Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
but if you lost your job, you end up getting paid 130% of what you were making at your job in unemployment checks :dahell: what more did we need to give out?

and if you still have your job, you get your paychecks plus this check

i don't think we fell short here :yeshrug: other than time to get the checks out, but we have 11x Canada's population
Unemployment doesn't last forever, I repeat unemployment doesn't last forever. These talking points are funny, you're acting like you can make a career out of not working, not to mention there is little to no insurance coverage.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unemployment doesn't last forever, I repeat unemployment doesn't last forever. These talking points are funny, you're acting like you can make a career out of not working, not to mention there is little to no insurance coverage.
lasts for 4 months, last i heard. im hoping we open up again by may :yeshrug:

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
yeah, she's gonna get a regular unemployment check plus 600 dollars a week. she's gonna make more unemployed than she was working :dead:

or at least that's what the bill says :yeshrug:
right.gif

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
isnt it obamacare :skip:

and what should they have done anyway? put health insurance in the bill?
Just saying there are costs that an unemployed American would have to pay that a Canadian citizen wouldn’t, if you get covid while unemployed and have to be hospitalized that’s a 30k+ bill. The Canadian bill was only like 88 billion as well compared to our 2 trillion dollar bill.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saying there are costs that an unemployed American would have to pay that a Canadian citizen wouldn’t, if you get covid while unemployed and have to be hospitalized that’s a 30k+ bill. The Canadian bill was only like 88 billion as well compared to our 2 trillion dollar bill.
im not sure how to solve that problem in a stimulus bill :yeshrug:

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
but if you lost your job, you end up getting paid 130% of what you were making at your job in unemployment checks :dahell: what more did we need to give out?

and if you still have your job, you get your paychecks plus this check

i don't think we fell short here :yeshrug: other than time to get the checks out, but we have 11x Canada's population
Do you know how hard it is to get unemployment benefits even without a pandemic going on? Websites have been crashing, phone lines are jammed, I’ve seen people making hundreds of calls just to get through to someone. It’s also not permanent and it doesn’t account for medical coverage which is a whole other can of worms. I’ve helped people obtain public benefits for years, this isn’t as easy as some of y’all make it out to be.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you know how hard it is to get unemployment benefits even without a pandemic going on? Websites have been crashing, phone lines are jammed, I’ve seen people making hundreds of calls just to get through to someone. It’s also not permanent and it doesn’t account for medical coverage which is a whole other can of worms. I’ve helped people obtain public benefits for years, this isn’t as easy as some of y’all make it out to be.
yeah, absolutely. but there was no bill they could have passed to change that :yeshrug: the shyt show with getting the money out was inevitable. even if the stimulus gave everyone a million dollars it would be the same thing

im just talking about the amount of money they approved, which seems to be fair enough

F K

All Star
Daps

:mjlol: These are business people and don't know politics. Americans love working and love their free market. If we let the companies fail and just gave citizens checks to tide them over until the economy built itself back up(huge IF) against the dumb idiots would just vote the opposition party into power.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
350 (regular unemployment) plus 600 UI increase) is 950 wk...$49k a year. Lots of unemployed people make more than that...but the reality is, unemployment with the pandemic extension is only 39 weeks, so even if paid that 950 the whole time, that’s $37k...but wait, there’s more, this increased is for only four (three if the extension ends at the beginning of July) months, then it’s back to 350/wk - how many people are surviving off of 1400/month and doing so in a way that supports them when UI benefits run out? People have 9 months to become employed before benefits end

you keep shooting shyt out your mouth like everything is going to bounce back and people will all have jobs again when 1000s of businesses arent coming back. This increase is meant to brace for the fact that people will likely be out of work for a long ass time, no one is most people arent getting a raise with this...unless you make less than 49k AND you’re able to bounce back into a job quickly, then just maybe you’ll have gotten a couple extra thousand this year..,oh no!
so since you still havent answered the question :heh:

if making 300 more a week for not working wasnt enough, what number did you want to see? simple question

my friend was making about 700 a week,now he gets a thousand. what should he be getting in your opinion? because hes pretty happy with it

i dont care if you dont like my opinion but nothing i said was "wrong"

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
so since you still havent answered the question :heh:

if making 300 more a week for not working wasnt enough, what number did you want to see? simple question

my friend was making about 700 a week,now he gets a thousand. what should he be getting in your opinion? because hes pretty happy with it

i dont care if you dont like my opinion but nothing i said was "wrong"
Is your friend going to jump up and have a job in July when UI goes back to $350/wk?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is your friend going to jump up and have a job in July when UI goes back to $350/wk?
probably :ehh:

again, if youre gonna call me a scumbag are you gonna answer the question :dahell:if overpaying people wasnt enough then what number is? thats all i was asking. i dont give a fukk how much people get