Steven U intro coming for that Number 1 spot...

Boolean

APIDTA
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY ENTERTAINMENT
genuinely surprised this site fukks with this show in any capacity :skip:

its not amazing enough to tune into it but not awful enough for me to change the channel if on :ehh:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I started watching this last night,watched the first 7 episodes and it's just ok to me

I don't really see the hype :ld:

One of my coworkers tried to tell me this was better than Rick and Morty :camby:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I started watching this last night,watched the first 7 episodes and it's just ok to me

I don't really see the hype :ld:

One of my coworkers tried to tell me this was better than Rick and Morty :camby:
Its not the same kind of show as Rick and Morty at all. Its a dumb comparison.

Its a really slow and subtle show at first. It reminds me more of Avatar season 1 spread a bit more thinly. There is some real disturbing and dark shyt in Steven U - and all of the main cast is damaged as fukk. The reasons why Steven's dad never really hangs around with everyone else for example... its way too honest about how relationships work. Never seen shyt like that in a kid's show. Its one of the best written animated shows out though. What they can do in 10 minutes is amazing.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Its not the same kind of show as Rick and Morty at all. Its a dumb comparison.

Its a really slow and subtle show at first. It reminds me more of Avatar season 1 spread a bit more thinly. There is some real disturbing and dark shyt in Steven U - and all of the main cast is damaged as fukk. The reasons why Steven's dad never really hangs around with everyone else for example... its way too honest about how relationships work. Never seen shyt like that in a kid's show. Its one of the best written animated shows out though. What they can do in 10 minutes is amazing.
Never thought about it til now :patrice:Steven's dad really don't have any friends. :mjcry:That Onion Gang episode had Steven realizing that all his friends are either younger or older than he is and he has no friends his age at all :to:like father like son

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Never thought about it til now :patrice:Steven's dad really don't have any friends. :mjcry:That Onion Gang episode had Steven realizing that all his friends are either younger or older than he is and he has no friends his age at all :to:like father like son
The eps with Steven's dad and Amethyst was just so fukked up. I saw it all play out over the course of a childhood with one of my friend's families from church.

This woman was just everyone's mother. Closest thing to a saint I'd ever seen. She basically adopted this one kid, and of course the kid coming from a jacked up home clung to her with everything she had. Woman eventually falls for a guy who... I guess you have to love to love, ya know? Guy and the kid get along great, but its obvious the woman is the glue. Woman gets sick. Spends her last few days with the man as his family takes her in when she can no longer take care of herself. Woman dies. Kid loses the only person who ever showed her that kind of love. Guy is strong enough and old enough to move on, hell he's stronger for having loved her - begins to raise his family with new vigor.

The kid still forgets that she hates the man for robbing her of the last moments with her adopted mother. They wonder why they don't kick it more, then it comes back all too quick.

That's Steven's dad and Amethyst, in an episode only 10 minutes long. It was some of the best writing I've seen in kid's show ever.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
The eps with Steven's dad and Amethyst was just so fukked up. I saw it all play out over the course of a childhood with one of my friend's families from church.

This woman was just everyone's mother. Closest thing to a saint I'd ever seen. She basically adopted this one kid, and of course the kid coming from a jacked up home clung to her with everything she had. Woman eventually falls for a guy who... I guess you have to love to love, ya know? Guy and the kid get along great, but its obvious the woman is the glue. Woman gets sick. Spends her last few days with the man as his family takes her in when she can no longer take care of herself. Woman dies. Kid loses the only person who ever showed her that kind of love. Guy is strong enough and old enough to move on, hell he's stronger for having loved her - begins to raise his family with new vigor.

The kid still forgets that she hates the man for robbing her of the last moments with her adopted mother. They wonder why they don't kick it more, then it comes back all too quick.

That's Steven's dad and Amethyst, in an episode only 10 minutes long. It was some of the best writing I've seen in kid's show ever.
Amethyst reminds me of Faith from Buffy The Vampire Slayer in a lot of ways: just wants to have fun, wants to save the day but is kinda reckless with her powers, wants to be loved and validated, emotionally damaged, is severely loyal to her paternal figure that "saved" her
tumblr_n11rp1UFco1si3tc1o1_500.gif
=
tumblr_static_3y97bbo9mso48k4gwoccsw00k.gif