Who do you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol i was like @*DalMem* but ima hold off until week 1. We better have a rookie besdes zeke contribute from day 1. Atleast 1 other rookie

Naw, say whatever you want.

This isn't the Cowboys Offseaon Thread or Cowboys Season Thread.

It's the fukking Cowboys Draft Thread. Where you talk about the fukking draft.

A lot of these nikkas just want to blindly dikkride Jerruh draft decisions without being criticized.

Common fukking sense is if you're tired of hearing about the draft then the logical thing to do is go back to the offseason thread. But we're dealing with some real retards here. :yeshrug:

And we all know @philmonroe is a fukking joke. :mjlol:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ezekiel Elliott: My Top 10 Whitty Comments
By Richie Whitt

And to help their woeful defense, the Cowboys with their top draft pick add a ... running back?

10. Hate to be Buzz Killington, but I’m not about to cut my old Joseph Randle No. 21 jersey into a crop top and dive into your celebratory mosh pit over Ezekiel Elliott. Why? Because the Cowboys had - have! - much bigger holes to fill than running back.

9. They apparently had identical draft grades for Elliott and Florida State defensive back Jalen Ramsey. If so, shouldn’t the tie be broken by need? With Joey Bosa shockingly going to the Chargers at No. 3, maybe they couldn’t take a pass-rusher. But it’s clear a team that was 25th in sacks and forced an NFL record-low 11 takeaways needs playmakers on defense. Elliott simply doesn’t help in the area the Cowboys need the most help. Hard truth: In the 1st round the nine best pass-rushers, five best cornerbacks and two best safeties were all drafted. Poof. Gone.

8. Allow me to merely echo the initial sentiments of a certain someone who wanted the Cowboys to draft Ramsey. Tweeted Dez Bryant to Elliott: Welcome … Let’s see what happens. Not exactly a ringing endorsement. Elliott might be a slight upgrade over Darren McFadden/Alfred Morris/Lance Dunbar. But is that really going to be noticeable when the defense surrenders 30+ points per game?

7. Hope all these fans slobbering “Zeeeeeke!” over the pick are happy when in Week 1 the Cowboys attempt to stop the Giants’ passing game with pressure on Eli Manning from Jack Crawford, and coverage on Odell Beckham by Brandon Carr. Good. Luck.

6. In case you haven’t been paying attention, the importance of running backs has been greatly diluted in today’s NFL. Sorry, Elliott isn’t Emmitt Smith and this isn’t 1995. No. 4 for a running back is just too high. Why? Because 25 of the league’s 32 starting running backs weren’t drafted in the 1st round. Because the last six running backs drafted in the Top 5 have combined to make exactly one Pro Bowl. Because the Broncos just won a Super Bowl with Ronnie Hillman, and because Adrian Peterson has won only one playoff game in his career. The NFL now converts 3rd downs and scores points via the pass, and it crowns champions with defenses that rush the passer and create turnovers. In a drag race that favors big tires and huge horsepower, the Cowboys just paid for a shiny new paint job.

5. A former Cowboy was also miffed by the pick. Said Deion Sanders on NFL Network, “I love Ezekiel Elliott. But this is my dilemma. The teams that have gone to the Super Bowl and fared well, they got there by defense. Now you have the opportunity to get a real corner and you pass that up? See, that's one of those guys that is really gonna change the game. That's what I feel. I don't know about that one Cowboys.” Making the pick even more confusing: The 2017 draft will feature blue-chip running backs Leonard Fournette (LSU), Nick Chubb (Georgia) and Darwin Cook (Florida State).

4. If you were going to draft Elliott, why did you just sign Morris as a free agent? The former Redskin rushed for 1,600 yards as recently as 2012 and gained 1,000+ in three of his last four years. And, oh yeah, McFadden last season rushed for 1,000 yards in only 10 starts and without a healthy Tony Romo or Bryant. In 2015 McFadden was the NFL’s 4th-leading rusher and the Cowboys’ ground game finished in the Top 10. I mean, seriously, was this a broken running game that needed repairing? And we’re not even factoring in Dunbar, who was on a record pace for receptions by a running back before tearing up his knee. I dunno, maybe the Cowboys are going to run the Wishbone?

3. I’m less than half-joking when I say this: Cowboys fans are giddy at the pick because they saw highlights of Elliott running into the end zone a lot in college, because “Zeeeeeke!” is really fun to yell/Tweet, and because they are warped Fantasy Football owners who greatly overvalue running backs.

2. I’m sitting here lamenting the lack of defensive help, but apparently it could’ve been much worse. Owner Jerry Jones admitted to reporters last night at Valley Ranch that he attempted to trade picks No. 34 (2nd round) and No. 67 (3rd round) for Seattle’s No. 26 pick in the 1st round to draft Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch. The Broncos, fortunately, beat them to the punch. Said Jones, “We were working real hard to get up there for that quarterback.” What the what?! That would’ve left the Cowboys with no picks until the 4th round and without a drop of defensive help.

1. Elliott is a good player, but a bad pick. Just not the right fit. The Cowboys have a loaf of bread but no water. So what’d they do? Went to the grocery store and bought … another loaf of bread?

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cowboys Get Too Cute, Fail To Fill Holes in Disappointing Draft
By Richie Whitt

Did I miss something?

Best I recall the Cowboys were 4-12 last year. Aside from Tony Romo’s injury, they were beset by a glaring lack of defensive playmakers that led to a record-low 11 takeaways. Entering the draft they had well-defined defensive needs, and the pick ammunition to adequately and immediately satisfy them.

So why did the Cowboys draft like a 12-4 team?

They drafted running back Ezekiel Elliott, although they have the NFL’s 4th-leading rusher and just signed a solid veteran backup in free agency.

They attempted to trade two primo picks to select quarterback Paxton Lynch, even though owner Jerry Jones expects Romo to play as many as five more seasons.

They spent a high pick on injured linebacker Jaylon Smith, who likely won’t step on the field in 2016 and is not guaranteed to ever return to 100 percent.

After failing to trade up to draft Lynch and Connor Cook, they stubbornly settled for Dak Prescott in the 4th round.

And with their last pick in the 6th round they drafted, yep, a guy who hasn’t played football since the 6th grade.

In between the confusion, I like the picks of defensive linemen Maliek Collins and Charles Tapper, cornerback Anthony Brown and safety Kavon Frazier. But otherwise, the Cowboys drafted like a team that could afford the luxury of taking risks. And they can’t.

In Elliott they didn’t fix a problem, but merely strengthened a solution. With Elliott, Darren McFadden, Alfred Morris and Lance Dunbar on the roster, they totally wasted a pick in the 6th round with yet another running back in Darius Jackson. Prescott is a talented athlete, but it's difficult to fathom him beating out Kellen Moore to be Romo’s backup this year. (Stop with the Cowboys "like him all along" rhetoric. Yeah, I really liked my prom date, too. Especially after the first two girls turned me down.) And I know Antonio Gates started his Hall of Fame, tight-end career as a basketball player, but does Rico Gathers have real potential or did the Cowboys draft a player that otherwise would have gone undrafted?

Bottom line: The Cowboys drafted nine players. Four of them – Smith, Prescott, Jackson and Gathers – have no chance of getting on the field and helping them in 2016.

High risk-reward picks are well and good for 12-4 teams or defending Super Bowl champs that can afford the luxury of patience. But the Cowboys haven’t sniffed a Super Bowl in 20 years. They need help. And they need it now.

This was the draft where the Cowboys needed to better their team. Instead, it feels like the front office tried to prove to the NFL how clever it could be.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was a weak ass article dude. Ramsey wouldnt do shyt to Odell same way Carr wont. Were gonna double him like we been doing. I was done wanting Ramsey when they saud we wanted him at cb.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
That was a weak ass article dude. Ramsey wouldnt do shyt to Odell same way Carr wont. Were gonna double him like we been doing. I was done wanting Ramsey when they saud we wanted him at cb.
Notice how they had nothing but positive highlights for Zeke, but when they showed the Ramsey clips they made sure to show how he doesn't have any ball skills:sas2:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
My man Shango is so much of a homer that he contradicted himself in the same video. :wow:

Saying the common denominator of all the teams that made it to the Super Bowl were their good defenses. :wow: And a lot them had an average offense.

I wish my man Shango would've done his research. Because there never been a team to win the Super Bowl that also lead the league in rushing. :wow:

My man Shango said Mo Claiborne was going to be the next Revis right after the Cowboys 2012 draft. :wow:

Dax being part Cam Newton/Russell Wilson. :wow:

:mjlol:

could be worse we could of had this nikka making vids about our team

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Dak Prescott sucks ass. :trash:
This.

I want no part of this nikka. :camby:
U smoking he be the perfect mascot for us :russ: :mjlol:
:dead:

You don't want to know what is going on in this thread breh...

It's civil war in here...

I'm not even watching the draft...came to read the thread and saw we drafted a dude who had "knee reconstruction"

It's horrifying...I just told my wife put a parental lockout code on ESPN and NFL Network and don't give it to me until week 1 of the NFL season...

They were high fiving like crazy when they decided on Collins.

Prescott > Cook
:obama:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
You think Zeke going to score more than 3 with no Romo and No Dez...:bryan:

How he going to get to the red zone?

shyt how he going to get to the other side of the 50 :bryan:

A receiver who can't get open vs a running back who carried the offense because said receiver could never get open:jbhmm:

Cause I am of the mind that T Rex inability to get open and catch a football went a long way in making the cowboys coaching staff say fukk it give it to a guy who has never stayed healthy and lets just see what happens? :jbhmm:

:mjlol: