• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Draft Zeke and start mashin on muthaphukkaz
This the dynasty teams of the 90's and the last good team we had had this type of formula as the main part but people like nah let's draft a safety/cb. Real shyt how often have teams won big and cats like its mainly a cb doing the bulk of the work. Hell besides the LOB I can't even think of a group in the defensive backfield recently where that is the case. My other Boys fans help me out with naming the other groups where the DBS were widely considered the best part of a winning team.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
This the dynasty teams of the 90's and the last good team we had had this type of formula as the main part but people like nah let's draft a safety/cb. Real shyt how often have teams won big and cats like its mainly a cb doing the bulk of the work. Hell besides the LOB I can't even think of a group in the defensive backfield recently where that is the case. My other Boys fans help me out with naming the other groups where the DBS were widely considered the best part of a winning team.

Cardinals last year?

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Cardinals last year?
I bet they wished they had the ability to run out the clock in that final game though.
Even LOB had Lynch.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They dont have to be the best unit on the team but dudes like ed reed, polomalu, chancellor, etc. Have anchored great teams on defense. They comparing ramsey to woodson. If he can have that type of impact itll be a great look for our d going forward. Im not completely opposed to drafting Zeke but a thing to consider..dude is gonna be paid like a top 10 rb the moment he hits the league. Essentially the type of money we refused to pay DeMarco

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Well, it's not they we're trying to build a MONSTER in the secondary so much as just not having to count on Heath and Wilcox to make plays.

You could also make the same argument you just made for RBs. Outside Marshawn, can't think of any team winning in recent memory with a bellcow.

It's strong QB play and generating TOs on defense (usually through pass rush). Everything else is a differing variable that each SB winner interchanges.

Not saying you're wrong, just play devil's advocate.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Well, it's not they we're trying to build a MONSTER in the secondary so much as just not having to count on Heath and Wilcox to make plays.

You could also make the same argument you just made for RBs. Outside Marshawn, can't think of any team winning in recent memory with a bellcow.

It's strong QB play and generating TOs on defense (usually through pass rush). Everything else is a differing variable that each SB winner interchanges.

Basically that's whats up. It's a QB league. You can be great at any other position and you might still go 8-8 or worse. If you have a great QB you are almost definitely making the playoffs, or at least in contention. We didn't go 4-12 last year cause we didn't have a RB, we went 4-12 cause no QB.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215

You could use the same argument but I specifically said when the Cowboys was at their best what has been their formula. Is there any denying that?

They dont have to be the best unit on the team but dudes like ed reed, polomalu, chancellor, etc. Have anchored great teams on defense. They comparing ramsey to woodson. If he can have that type of impact itll be a great look for our d going forward. Im not completely opposed to drafting Zeke but a thing to consider..dude is gonna be paid like a top 10 rb the moment he hits the league. Essentially the type of money we refused to pay DeMarco
They compared Mo to Deion too lol. We know that don't mean much on top of we get comps every year. I hope he has that kind of impact though since that seems like who we are going to get. I'm not worried about the money because Zeke is 20/21 not 25/26.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Just take the best player available and hope that he pans out as long as it isn't the offensive lineman. We're good there and drafting Laremy would just be overkill.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
If he lives up to the hype then he's a million times better than Murray, i said before you don't sign a RB who can't take it to the house and Murray could only do that between the 20s.
Maybe they should devote resources to O-Line like we did
They tried with Cooper but he ended up being average at best, and even with our massive line McFadden only had 3 tds.