Stephen King's IT (Time to Float) - Official Thread

folasade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I rarely watch horror movies(it ain't my genre) but DAMN that was a horror movie on all accounts. I never seen the original one at all my pops(who's scared of clowns) was giving me the backstory on alot of the characters which I found to be pretty dope! Some chick legit power walked out the theater during the garage scene:wow:. That basement seen was super sadistic but yeah I would definitely check it out again. I got to ask though what made the original one so great in many people's eyes
Tim Curry. Dude gave off serial killer vibes.

folasade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My thoughts:

The movie overall was a success and an improvement from the first half of the original. However, it had its flaws. Muschietti relied on CGI way too much. Pennywise was at his best when he was allowed to talk. The whole CGI stuff we saw in the trailers (think Pennywise charging at Bill down in the basement) ran counter to what's in the book (and in the first adaptation) where Pennywise was more apt to stalk his prey. That's why the Georgie scene in both films (and book) work so well.

Wasn't a fan at all of the whole Dreamcatcher-style/lamprey monster-teeth thing they had going with Pennywise.

97557bdc777155e870f9ba9ff9d24ec8--dreamcatcher-horror-movies.jpg

I know this shyt is pure fiction, but it was too fake, and took away from the shock of them showing him kill Georgie on screen.

Another gripe is it didn't really focus on the fact that Pennywise attacks based on what your greatest fears are. His scare tactics seemed more general in nature. It turns Pennywise into a more generic monster rather than the GOAT that he is. This also makes the movie feel somewhat rushed (Bowers is in there trying to carve up Ben with no explanation whatsoever). Like someone else mentioned, you don't see the progression from bully to psycho with him...he's just a nutcase from the jump. As for Pennywise, you're left sitting there wondering why he isn't just dropping these kids the way he's dropping others so easily.

This film suffered by losing Fukunaga. His original script (it's out there on the interwebs if you haven't read it) had me like :gladbron: Muschetti followed some aspects of it, but not enough of it.

That's the bad...now the good.

Casting was well done. This Beverly was much better than the OG Beverly. Mike, Ben and Richie are also improvements over their earlier counterparts. I think Stan, Eddie and Bill were played better by the OGs, but not by much. This cast of kids all played off each other very well. Dropping mama jokes, sexual innuendo, casual F-bombs. And we all have a better appreciation of Hamburger Helper after this film.

Skarsgard was great as Pennywise. He could go toe-to-toe with Curry. I hope he gets more real dialogue in the second film. His best work was the simple cameos you'd see of him in the background like
Waving the body part at Mike :sadcam:
, or when he's addressing a kid directly
Talking to Eddie behind the tower of balllons
. Basically, he needs to focus more on being creepy rather than full on jump-scary in the second flick.

Overall, this movie was never going to FULLY live up to the hype of 9 years of false-starts, but this was a great start to showcasing the full wrath of Pennywise and the type of fukkery he can unleash. I don't think we'll be able to truly judge this adaptation until we see Chapter 2. I think the studio will pony up more cash/resources as well given the resounding box office success this flick will have.

Rating: :pennywise::pennywise::pennywise::pennywise::scustpennywise: (4/5 happy Pennywises)
In regards to one of your spoilers, isn't It one of those creatures in relation to that thing in Dreamcatcher? I know it's from the same universe as the creatures from The Mist.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I fukking love this movie and the negative reviews pissing me off because they just seem like in depth bull shyt of sounding like they were ready to complain.

Seen a nikka complaining about audio. nikkas in here complaining about the setting being uninspired and blah blah blah

nikkas just giving daps meanwhile I'm like what does any of this nonsense jibber jabber even mean.

I'm like Richie killed it man. nikkas in here like "well blah blah uninspired boring dull decent characters"

I'm like fukk outta here

Real nikkas enjoyed it

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Richie had me dying, especially the when he asked how come he hasn't seen it, must be targeting virgins:deadmanny:

That shyt made me spit up soda
:russ:

To the fans of the book do they explain why the towns folk are just chilling there instead of packing the fukk up and leaving?? They implied the town is in on it like how in nightmare on elm street all the parents knew about freddy so they just sacrificing kids to be left alone?

I really want to read this shyt now and Barnes & noble got it on sale

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
Should I take a 10 year old to see this ?

:lupe:

i don't really understand all these mufukkas taking little ass kids to see this. this is not a kid's movie and has violence against children in it. like, kids should be watching Frozen or some gayass shyt like that. really question the parenting of some of these folks. the people right next to me had some dumbass little kid in there.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
That shyt made me spit up soda
:russ:

To the fans of the book do they explain why the towns folk are just chilling there instead of packing the fukk up and leaving?? They implied the town is in on it like how in nightmare on elm street all the parents knew about freddy so they just sacrificing kids to be left alone?

I really want to read this shyt now and Barnes & noble got it on sale

no it just says they can't see the shyt the clown is doing but they should know something is going on in that mufukka with all the disappearances. i mean, a little fat kid with literal breasts figured out the clown's pattern but grown-ass people couldn't.

edit: and before one of you dweebs replies to me talking bout spoilers, that is not a spoiler. fukk ya'll fakkits