the grocery store. thats as much an issue as the money supply; shyt is forced to be closed right now

You would want to put money in peoples hands before businesses reopen. So it’s basically expendable money. Restaurants/retail misc would get better, owners hire workers to keep up with demand. Supply increases to meet demand, rinse n repeat.

while I’m super conservative fiscally, the US economy is dependent on debt. So it needs people spending money.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

My plan called for a complete lockdown for one month and give everybody $5000. They also should've halted all loans, mortgages and accounts payables for one month as well
Everything on pause.

Grocery stores should've had strict entering guidelines including greeting all guests with masks and hand sanitizer.

Point being they should've attacked this in a big way from the beginning. Instead everything was staggered and more people got sick

Let's go back further. The moment the virus started spreading in china every passenger arriving from overseas should have been immediately quarantined for 2 weeks. And not that self quarantine bullshyt which nobody followed. Cruise ship passengers were forced to stay on board. Airline passengers should've been forced to quarantine at a secured location.

But since they didnt more people spread the virus unnecessarily.

Never mind the fact that media outlets downplayed the potential spread until the numbers skyrocketed overnight. They should've treated the first case like it was 10,000 cases.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You would want to put money in peoples hands before businesses reopen. So it’s basically expendable money. Restaurants/retail misc would get better, owners hire workers to keep up with demand. Supply increases to meet demand, rinse n repeat.

while I’m super conservative fiscally, the US economy is dependent on debt. So it needs people spending money.
i dont think we should or can be locked down past the end of june :yeshrug: thats where im coming from