Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
isnt it obamacare :skip:

and what should they have done anyway? put health insurance in the bill?
As someone who got laid off, yea the companies should be forced to extend the insurance, or the state provide.

Likewise, aren't you like a 30 yr old white dude who has loved hip hop for years? How do you have such 50yr old cracker opinions?!?!

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As someone who got laid off, yea the companies should be forced to extend the insurance, or the state provide.

Likewise, aren't you like a 30 yr old white dude who has loved hip hop for years? How do you have such 50yr old cracker opinions?!?!
doesnt the state provide it? :dahell: thats what the obamacare website says. im literally reading it

and where the fukk did i say you should have lost your health insurance anyway? :dahell: i didnt say anything like that. what opinion are you even talking about?

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
doesnt the state provide it? :dahell: thats what the obamacare website says. im literally reading it

and where the fukk did i say you should have lost your health insurance anyway? :dahell: i didnt say anything like that. what opinion are you even talking about?
Admittedly I didn't look at the insurance part of UI yet :yeshrug:

You didn't. Talking general takeaways I've made since I started posting in this forum.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
As the US grapples with 16.8 million job losses in the last three weeks – representing roughly one in 10 working Americans – the below image shows people waiting in their cars on Thursday for the San Antonio Food Bank in Texas.

2400.jpg

Look at all these people that are now making 130% more than when they were employed :francis:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
probably :ehh:

again, if youre gonna call me a scumbag are you gonna answer the question :dahell:if overpaying people wasnt enough then what number is? thats all i was asking. i dont give a fukk how much people get
1) I never called you a scumbag
2) I never said they should be given more, our back and forth has been about you pretending like the people who are getting more per week with this increase are somehow getting over when it’s a temporary increase and so many of them will be unemployed or underemployed through late this year. They are getting extra because the government knows it’ll have to last longer for so many people

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Admittedly I didn't look at the insurance part of UI yet :yeshrug:

You didn't. Talking general takeaways I've made since I started posting in this forum.
1) I never called you a scumbag
2) I never said they should be given more, our back and forth has been about you pretending like the people who are getting more per week with this increase are somehow getting over when it’s a temporary increase and so many of them will be unemployed or underemployed through late this year. They are getting extra because the government knows it’ll have to last longer for so many people
apparently i came off as a huge dikkhead if anyone thinks i have a problem with people getting help and money through all this shyt :yeshrug:

i mean if you really got that perception, im just gonna shut the fukk up :dead: thats not how i feel

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
apparently i came off as a huge dikkhead if anyone thinks i have a problem with people getting help and money through all this shyt :yeshrug:

i mean if you really got that perception, im just gonna shut the fukk up :dead: thats not how i feel
You’ve been making the same disparaging, pocket watching comment about people being paid more in unemployment than they were when employed for weeks now...you definitely have come across as thinking people are getting over to sit unemployed as opposed to getting the extra money they will need to tide them over. Multiple times you’ve made the argument of why would people work when they can make more unemployed, so yes, that’s the perception you’ve put out.
:russell: gimme a fukkin break

paying people more to stay home and do nothing than they would get for working is fukkin stupid, im not out of line for questioning it :dead:
Here’s one of those posts

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
1. you are not guaranteed to 100% of your salary in unemployment, so there are a large swathes of people, depending on their state who the additional money will allow them to at least make their normal salary if not slightly less.

Although each state uses its own formula to calculate benefits, all states use the applicant's prior earnings in their calculations. Because unemployment compensation is intended to partially replace your income, the amount you will receive depends on how much you used to earn. Most states use an applicant's earnings during the highest paid calendar quarter of the base period as a starting point (in most states, the base period is the earliest four of the last five complete calendar quarters the employee worked before becoming unemployed). Some states use the two highest paid quarters of the base period; others look at the applicant's prior annual earnings.

Once this amount is calculated, the state then uses a multiplier, based on what percentage of wages it replaces, to come up with a weekly benefit amount. For example, a state that uses the applicant's highest paid quarter (13 weeks) and replaces half of the applicant's wages would multiple the total earnings in the highest paid quarter by 1/26 to come up with a weekly benefit amount.

This isn't the last step in the process, however: Every state also has minimum and maximum benefit amounts. No matter how much you used to earn, you can't collect more than the maximum weekly amount. Some states also pay a bit more per week to applicants with dependents.

2. insurance during unemployment is based on an estimate of your income for the year as well as your household (dependents, etc.). You either have to sign up for coverage through the market place or apply for medicaid. You only receive free or paid for healthcare if you're deemed to have limited income. Even some low income people will still have to pay for their health insurance, even if its a fraction.

Sure would be nice if someone figured out a way to offset some of these costs for people who of no fault of their own are out of work. :jbhmm:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You’ve been making the same disparaging, pocket watching comment about people being paid more in unemployment than they were when employed for weeks now...you definitely have come across as thinking people are getting over to sit unemployed as opposed to getting the extra money they will need to tide them over. Multiple times you’ve made the argument of why would people work when they can make more unemployed, so yes, that’s the perception you’ve put out.

Here’s one of those posts
yeah, because dude said "the government doesnt care about taking care of the common man"

and i replied "my friend was making 700 to work and now hes making 1000 to not work. the government took care of him"

if that makes me charles koch jr then fine :heh:

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

Word I feel that breh. No I'll will here.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Not that this matters, but for point of reference. I was making $32/hr with about 8hrs a week OT, and my Unemployment check from the state is $962 lol!

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
yeah, because dude said "the government doesnt care about taking care of the common man"

and i replied "my friend was making 700 to work and now hes making 1000 to not work. the government took care of him"

if that makes me charles koch jr then fine :heh:
If the Federal government makes true on their promise I'll be taking in about $1900 a check with no health insurance, and have to recoup the other taxes.

All in all, enough to keep me a float if I don't get too sick. Someone with a family though? Nah.