Station 11 Post Apocalyptic/Deadly Flu show (hbo max)

Daps
Was she really back at Frank's spot at the end?

They said it was present day with the title screen at the end tho

My guess is when she was poisoned n hallucinating she was back at the apartment where dude was a skeleton

She was definitely hallucinating, you could see the poison had spread to her chest. The whole episode was a hallucination. She just weaved in her memory of what happened at Frank’s.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
She was definitely hallucinating, you could see the poison had spread to her chest. The whole episode was a hallucination. She just weaved in her memory of what happened at Frank’s.
Yea, but the end of the episode threw me off.

I doubted that she would make her way back across Lake Michigan for closure with Frank, but the present day call out made me go

:jbhmm:

Could potentially be symbolic of her also being dead and currently with Frank as well, I can't call it

:hubie:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My guess is when she was poisoned n hallucinating she was back at the apartment where dude was a skeleton
it interestingly said present instead of 20 years later or whatever the other timeline has been, so i think this might be some shyt that takes place after whatever happens at the museum of civilization

:jbhmm:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I fukks with this show. I agree with those who enjoyed the first episode the most. I don’t mind the time jumps; they’re pretty easy to follow. Still so much to show on how they made it to year 20 and the impending clash.

Of course the only Black male is a fakkit and the only Black female with any real screentime is a wench :mjlol: :francis:

Yeah, I skipped that wench episode :mjlol:,,,

Damn the other Blacked was fukked off :mjpls:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Definitely, you can see at the start that she's with the bandana's she fought at the end of E6 and that's where everything takes place. She's subconsciously holding off on taking the antidote so she can stay emerged in that hallucination and get some closure.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Episode 1 hooked me solely on the Jeevan, Frank and little girl dynamic in an interesting world.
The next couple episodes kinda lost me cause of 3 things:
1) Quirky theatre kids aren't my thing. These characters didn't interest me like Jeevan
2) "Random" symbology in these kinda shows always set off red flags for me. Ever since Lost, Heroes, etc. I automatically get annoyed when characters keep saying seemingly random deep quotes like "I remember damage" or reveal hidden mysterious "logos". It always ends up being a big pile of nothing.
3) I was fearful that some of the explanation of weird things that happened was going to be handwaved away in the last few episodes with some magic that we never knew the rules for up front.

However, episodes 5, 6 and 7 fully pulled me back in. It tied up many open questions and really made me think about what kind of symbols, myths and stories people would rebuild after such a traumatic event. And how happenstance could turn a well crafted comic into a religion.

Last edited:

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Yeah the carnival bunch gets boring at times

i never read the book…but i hope sthe show does to a “the road” or walking dead human villains(when the show was actually good)

InterestedNow

Rookie
Daps
I'm going to check this show out. Since the year is just starting, I don't want to get sucked into any shows, regardless of how good they may end up being, but I'll try to discipline myself and only watch one episode every few days (it's not impossible).