Steph Curry With 6 & 7 Turnovers In B2B Elimination Games

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
as a long time Curry fan, I unfortunately agree. His 1v1 has always been less than desired compared to other great players.
Ok but what does his 1v1 game have to do with these circumstances? He was in very few if any 1v1 situations, he was getting trapped to the extent he couldn't get a shot off. 1v1 skills are irrelevant when you're being guarded like that

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Ok but what does his 1v1 game have to do with these circumstances? He was in very few if any 1v1 situations, he was getting trapped to the extent he couldn't get a shot off. 1v1 skills are irrelevant when you're being guarded like that
ANOTHER CASUAL POST.

HE INVITED THE DBL TEAMS
WITH THE SCREEN.

HE COULD HAVE ISO'D
WITHOUT THE SCREEN
AND TOOK BROOKS
1V1 ALL NIGHT
BUT HES TOO p*ssy FOR THAT.

ALWAYS WANNA USE HELP
AND MISMATCHES TO GET
HIS SHOT OFF.
:devil:
:evil:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Steph was easier to contain than kd. You can't stop kd from getting a shot off, you can with steph...
No he isn’t. In this scenario you throw some traps and double teams at KD and have Dillon attack his base and hips and dig in on him with roaming help defenders and what you’re getting is a volume scoring performance with a bunch of TO’s from Durant.

Memphis is better than GS. It’s an ensemble squad of youth and vets that is scrappy as fukk they have depth. They survived Steph’s hot steaks and impossible shots. Kerr was also out-coached. Steph and Poole should have got more on-ball usage, Paschall should have played over Looney, and they should have stopped leaving Morant open after his second three.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Also AI took a VASTLY subpar team to the finals and competed. And instead of being celebrated AI was criticized for his # of shot attempts/labeled a chucker, even though he was the only viable scoring option on his team, his goalpost didnt have any wheels on it unfortunately :unimpressed:
Wtf AI do all them other years?

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Memphis is better than GS. It’s an ensemble squad of youth and vets that is scrappy as fukk they have depth.
:scust:THIS IS WHY I CANT TAKE
YOU nikkaS SERIOUS.

:dead:YOU VOTED GS WOULD
WIN THE GAME.
NOW MEMPHIS IS BETTER
THAN GS BECAUSE THIS L
HURTS YOUR ANTI KD AGENDA.

NO MORE TO SEE HERE.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
:scust:THIS IS WHY I CANT TAKE
YOU nikkaS SERIOUS.

:dead:YOU VOTED GS WOULD
WIN THE GAME.
NOW MEMPHIS IS BETTER
THAN GS BECAUSE THIS L
HURTS YOUR ANTI KD AGENDA.

NO MORE TO SEE HERE.
I did? I don’t remember voting. If I did it’s because I thought Steph would go nuclear and carry them.

Peep the game thread I was saying don’t sleep on the Grizz or act like they all Ja. They have a tough squad.

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I did? I don’t remember voting. If I did it’s because I thought Steph would go nuclear and carry them.

Peep the game thread I was saying don’t sleep on the Grizz or act like they all Ja. They have a tough squad.
:laff: :laff: :laff:

nikka THOUGHT THOSE
RESULTS WERE PRIVATE.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
He got Draymond aka the best defensive player of all freakin time

No excuses
yeah and iverson had a ton of defensive help on that philly team but y'all dont give steph that same rope :unimpressed:
and Timmy Duncan is the GOAT defensive player

Once again, false equivalence. Skip Bayless talk :coffee:

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
Steph really struggles when a double is approaching. He turns it over a lot when he gets trapped and struggles to beat it before it can get there. Warriors need a good extra ball handler so Steph can run off-ball actions and attack off-the-catch in these situations so he can't be doubled. Having Klay there would help a lot as well, much harder to survive doubling Steph when he's lurking

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
I don't get all the excuses some are making for Steph in here. Of course he scored 39 because he's the greatest shooter ever. But his and GSW's turnovers were careless, lazy passes or just wilting under tenacious D and making a bad pass that was stolen.

Y'all talking about Steph's supporting cast or injuries but other players over the last decade haven't gotten those kinda passes or outs that ya'll are trying to give Steph. He was outdueled in basically a Game 7 by a 2nd year player in Ja Morant who is explosive, quick and fearless but Steph as I've mentioned is the greatest shooter ever, a multiple time MVP and a multiple time Champion.

No one with a resume like that should get a pass losing in a 1 game scenario to an inexperienced potential superstar (Morant) in your own building at that. I was hoping Memphis would KO GSW and keep them out the playoffs but I didn't think it would actually happen :banderas:.

How you gonna be the MVP or a finalist for MVP when 1 you don't make the playoffs and B you get a dagger in your eye from 34ft in play-in game 1 by King James then in play-in game 2 Ja Morant takes over the game in OT in your building?

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
He does hunt for the switch no doubt. Most PGs do. I equate pgs using screen like Big posting up. It's natural and apart of the game but....

When you in a game such as this, you have to get buckets and refuse screens to iso or split traps i.e. Dwade and MJ to impose your will.

It's the last knock I have on Steph's game. The thing is I've seen him do it before plenty in the Mark Jackson era. He rarely does it without a switch now with Kerr's philosophy though.
In the end it's about results get the job done or have guys like CHICAGO clown you for your short comings :yeshrug:

Thank you.

It's the main criticism I have of Curry at this point.

In some of these 4th quarters he seems to content just taking the double teams.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Steph was easier to contain than kd. You can't stop kd from getting a shot off, you can with steph...
That doesn't make any sense. If KD is the superior offensive option because Steph is easier to contain, then trapping Steph so KD gets even more shot attempts would be the stupidest shyt you could do.