Steph Curry ain’t tryna live next to you ni99as! Says No to new development in his backyard

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So in that case, they obviously ain’t building projects and they’ll be luxury multi million dollar units to fit the neighborhood.

What’s Steph issue? NO ONE can build or live in their little enclave even if they have money too? :what:
multiple "nobody ass millionaires" bordering his property :yeshrug: he only wants one neighbor behind him, someone who can afford a $20-50M home, not someone who only got into atherton by buying a $3M condo in a 12-20 unit building

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Be a contrarian brehs… Those rich folk was established in that area long before they came talking about building multi family units there.. it’s plenty of places in the state more affordable to live and develop those properties.. Why do it in an area where the ultra rich live? Whose property tax is already through the roof? You think they don’t have a say?
Ain't nothing contrarian about it

He's a piece of shyt

The end

We're talking about right vs wrong

Talking about "safety" with other multimillionaires

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Y'all gotta stop and think for a second. You pay millions to get away from people. Would you not stand up against more development? How is steph in the wrong?

That's just more people, more traffic congestion, more torn up roads, etc.

You shouldn't be able to pay millions just to get away from people and impose your will on the community. You don't own the entire town, if you want more privacy then buy more land.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
People gave a pass to Chappelle because it was 'affordable housing" but actually wasn't affordable housing. was just a scheme for people to make money off building property near his estate. this could be the same but i can't help but look at these social activists funny when they act like typical rich folks in these scenario's. housing inequality is one of the primary causes for the wealth gap, and going all nimby means you are supporting the 1%
Facts and it’s exactly a scheme to use Steph name to advertise these “multi million dollar units” because all millionaires can afford to live in Cali so they will ask what’s so special about this place? And that’s where Steph name is brought up.. I’m glad he bushed that shyt because it’s literally billionaires/venture capitalists and the tech bro big money dudes living there and no one knows who the fukk they are… Steph most likely the money famous person that lives there and yes he has the bread to match the area

Mashal88

All Star
Daps
This is rich people problems. It's a waste of energy to cape for stupid shyt like this. Like others have said, only millionaires or high 6 figure people on the cusp can move into those properties. The cost per acre is $8 million dollars. The people that are okay with selling their properties and building these townhouses are "pure" capitalists just like everyone else that lives there.

One of the guys(David Arata) who owns a property there, inherited it from his 103 year old mother. He already knew what he wanted to do with the property before then I'm sure.:mjlol:

They just want to make money using some guidelines by the state. This doesn't benefit poor or middle class people. Most of these incentives are some bullshyt.

As someone from NY this shyt is absolutely hilarious. Instead of building real affordable housing for poor and lower middle class people, they build luxury apartments in poor neighborhoods and dedicate only 20% to people who actually need it.

I guarantee if the government somehow made a provision where actual poor-middle class people were able to live in Atherton, the majority of people in this suburb would riot.

Link:
Facing mounting pressure, Atherton adds multifamily housing back into its housing plans

King Poetic

Take it in Blood
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
I see no issue at all

I’ve seen communities across this country from visiting families from Ohio, Illinois, DMV , NY which was once nice areas but then section 8 /affordable housing came in and boom , the area crime increased, home value decreased, more and more ignorance in the areas

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
This is rich people problems. It's a waste of energy to cape for stupid shyt like this. Like others have said, only millionaires or high 6 figure people on the cusp can move into those properties. The cost per acre is $8 million dollars. The people that are okay with selling their properties and building these townhouses are "pure" capitalists just like everyone else that lives there.

One of the guys(David Arata) who owns a property there, inherited it from his 103 year old mother. He already knew what he wanted to do with the property before then I'm sure.:mjlol:

They just want to make money using some guidelines by the state. This doesn't benefit poor or middle class people. Most of these incentives are some bullshyt.

As someone from NY this shyt is absolutely hilarious. Instead of building real affordable housing for poor and lower middle class people, they build luxury apartments in poor neighborhoods and dedicate only 20% to people who actually need it.

I guarantee if the government somehow made a provision where actual poor-middle class people were able to live in Atherton, the majority of people in this suburb would riot.

Link:
Facing mounting pressure, Atherton adds multifamily housing back into its housing plans
I mean this is bad, because if they feel this way about less than them millionares, that let's us know how they feel about everyone else

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
If you pay taxes he should. Steph done probably did more good than all of us combined.

The potential homeowners also pay taxes and also have a say, how philanthropic you are is irrelevant to who has a right to live where they want to live. Sure it's a dispute between millionaires, but it's about the principle, Steph isn't special.