Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Disagree

If the results are bad enough then they will vote on that. Trump knows this thats why he wants most everywhere to open up in 2 weeks

If they didnt structure unemployment right then people are really gonna wig out

I see it like this:

1. Its your weekly benefit x 26 for your cap. then extra 600 on top of that until you exhaust "pre 600" cap. Which in my case id run out in around 5 weeks
2. Its the pre bonus cap plus an extra 13 weeks of the pre bonus cap in which case id run out in 7 or 8 weeks
3. Its the pre bonus cap. Weekly benefit plus 600 until cap is hit. Then an extra 13 weeks of just the $600
4. They will factor in the 600 to your weekly benefit then times that by 39 for cap. In that case id be rolling in dough. Like really rolling in dough.

I cant imagine its #3 or #4
...all unnecessary speculations had congress prioritized the citizens' plight over maintaining the status quo
There would be no need to hope for the perfect scenario with UBI or government paying your debt for rona months, like they did for banks in '08/'09

As proven by low one-time payment amount, poor execution/delay in processing unemployment claims/sending checks, and unanimous vote for a horrible package...structuring unemployment was the least of congress' worries because they know citizens wouldn't "wig out". Instead citizens will blame the opposing party of their fav politicians as they hunker down in whatever ideological comfort zone they created

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
...all unnecessary speculations had congress prioritized the citizens' plight over maintaining the status quo
There would be no need to hope for the perfect scenario with UBI or government paying your debt for rona months, like they did for banks in '08/'09

As proven by low one-time payment amount, poor execution/delay in processing unemployment claims/sending checks, and unanimous vote for a horrible package...structuring unemployment was the least of congress' worries because they know citizens wouldn't "wig out". Instead citizens will blame the opposing party of their fav politicians as they hunker down in whatever ideological comfort zone they created
Weren't you in this same thread saying how this wont be a big deal?

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I’ve been avoiding this thread and everything about the US stimulus package but I legit almost can’t believe this is what they settled on.

Canada is providing $2k per month for four months and we’ve got a one time payment.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

I’ve been avoiding this thread and everything about the US stimulus package but I legit almost can’t believe this is what they settled on.

Canada is providing $2k per month for four months and we’ve got a one time payment.

Passed a bill allowing for trillions to corporations, gave people a one time $1200 check and said we'll get you on the next one. Look out for Detox
0ef90322cbd73d73d046272a59136fff-3.png

But that extra $600 added on to unemployment benefits will help people a lot :ehh:

Airfeezy

All Star
Daps

To be fair think we should have received more than 1200 but I think that extra 2k a month in Canada is only if you lost your job so basically the same as the 600 per week in unemployment really not defending the government just saying I don’t think there is a huge difference

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

but if you lost your job, you end up getting paid 130% of what you were making at your job in unemployment checks :dahell: what more did we need to give out?

and if you still have your job, you get your paychecks plus this check

i don't think we fell short here :yeshrug: other than time to get the checks out, but we have 11x Canada's population

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair think we should have received more than 1200 but I think that extra 2k a month in Canada is only if you lost your job so basically the same as the 600 per week in unemployment really not defending the government just saying I don’t think there is a huge difference
it isn't

you either:

-kept your job, so you're still getting paid plus a free 1200 dollars
-lost your job, so you get unemployment plus 600 a week on top of that. which is more than you were getting paid to work. plus the free 1200 dollars

obviously some people got fukked, but isnt the above true for the vast majority of america?

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
it isn't

you either:

-kept your job, so you're still getting paid plus a free 1200 dollars
-lost your job, so you get unemployment plus 600 a week on top of that. which is more than you were getting paid to work. plus the free 1200 dollars

obviously some people got fukked, but isnt the above true for the vast majority of america?
So I saw that anyone getting any unemployment can get the 600 per week?

So wifey hours getting cut at work so they told her to file for the lost hours weekly(she still getting around 30 per week) so she should get the 600 too since she technically getting partial unemployment?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I saw that anyone getting any unemployment can get the 600 per week?

So wifey hours getting cut at work so they told her to file for the lost hours weekly(she still getting around 30 per week) so she should get the 600 too since she technically getting partial unemployment?
yeah, she's gonna get a regular unemployment check plus 600 dollars a week. she's gonna make more unemployed than she was working :dead:

or at least that's what the bill says :yeshrug: