Stephen King's IT (Time to Float) - Official Thread

drugxglory

Street Struck
Daps
Reppin
CALiFORNiA
apparently, i can never go to the movies again unless it's at 10 in the goddamn morning bc people don't know how to fukking act in public.
Yeah i drove by both of our theaters @ night and lines around the damn building, ill see it once the crowd dies down, packed theaters there is always a few drunk a$$holes who left happy hour yelling shyt out
:comeon:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I loved the movie. It exceeded my expectations, the kids all did an excellent job and Pennywise was great as well. It was funny, sad, scary and had some great "Oh shyt" moments. Went to the 11:30am showing and it was packed. Definitely one of the best remakes that's been made.
I never go to a movie I really give a fukk about at night. To many variables could happen.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
This was all that I expected and then some, I really enjoyed it. I thought it juggled a coming of age story mixed with a horror film together quite well. The themes in it of abusive parents, loss of a sibling, the fear that comes with growing up set around the increasing presence of Pennywise hunting them I really liked, like somebody else might've said Think Stand by Me meets Nightmare on Elm St. Some stuff was on the nose
Bev buying tampons in one scene then later having pennywise soak her in blood in the bathroom like that scene in Nightmare on Elm St
tenor.gif
which also felt like a slight nod to Carrie
but I didn't really take an issue with stuff like that. If there was any one thing I can say I think it could've improved upon was just more background for most of the kids. We saw all of their fears but we didn't get to know all of them as personally (imo) as we got to know Bill, Bev, and to an extent Eddie. Mike, Richie, Stanley and Ben could've used a few more minutes of depth but I think that's sometimes a side effect of having a group of main characters. But everything else was great to me. They all had top notch chemistry, there was a nice blend of comedy and suspense, just enough gore without going too overboard. My theater was packed (finding tickets for every showtime was nearly impossible) a lot of kids too, as if this was a superhero movie lmao. I eagerly await Chapter 2.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
One flaw I think that really affected it was not blending the time periods, like 90 & book. It may have really helped with developing the other characters that were glossed over, including the actual town of Derry and it's occupants.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked it. It was definitely a lot better than I anticipated it being. Even Skaarsgard's Pennywise was good.
I did have some issues though.
Mike was made into an almost non-entity by taking away his being the one with the interest and books on Old Derry and giving that to Ben.
Taking Ben's building and construction stuff and handing that off to Bill was odd too.
Also didn't like that they took away the slingshot+silver from the story removed Beverly's agency a bit. They basically made Beverly become Bill's wife Audra by having her be abducted by Pennywise at the end of the movie which made zero sense to me.
And killing Henry Bowers removes a large part of the second half of the story from the canvas.

Eh, this is the movies, we don't know for sure if they killed off Bowers or not. They could easily show him locked up in the second half saying 30 years ago he was found gravely injured and people would buy it. I figured they did that to Bowers to satisfy the audience because people would have probably been disappointed by anything less.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
It still does surprise me that people still expect to be scared by fictionalized beasts that they damn well know don't actually or can exist. :russ:

The only character that has scared me as a grown adult is probably Chris Partlow from The Wire.

the most recent time I've been scared by an on screen character was the lil nikka in "We need to talk About Kevin" :picard:

my mans was evil in its purest form :gucci: