• Poll closed .

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again

I could post 20 more of these...

I respect the footage and analysis, but just from my own personal test I just cant put Zeke over Gurley. Zeke might be more complete but Gurley's athleticism puts him over the top. Even in that analysis the dude says Gurley has a higher ceiling. Dude could legit be close to Peterson. Zeke might be like a marshall faul, nfl.com compares him to edgerrin james

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Glad you said this.

I don't have a problem with players as long as they're producing i.e our running game, Selvies by committee. But on the defensive side of the ball have all the bad Selvies. We have a chance to not get a George Selvie but instead, we want to address a position that's producing. Then fill in the gap with more Selvies :mjcry:

#AnybodyButOhioStateInTheFirstRound @smitty22

Ramsey
DT/WR
WR/DT
Dak/12 Gage
Honestly I think our running game last year was fools gold and if I go into the season thread I remember nikkas saying our O line looking funny in the light/took a step back etc. Y'all don't think some of it was because of the runners stats aside? The RB spot is producing but some of y'all on the a to b car route that y'all know y'all wouldn't do if,you didn't have to. Would you rather have a a Benz or a Kia? Lol

you can use that argument for every position, but you look at the data...it shows its much easier to find a stud RB in later rounds then a DB. you can still find stud db's in later rounds, but its nowhere near as frequent as it is with rb's
I don't agree with the DB stuff at all. A lot of cats that are good in the league at DB are later round picks. Outside of QB IMO that argument holds no weight.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly I think our running game last year was fools gold and if I go into the season thread I remember nikkas saying our O line looking funny in the light/took a step back etc. Y'all don't think some of it was because of the runners stats aside? The RB spot is producing but some of y'all on the a to b car route that y'all know y'all wouldn't do if,you didn't have to. Would you rather have a a Benz or a Kia? Lol

I don't agree with the DB stuff at all. A lot of cats that are good in the league at DB are later round picks. Outside of QB IMO that argument holds no weight.
high-1st round safeties rarely bust, even Mark Barron was able to revitalize his career in a new role this past season

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Matt Jones was a part of that bad team and he was more productive than Morris, we're taking up 3 roster spots because we don't have 1 back to carry the load.

Breh...Morris had more carries than Jones...for more yards than Jones...at a higher per yard carry than Jones...

That shyt was 100% about salary...they knew they were going to have to pay Alfred more than Jones going forward so they just slowly phased him out...

If Morris gets the 144 touches back that jones got from him then Morris is in line to do the same thing he does every year...run for over a 1000 at 4 yards a carry...

I think we are taking up 3 roster spots for running backs because our most expensive one is only costing a little over a million dollars a year...and the absolute max any one of them can make is around 2.5 million...and that is Morris...and he got to rush for 1600 yards this year or next year to get it...

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
I respect the footage and analysis, but just from my own personal test I just cant put Zeke over Gurley. Zeke might be more complete but Gurley's athleticism puts him over the top. Even in that analysis the dude says Gurley has a higher ceiling. Dude could legit be close to Peterson. Zeke might be like a marshall faul, nfl.com compares him to edgerrin james
Marshall Faulk and Edgerrin were pretty good, im sure behind that line at dallas it would have been filthy. Im sure no one would say lets not draft those 2 at 4 either. I aint taking nothing away from
Gurley, im a fan. Just think Zeke better

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
So the addition of Ramsey will make this defense a top 10 D :stopitslime:
No but it's a step in the right direction. If you get Ramsey AND add a DT, you're increasing the defense significantly.

What mcFadden did was impressive if you take in consideration he was the focal point of the offense, didn't have a receiving threat or QB and often face 8 and 9 men boxes. Things will open up for him even more this year.

I'm ride the K900, I ain't time to be getting pulled over for profiling. Might fukk around and have them packs on me :steviej:

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
No offense but basically outside of QB couldn't you use that logic in every position?

As much as I disagree and go at cats at times, I just want people to know I like having other Boys fans (even with the occasional disagreements) to chop it up with. No matter who we pick I want them to do good just obviously hope its the person I want lol

No doubt, but not when you factor in what we already invested in the offensive line. If we had NO run game whatsoever I could see the argument "ok, let's grab an elite RB because that's easier than spending a few years trying to rebuild your offensive line" but we've already spent THREE firsts on the best line in the NFL. With Collins now we have potentially four all-pro's on that line, so in my mind we don't need to spend a top five pick to give us the production a third-round pick in Murray gave us two years ago.

Zeke is the best RB in the draft, but is the difference in production between him and a guy like Collins/Prosise on our team going to be enough to make up the difference of draft placement/cost/missing out on a potentially elite defensive player?

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Breh...Morris had more carries than Jones...for more yards than Jones...at a higher per yard carry than Jones...

That shyt was 100% about salary...they knew they were going to have to pay Alfred more than Jones going forward so they just slowly phased him out...

If Morris gets the 144 touches back that jones got from him then Morris is in line to do the same thing he does every year...run for over a 1000 at 4 yards a carry...

I think we are taking up 3 roster spots for running backs because our most expensive one is only costing a little over a million dollars a year...and the absolute max any one of them can make is around 2.5 million...and that is Morris...and he got to rush for 1600 yards this year or next year to get it...
Morris - 10 rec for 55 yds
Jones - 19 rec for 304 yds

It wasn't just about money he's just a more dynamic back than Morris, a RB who can run and catch is way more valuable than a RB who just runs.
Prosise gonna be the best RB coming out this year anyway
Hands are too small.