Stick Thin Women Playing Superheroes

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
krysten ritter is like 88lbs soaking wet tossing nikkas around in jessica jones.

Jessica-Jones-jessica-jones-39088834-500-260.gif

let the marfooL dikk suckers tell you this is okay tho

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
my DC jab was about the actress and the praise for her doing nothing the entire movie

The comment, directed towards you, was about comics in general. It's a stupid argument to make that they have different muscle tissue but ignore they look just like humans and speak English fluently.

Trying to explain most things logically in regards to comics is setting yourself up for an L. It's fiction.

For one so that readers can relate to them. Most readers can relate to a humanoid alien then a alien that looks like a Skrull.

Two is because comic book writers are not like JLL Tolkein and dont have the time, creativity, and luxury to create a fictional language.

Third reason and this is in-story, is that they have translation devices in their ears when they speak to humans. I mean they are advanced after all. I know the Kryptonians are the main ones who speak English, but Superman was created in the 30's and DC loves their history enough to not change it. :francis:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
krysten ritter is like 88lbs soaking wet tossing nikkas around in jessica jones.

Jessica-Jones-jessica-jones-39088834-500-260.gif
Because.........comics :francis:

Chemicals in Comics gives humans superhuman strength and flight. :mjlol:

Same reason why Rogue was flying and lifting tanks. Mutant

And im not even a Marvel stan. :francis:

Last edited:

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
On the subject of comic book women not looking realistic. I don't agree, I think the body types are realistic but you most likely won't find actresses that are built like comic book women unless they're constantly working out. Frank Cho draws some beautiful women, they have a sexiness to them but they all look strong and capable of fighting in a comic book.

Here's some of his art:
Screen-Shot-2016-07-14-at-11.58.13-AM-650x463.png

trinity-2-frank-cho-variant.jpg

Wonder-Woman-Vol-5-5-Frank-Cho-Variant.jpg
pFe7kVyU_1307160329061gpadd-231x350.jpg

Wonder Woman is drawn to be powerful with a softness to her but the softness doesn't out weight her power. She looks like someone you don't want to mess with. Her body is drawn to be sexy but also strong, like a woman who's capable of taking care of herself.

Here's some more of his stuff.
she-hulk-b-t.jpg

black-widow-s.jpg

she-hulk-s.jpg

0b3035c9-cdb6-472d-98e6-9266f04e2266.jpg

He's released books on how to draw women and has spoken about appreciation of the female form as well teaching a class on drawing women. The body of a superhero woman(or man) can be realistic and they don't have to be overly muscular either. They can still have a softness to them but retain the look of having been through battles in the past.

I don't think Wonder Woman is drawn to look unrealistic at all, she's not even overly muscular but she has a certain strength about her. She displays power and strength without having to be overly bulky.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This entire shyt is pointless :russ:

Okay first off, like many have said, they're fictional characters drawn by men to be sexualized and fantasized. That's why Liefeld kept getting work to the person who asked. And the women who look like that often have little to none acting skills or it just doesn't look right. Wonder Woman has never been jacked. For the most part, she's been a tall petite woman who's power comes from the fact she's got super freaking powers, not looking like Chyna or Gina Carano. So I don't see why that's even a talking point or an issue.

2ndly, you cast who's best for the role in the opinion of the director and the studio, and don't get on some blade trinity shyt and cast Triple H in a fairly prominent role because he's a big dude even though he can't act worth a damn. This is that same stupidity that ruins franchises and causes studios to burn through money

HumbertoWCA

Venezuela
Daps
I don`t Gal as WW and i dont think Brie is good for CM but it's no easy to find those kind of actresses and most of the time the studios just want the famous ones. I think they could cast actresses like...

Katee Sackhoff
5b7535d1bcd07699b6d1af7294925f50.jpg

Gemma Arterton
hansel-gretel-gemma-arterton-jacket-costume.jpg

2000s J-lo
img-8427311d4.jpg

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps

Okay first off, like many have said, they're fictional characters drawn by men to be sexualized and fantasized. That's why Liefeld kept getting work to the person who asked. And the women who look like that often have little to none acting skills or it just doesn't look right. Wonder Woman has never been jacked. For the most part, she's been a tall petite woman who's power comes from the fact she's got super freaking powers, not looking like Chyna or Gina Carano. So I don't see why that's even a talking point or an issue.

2ndly, you cast who's best for the role in the opinion of the director and the studio, and don't get on some blade trinity shyt and cast Triple H in a fairly prominent role because he's a big dude even though he can't act worth a damn. This is that same stupidity that ruins franchises and causes studios to burn through money

But what about Daddario? :damn:

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

I think my problem is that Wonder Woman is supposed to be an intimidating woman, who you don't cross on a bad day.

I don't get ANY of that from Gal Gadot.