Stick Thin Women Playing Superheroes

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
this is a quite an assumption though isn't it? ronda rousey is a hero and a sex symbol. strong feminism and the war on social norms are all the rage. a muscular chick with a beautiful face... playing WONDER WOMAN, america's ultimate female empowerment symbol... may very well be a huge draw.
ok :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NYC

this was one of the highest selling playboy mags... 16 years ago.

s-l300.jpg

i'm sure they can do better than chyna.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Added to the fact that she had 3 lines max in the movie so we don't even know if she can actually act. Having reservations about the solo movie isn't some far fetched thing. That was one of the most peculiar attacks from the DC brigade yet.

But their facial structure and language is :mjlol: let's not go down that rabbit hole :mjlol:
No lets do it. :stopitslime:

I see your DC jab. Marvel has english speaking aliens too, Shi'ar and skrulls for instance. STOP IT. :stopitslime:

As wonder woman, she is helped by MAGIC, so that also explains her abiltites. Let's hear your come back.

folasade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If their powers are supernatural or superhuman why would their body types matter? Doesn't that have more to do with the fantasies the artists have, male included? Technically Superman doesn't have to look the way he doesn't have to look the way he does, but his build is considered aesthetically pleasing.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
If their powers are supernatural or superhuman why would their body types matter? Doesn't that have more to do with the fantasies the artists have, male included? Technically Superman doesn't have to look the way he doesn't have to look the way he does, but his build is considered aesthetically pleasing.

comics were a visual medium. you look at superman and you could see he's powerful before displays a single feat. he was the image of a super man.

the image of these characters is everything. once you fukk with the image it throws it all out of wack.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd rather look at that for two hours than a toothpick.
this is a quite an assumption though isn't it? ronda rousey is a hero and a sex symbol. strong feminism and the war on social norms are all the rage. a muscular chick with a beautiful face... playing WONDER WOMAN, america's ultimate female empowerment symbol... may very well be a huge draw.
They get it.

In the era of IG fitness chicks, a woman with a more athletic or muscular build playing a superhero wouldn't be off-putting at all.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Carano is trash

Like.... say anyone else. Please. She is tired, garbage.

True,

She physically looks the role though..... But she can't act for shyt.... At all.... and they gave her a movie and I think they had to dub her lines.....

Like I understand why people bring her up. Deadpool kept her to less than 30 lines and she was pretty good at it. Imagining her as a lead though is too much

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
My main problem with Gal Gadot is she can barely act that movie is resting on her shoulders. You would think they would get someone who at least spoke English fluently :patrice:
Lmao I remember her in that fast and furious movie (in Brazil) she was bad, does she actually speak English or does she do her line phonetically?
In the depictions I've seen of Wonder Woman she's not normally huge (Alex Ross and Adam Hughes depictions excepted) in the timmverse she's actually pretty svelte, I mean compare arrow who's built to green arrow on justice league that dude is humongous
I'd say it's a petty complaint I just hope the movie is half way decent and doesn't overly focus on the love story with young Kirk