Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
Great movie. The kid from stranger things had the whole theater dying :russ:

Skarsgard did a great job of being unpredictable and terrifying:lupe:

Had the chubby kid simping it up in the movie
he figures out the pattern of Pennywises emergence every 27 years, uncovers the history of Derry, saves the girl and WRITES a damn poem that had her wet throughout the ending only for her to brush him aside for stuttering billy

I can't wait for the sequel

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
2 dumb questions

So does Pennywise eat the children, or eat their fears? I thought that he ate them, but their fear "salted the meat" and made them taste better. But my girlfriend was saying she thought maybe he only ate their fear, because all of those kids were floating. So maybe he just fed off their fear and left them suspended in the air, where they'd die of starvation? Is that why Georgie died anyways? Also, when he was eating Sam's face, it looked like he just had his mouth over his face but he obviously could've just bit his head off but chose not to. I didn't really get that part either. But him ONLY feeding on their fear doesn't really make sense. I definitely think he ate the kids. He bit off Georgie's arm and later on he said "I'll feast on your flesh as I feed off your fears."

Anyone up on the book can maybe explain this to me? Were there kids floating in the book as well?"

:jbhmm:

Also, Eddie's mom was trying to make him think he was sick and taking all of those pills because she knew about Pennywise and she wanted to keep him safer inside of the house, right?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
That shyt made me spit up soda
:russ:

To the fans of the book do they explain why the towns folk are just chilling there instead of packing the fukk up and leaving?? They implied the town is in on it like how in nightmare on elm street all the parents knew about freddy so they just sacrificing kids to be left alone?

I really want to read this shyt now and Barnes & noble got it on sale
Penny wise has a like spell over the town where the adults are like in denial to the horrible stuff

And that's what I'm disappointed wasn't shown in the movie. The adults somewhat let the evil happen. Kids are forgotten and evil is allowed. And it's only in Derry. I think Eddie's mom is like the only one, which is why she's so overprotective.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I thought it was great. Didn't have high expectations and I liked the old miniseries although I don't think it's aged very well outside of Tim Curry's performance.

I thought it was a great horror movie. I liked that they didn't rely on stupid jump scars, and I had to use the bathroom the whole time but felt like I'd miss something. The pace was intense and didn't let up. I like that Pennywise wasn't goofy. He's not from earth so I liked how it seemed like he was sort of trying to mimic how humans act. I wish he had more speaking time and I hope he does in the next one. The kid actors were all solid.

I had a really fun time. Solid 4 star movie. Maybe 4.5 star IMO. I enjoyed this more than any horror movie since The Conjuring. Although I'll admit I'm not a big horror head so I may have missed some good movies in between.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
From what I remember about the original, it gave the sense of the characters, Derry, and their lives within Derry, this just hit the ground running, I don't even think the kids were personified very well, performances aside. No real sense of who they were before the events, or even while they were unfolding. Movies like "Super 8", and a few others did much better with those details, that make the whole story more compelling and worth watching.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
jst came back...not bad. Been a while since I've seen the original though.

Rich and his shyt talking was definitely the VIP of the movie though.

Gotta watch the OG flick to see how different this one was. I do remember they actually touched on them being adults in the OG, and it was cool they foreshadowed it here...I was kinda expecting them to get grown like the mini series.

was bev's pops that pervy in the OG?

Never read the novel, either.

This pennywise was pretty dope overall.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
jst came back...not bad. Been a while since I've seen the original though.

Rich and his shyt talking was definitely the VIP of the movie though.

Gotta watch the OG flick to see how different this one was. I do remember they actually touched on them being adults in the OG, and it was cool they foreshadowed it here...I was kinda expecting them to get grown like the mini series.

was bev's pops that pervy in the OG?

Never read the novel, either.

This pennywise was pretty dope overall.
Pt 2 will be them as adults.

I didnt like how they minimized the black kid when he was the historian of the crew.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Too many close calls? Have you not seen the original? :pachaha:

YES...

I THOUGHT THEY WOULD SWITCH THINGS UP
AND KILL OFF A FEW MAIN CHARACTERS IN THIS.

EVERY OTHER SCENE
WAS SOME KID ALMOST GETTING GOT BY IT.

shyt BECAME :yawn: AFTER A WHILE.

OH LOOK ANOTHER "BOO" MOMENT
OH LOOK KID ESCAPES AGAIN...

RINSE AND REPEAT.

:devil:
:evil: