Stephen A Smith gives WNBA Caitlin Clarke haters an unfortunate reality check

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

Convo starts at 1:40
Stephen A Smith starts at 7:00

Chiney and Andraya

- "The duty of Team USA is to put the best basketball players in the world. The primary factor in not putting Caitlin Clarke in the Olympics is experience"
- "Why would you want her there if what is going to dominate the conversation is why isn't Caitlin playing, and it would overshadow the event"

Stephen A Smith

- "It's not that you're wrong, it's that we don't care. Everything ya'll just said does not matter"
- "The Women's national team won 7 straight Gold medals. Like oh my god, are we really worried they are not going to get an 8th?"
- "Look at the 1992 Dream team. Christian Leatner was chosen ahead of Shaq and Alonzo Mourning. Do you know why?? Because he was a 2 time College player of the year, and he was WHITE. He had an extremely popular fanbase that he brought to the table. And Team USA didn't even need him"
- "WNBA needs the publicity. WNBA currently has a max salary of $250k a year. Then comes Caitlin Clarke comes along, attendance at the Indiana Fever went from 4,000 in attendance to 17,000. This girl is box office"
- "Team USA had an opportunity to globalize the WNBA brand, and fumbled the ball. It comprises your ultimate goal, which is to elevate the WNBA !!!"

WNBA players need to understand the bigger picture, that it is the entertainment business first, and it will always be first

They literally had to move a WNBA game into a bigger NBA arena to accommodate the larger Caitlin Clarke fanbase :whoo:. Crazy

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are we still talking about this? She's not going to Paris, move around

The USA Basketball Women's National Team Committee selects the players, not the WNBA

Caitlin and the W are fine with each other
Clicks lol

Edit:Actually OP always late with stuff. Video a month old :dead:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin

Convo starts at 1:40
Stephen A Smith starts at 7:00

Chiney and Andraya

- "The duty of Team USA is to put the best basketball players in the world. The primary factor in not putting Caitlin Clarke in the Olympics is experience"
- "Why would you want her there if what is going to dominate the conversation is why isn't Caitlin playing, and it would overshadow the event"

Stephen A Smith

- "It's not that you're wrong, it's that we don't care. Everything ya'll just said does not matter"
- "The Women's national team won 7 straight Gold medals. Like oh my god, are we really worried they are not going to get an 8th?"
- "Look at the 1992 Dream team. Christian Leatner was chosen ahead of Shaq and Alonzo Mourning. Do you know why?? Because he was a 2 time College player of the year, and he was WHITE. He had an extremely popular fanbase that he brought to the table. And Team USA didn't even need him"
- "WNBA needs the publicity. WNBA currently has a max salary of $250k a year. Then comes Caitlin Clarke comes along, attendance at the Indiana Fever went from 4,000 in attendance to 17,000. This girl is box office"
- "Team USA had an opportunity to globalize the WNBA brand, and fumbled the ball. It comprises your ultimate goal, which is to elevate the WNBA !!!"

WNBA players need to understand the bigger picture, that it is the entertainment business first, and it will always be first

They literally had to move a WNBA game into a bigger NBA arena to accommodate the larger Caitlin Clarke fanbase :whoo:. Crazy

Nah if anything it indicates that value clout more than money....bc CClark will make everybody money...

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea you haven’t been watching :russ:
tell me

all i see is the same turnovers and bad +/- stats for your girl

did angel reese stop getting double doubles every game?

and you're damn right i haven't been watching i got a wife... and she prefers reality tv and true crime documentaries to the WNBA :pachaha:

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
she not even rookie of the year

if we're being honest

:sas2:

giphy.gif

I hate when her cult stresses how they want to grow the game etc. It's all bs, can't grow the game if they're watching ONE player