Stephen A. Smith ETHERS LeBron James for Making Excuses About Losing To the Mavericks in 2011

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The only thing Lebron said that you can insinuate he was talking about the roster is saying the next year the team was assembled properly.

Listen to the actual full conversation

6:50

He literally says “in order for us to reach our potential I had to be ten times better and CB had to go to the 5”

Not once does he say actually anything about the roster or having another roster. :skip:

By the fukking way WHO THE fukk DID THEY ADD TO THE ROSTER IN 2012 THAT THEY DIDNT HAVE IN 2011?

Shane Battier? :laff:

This is how I know y’all full of shyt and Lebron is purely talking about scheme. They literally brought back the same team.

:skip: Lebron never said this lol.

You tried it

"Everyone says Superteam, superteam this, super team that.... BUT WE HAD TO BUILD OUR ROSTER ON ALL MINIMUM GUYS... Which was OK... BUT WE DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH... AS FAR AS ENOUGH COMPLIMENTARY GUYS TO MAKE IT ALL WORK!!!"

"BUT MY SECOND YEAR, WE WERE ABLE TO GRAB SOME COMPLIMENTARY PLAYERS WHO WERE SUPERSTARS IN THEIR ROLES"

In fact, the first time he takes blame he says "I played like shyt.... Spo...." And then goes into the Chip Kelly story then says "I had to play 10 times better"

Shut the hell up.. Mans clearly threw the roster as the first and most important reason... and him playing like shyt was a quick blurb.. and then onto yea I had to play better AND CB had to move..

So according to Lebron, they lost because he played like shyt, the roster didn't have enough/good enough players, Spo needed to learn from Chip Kelly, he needed to play better, and CB needed to move to the 5..

What we keep telling you idiots is "All they needed was Bron to play better." PERIOD.. He plays better and the other 4 things he tried to use as reasons, wouldn't even matter. Y'all get it now?

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
You tried it

"Everyone says Superteam, superteam this, super team that.... BUT WE HAD TO BUILD OUR ROSTER ON ALL MINIMUM GUYS... Which was OK... BUT WE DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH... AS FAR AS ENOUGH COMPLIMENTARY GUYS TO MAKE IT ALL WORK!!!"

"BUT MY SECOND YEAR, WE WERE ABLE TO GRAB SOME COMPLIMENTARY PLAYERS WHO WERE SUPERSTARS IN THEIR ROLES"

Shut the hell up
Sassy A lied.

It's pretty cut and dry.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
You tried it

In fact, the first time he takes blame he says "I played like shyt.... Spo...." And then goes into the Chip Kelly story then says "I had to play 10 times better"

Shut the hell up.. Mans clearly threw the roster as the first and most important reason... and him playing like shyt was a quick blurb.. and then onto yea I had to play better AND CB had to move..

So according to Lebron, they lost because he played like shyt, the roster didn't have enough/good enough players, Spo needed to learn from Chip Kelly, he needed to play better, and CB needed to move to the 5..

What we keep telling you idiots is "All they needed was Bron to play better." PERIOD.. He plays better and the other 4 things he tried to use as reasons, wouldn't even matter. Y'all get it now?
but the bron stans have learning disabilities so they still wont understand :francis:

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
but the bron stans have learning disabilities so they still wont understand :francis:
He never said good enough players. He’s lying and you’re co-signing his lie. He said complimentary. Aka players that fit together. Aka players that could spread the floor. y’all are flat out lying it has nothing to do with misunderstanding

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
My favorite part is Stephen A going through the roster trying to formulate his argument and you can see him realize in real time how ass it was. The ghost of Eddie House “he could shoot” :russ:

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Quick blurb :laff: y’all lying ass busters man.

Which is all true. Except the roster part as the only player the Heat added of substance for the 2012 run was Shane Battier.

“I had to be 10 times better” he literally says that and goes into detail about adjustments made on the technical side of things to improve the Heat for the run next year.

You Skip Bayless raised mf are something else :skip:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps

Which is all true. Except the roster part as the only player the Heat added of substance for the 2012 run was Shane Battier.

“I had to be 10 times better” he literally says that and goes into detail about adjustments made on the technical side of things to improve the Heat for the run next year.

LeBron blew it. Why are u so mad?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin

He never said good enough players. He’s lying and you’re co-signing his lie. He said complimentary. Aka players that fit together. Aka players that could spread the floor. y’all are flat out lying it has nothing to do with misunderstanding
THAT WASN'T THE PROBLEM!!

LeBron blew it. Why are u so mad?
They really are retarded.... No matter how many times you say there was only one problem... Lebron... They still say "no no no.. he admitted he was wrong, he just listed 4 other problems too" Ok but the ONLY problem was actually lebron and the other shyt don't matter "ok well he said he needed to play 10 times better.... he just added 4 other things as well" Ok but the ONLY problem was lebron... "that's a lie!!!"

They, nor Lebron, will ever take 100% blame of the loss.. They'll take 85%... They'll tell it's 25%... But in reality, the world is saying no no, it's 200% his fault.. And they can't accept it

I understand now

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
THAT WASN'T THE PROBLEM!!

They really are retarded.... No matter how many times you say there was only one problem... Lebron... They still say "no no no.. he admitted he was wrong, he just listed 4 other problems too" Ok but the ONLY problem was actually lebron and the other shyt don't matter "ok well he said he needed to play 10 times better.... he just added 4 other things as well" Ok but the ONLY problem was lebron... "that's a lie!!!"

They, nor Lebron, will ever take 100% blame of the loss.. They'll take 85%... They'll tell it's 25%... But in reality, the world is saying no no, it's 200% his fault.. And they can't accept it

I understand now
No matter how many times we tell you that lebron is on a podcast and the premise of the podcast is to in fact explain the situation further you just keep saying lebron played bad. Which lebron said. But hey the world still turns

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
No matter how many times we tell you that lebron is on a podcast and the premise of the podcast is to in fact explain the situation further you just keep saying lebron played bad. Which lebron said. But hey the world still turns
Yes... because the explanation should end right there... Understand now? Nobody trying to hear the other 4 reasons cause they are null and void if Lebron is avg at best

"Hey I broke the window by throwing the ball..."

"Hey I broke the window by throwing the ball, but it's also your fault for not being home and Billy's fault cause he didn't catch it and Mike's fault for telling me to throw it in the first place"

Nobody trying to hear all that shyt... Take FULL responsibility... Didn't your father teach you that?

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yes... because the explanation should end right there... Understand now? Nobody trying to hear the other 4 reasons cause they are null and void if Lebron is avg at best
That’s surface level Skip Bayless “clutch gene” :skip:analysis and that’s not what the podcast is about. You keep asking people to understand when your low IQ babbling is pretty clear. :yeshrug: That’s what you and other First Take raised MF want. This podcast is for people who want more.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
That’s surface level Skip Bayless “clutch gene” :skip:analysis and that’s not what the podcast is about. You keep asking people to understand when your low IQ babbling is pretty clear. :yeshrug: That’s what you and other First Take raised MF want. This podcast is for people who want more.
More excuses and bullshyt.... Thanks for clarifying for the rest of us

Neither one of you go against what I said though... If Bron played like himself and didn't choke, do they still lose with everything else being the same?

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
More excuses and bullshyt.... Thanks for clarifying for the rest of us

Neither one of you go against what I said though... If Bron played like himself and didn't choke, do they still lose with everything else being the same?
At that point in his career he was a slasher and a poor jump shooter. The mavs exploited his weakness. They crowded the paint and took away lanes (taking away his slashing that he was great at) and left him open for jumpers (which he was ass at). As long as the mavs play the same defense nothing changes for lebron. The only way that series changes for lebron is if the heat can somehow get the mavs to play every1 honestly and spread the court. I wonder how the heat could do that. Maybe just maybe they could do it if they turn bosh into a shooter or picked up somebody like battier that has a consistent 3. Sound like something you’ve heard before? Yeah it does because I’ve been saying it for 3 days now :heh:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
At that point in his career he was a slasher and a poor jump shooter. The mavs exploited his weakness. They crowded the paint and took away lanes (taking away his slashing that he was great at) and left him open for jumpers (which he was ass at). As long as the mavs play the same defense nothing changes for lebron. The only way that series changes for lebron is if the heat can somehow get the mavs to play every1 honestly and spread the court. I wonder how the heat could do that. Maybe just maybe they could do it if they turn bosh into a shooter or picked up somebody like battier that has a consistent 3. Sound like something you’ve heard before? Yeah it does because I’ve been saying it for 3 days now :heh:
So yea... He could do what he wanted all playoffs... Do what he wanted the first 3 games... Do what he wanted the first 3 quarters of the last 3 games... But only in the 4th quarter did they finally decide to employ this secret move that he couldn't possibly defeat for 3 games straight

I'll accept as an answer.. I thought he was better than that but I guess not.