Daps
Reppin
NULL
ronda rousey hasn't been portrayed as a sex symbol? :comeon:

Ronda-Rousey-Buffalo-Pro-1.jpg

Ronda-Rousey-Buffalo-Pro-7.jpg

rr3-840x560.jpg

Ronda+Rousey+%E2%80%93+Maxim+USA+September+2013-4.jpg

Anybody can be portrayed as anything. Any woman can take model pictures. If this is all it takes to be a sex symbol, god help us all

3503F37F00000578-3629517-image-a-18_1465314270011.jpg

lesliejoneselle.jpg

"Sex symbols", how fukking gullible can somebody be.....

You're an A-1 sheep if all it takes is a portrayal to make you buy something as reality. Ronda got all this media and promotional push because she was legit famous after a HARD media push during the infancy of Women's MMA/her period of dominance. IRL tho she is nobody's sex symbol, not even a top 3 WMMA fighter when it comes to popularity from sex appeal. Meisha tate and Page Vanzant dwarf her in that department with a fraction of the media push she's gotten....because they're actually attractive

907790b45c08377f7fb72b405c5f4ebb.jpg

photo-100774555.jpg

Yall sadden me, how are grown men falling for these feminist marketing tactics that women themselves don't even buy:dead:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Scarlett Johansson and Brie Larson can fukking act though that's the point I'm making what has Gal Gadot done but die in Fast in the Furious :mjlol:
Pull up a clip of any scene in any Marvel movie where Scarlett Johannson had to actually show her acting ability.
These are fukking comic book movies...as long as you can read a line convincingly you are good. This isn't a Tennessee Williams play or Shakespeare we are talking about here.
Hell, all Emily Olson has done in 2 movies is look doe-eyed and wiggle her fingers like a spaz and I am perfectly fine with that.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Pull up a clip of any scene in any Marvel movie where Scarlett Johannson had to actually show her acting ability.
These are fukking comic book movies...as long as you can read a line convincingly you are good. This isn't a Tennessee Williams play or Shakespeare we are talking about here.
Hell, all Emily Olson has done in 2 movies is look doe-eyed and wiggle her fingers like a spaz and I am perfectly fine with that.
Scarjo and Olsen are supporting characters, they don't have to carry the movie. The lead actor is the foundation upon which the entire movie is built.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody can be portrayed as anything. Any woman can take model pictures. If this is all it takes to be a sex symbol, god help us all

3503F37F00000578-3629517-image-a-18_1465314270011.jpg

lesliejoneselle.jpg

"Sex symbols", how fukking gullible can somebody be.....

You're an A-1 sheep if all it takes is a portrayal to make you buy something as reality. Ronda got all this media and promotional push because she was legit famous after a HARD media push during the infancy of Women's MMA/her period of dominance. IRL tho she is nobody's sex symbol, not even a top 3 WMMA fighter when it comes to popularity from sex appeal. Meisha tate and Page Vanzant dwarf her in that department with a fraction of the media push she's gotten....because they're actually attractive

907790b45c08377f7fb72b405c5f4ebb.jpg

photo-100774555.jpg

Yall sadden me, how are grown men falling for these feminist marketing tactics that women themselves don't even buy:dead:
None of that disproves his point.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Scarjo and Olsen are supporting characters, they don't have to carry the movie. The lead actor is the foundation upon which the whole movie is built.
And I reiterate that its a comic book movie. No one needs to be Meryl Streep to star in a comic book movie. Chris Hemsworth is no great actor and he carried two films without anyone bytching about him.
Now if someone cast Gal Gadot to play Margo Channing in a remake of All About Eve I would laugh at how dreadful she was going to be but playing Wonder Woman doesn't require big league acting chops

VelourSocks

Absentee Mind But The Wisdom Reach Mine
Daps
Reppin
Yoshi City
OP got a point but at the end of the day... it's a movie about a superhero with fake powers... you suspended reality for everything else in the movie... might as well suspend it for the way her body looks too

Daps
Reppin
NYC
And I reiterate that its a comic book movie. No one needs to be Meryl Streep to star in a comic book movie. Chris Hemsworth is no great actor and he carried two films without anyone bytching about him.
Now if someone cast Gal Gadot to play Margo Channing in a remake of All About Eve I would laugh at how dreadful she was going to be but playing Wonder Woman doesn't require big league acting chops
Who's saying you need to be Meryl Streep? You need to be believable and entertaining!

You can't just be sexy.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Gal Gadot hasn't even shown she can do read a line convincingly she didn't even talk to Superman in BVS and she's about to be the lead of the movie. I just want to be able to watch the movie without immersion being broken because the main actress isn't good.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Who's saying you need to be Meryl Streep. You need to be believable and entertaining!

You can't just be sexy.
And guess what the consensus was about Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman in BvS? That she was believable and entertaining. Even from people who absolutely hated the movie.

Gal Gadot hasn't even shown she can do read a line convincingly she didn't even talk to Superman in BVS and she's about to be the lead of the movie. I just want to be able to watch the movie without immersion being broken because the main actress isn't good.
She read her lines well enough in BvS, Triple 9 and Criminal.
Even in the Fast & Furious movies her line reading were not bad; her accent was just much thicker than it is now.
And if you are so bothered by her as an actress you could just not go see the Wonder Woman movie then you will be spared the personal tragedy of having your immersion into the fantasy world of crime-fighting Amazons destroyed.

And honestly in a thread where people are talking about GIna Carano and random InstaGram fitness models being better choices for the role of Wonder Woman I am kind of dumbstruck that there is any arguing about Gadot's acting

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
And guess what the consensus was about Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman in BvS? That she was believable and entertaining. Even from people who absolutely hated the movie.

She read her lines well enough in BvS, Triple 9 and Criminal.
Even in the Fast & Furious movies her line reading were not bad; her accent was just much thicker than it is now.
And if you are so bothered by her as an actress you could just not go see the Wonder Woman movie then you will be spared the personal tragedy of having your immersion into the fantasy world of crime-fighting Amazons destroyed.

And honestly in a thread where people are talking about GIna Carano and random InstaGram fitness models being better choices for the role of Wonder Woman I am kind of dumbstruck that there is any arguing about Gadot's acting
She was only in the movie for five minutes with barely any dialogue all I'm saying is she hasn't had much and now she's being thrust into a leading role why shouldn't I be worried because she kicked ass against a CGI monster ?

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I remember you nikkas hyping this dude up to be the next batman
wmWLPlsPbMrQYxd-1600x900-noPad.jpg

I watched one of his movies and tuned off after 10 minutes :camby: because of the horrible acting, say what you want about Gal Gadot but she was one of the best thing in bvs, that war cry after doomsday back smacked her made me a believer she is wonder woman

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
what's your favorite scene with gal gadot
In BvS? Her scenes with Affleck where Diana and Bruce were having their little flirtation/suspicious dance thing were good and she was great in all of her scenes as Wonder Woman.

She was only in the movie for five minutes with barely any dialogue all I'm saying is she hasn't had much and now she's being thrust into a leading role why shouldn't I be worried because she kicked ass against a CGI monster ?
But she was good in those 5 minutes and nothing about a Wonder Woman movie is going to call for her to do anything that those 5 minutes in BvS didn't already show she was capable of.
She won't be doing 16 pages of dialog in one scene of giving big ass emotional monologues. She'll say a few lines and then beat shyt up. Rinse and repeat for 2 hours.

All this bugging out over her acting is nutty as shyt to me.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I remember you nikkas hyping this dude up to be the next batman
wmWLPlsPbMrQYxd-1600x900-noPad.jpg

I watched one of his movies and tuned off after 10 minutes :camby: because of the horrible acting, say what you want about Gal Gad but she was one of the best thing in bvs, that war cry after doomsday back smacked her made me a believer she is wonder woman
That little movement cracked me up. Its like dudes can't understand that an actor doesn't need to actually be a master of martial arts to play Batman or any other action role. Its a movie for fukk's sake. Matt Damon can't fight worth a damn yet his scenes in the Bourne movies all looked great. Same for Affleck as Batman in BvS.
Motherfukkers always wanted to cast stuntpeople in leading roles like that makes any sense.