Station 11 Post Apocalyptic/Deadly Flu show (hbo max)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jeevan walked her home one last time :mjcry:

with these types of shows (post-apocalyptic/ELE survivors) we usually see folks having to deal with the worst of humanity and what it brings out of ppl in those dire situations…I think this is the first such show I’ve seen that mostly dealt with the good in ppl/best they have to offer

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Episode 1 hooked me solely on the Jeevan, Frank and little girl dynamic in an interesting world.
The next couple episodes kinda lost me cause of 3 things:
1) Quirky theatre kids aren't my thing. These characters didn't interest me like Jeevan
2) "Random" symbology in these kinda shows always set off red flags for me. Ever since Lost, Heroes, etc. I automatically get annoyed when characters keep saying seemingly random deep quotes like "I remember damage" or reveal hidden mysterious "logos". It always ends up being a big pile of nothing.
3) I was fearful that some of the explanation of weird things that happened was going to be handwaved away in the last few episodes with some magic that we never knew the rules for up front.

However, episodes 5, 6 and 7 fully pulled me back in. It tied up many open questions and really made me think about what kind of symbols, myths and stories people would rebuild after such a traumatic event. And how happenstance could turn a well crafted comic into a religion.

ep 2 would’ve lost me if ep 1 wasn’t so damn good…ep 3 was great as well…I think it was one of the most important episodes in the series…at that point I was committed to watching the rest of it…ep 4 was ok…ep 5 was when I reached “can’t stop watching” this mode

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so far I really dislike everything about grown up shorty and her traveling “circus”…the actress playing the adult version of shorty just looks like an absolute tiresome bytch in real life

I hated the Traveling Symphony at first. I wanted to get back to the main storyline or get more flashbacks on the plague (it's wild how the author wrote a story about the Georgian Flu destroying the world and five years later, Covid puts us on ice for two years). But after a while, I got it. It's the author's way of showing that despite the world being ravaged, society will always find a way to rebuild. Along with Clark's Museum of Civilization and people like Jeevan finding their calling to help others (for him, as a Doctor).

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hated the Traveling Symphony at first. I wanted to get back to the main storyline or get more flashbacks on the plague (it's wild how the author wrote a story about the Georgian Flu destroying the world and five years later, Covid puts us on ice for two years). But after a while, I got it. It's the author's way of showing that despite the world being ravaged, society will always find a way to rebuild. Along with Clark's Museum of Civilization and people like Jeevan finding their calling to help others (for him, as a Doctor).

ya during the 2nd ep I figured the show wanted to go in a more positive direction showing the “best” of us even tho I was still trying to get a better grasp of the story (ep 3 helped a great deal with that)…it wasn’t that I didn’t get it…I just straight up did not like those ppl…even how many of them looked just irked the shyt out of me lmao…I think I would legit snub most of them even in a real life post-apocalyptic situation :russ:

I don’t wanna spoil anything but I just started the 2nd ep and the premise seems to have gotten real weird real fast…I guess I need to keep watching…it’s still too early but I think I sense what direction this show wants to go and will put a different spin on survivor/apocalypse shows

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ya during the 2nd ep I figured the show wanted to go in a more positive direction showing the “best” of us even tho I was still trying to get a better grasp of the story (ep 3 helped a great deal with that)…I just straight up did not like those ppl…even how many of them looked just irked the shyt out of me lmao…I think I would legit snub most of them even in a real life post-apocalyptic situation :russ:

i think so too. Clark, who always felt insecure being a nobody compared to Arthur, creates a museum and one of the largest survivor communities. Jeevan, an unmotivated guy with no direction, who has no medical training, figures out how to be a "Doctor" (or at least all you could hope for in this world). And lastly, considering that everyone is out there killing each other like its nothing, the Traveling Symphony provides some level of joy for the people. It was annoying though as as a watcher because I hate singing on shows/movies. But I got why she included it. Personally, I would've been helping Clark if I was in this world. On a sidenote, I also thought it was dope how Arthur Leander essentially had two kids in Tyler and Kirsten and that while Miranda never published her story, her graphic novel became almost like a myth after society broke down as Tyler was using it run his "organization". If they wanted to, they could've stretched this story out for 3 seasons and they could've made Tyler alot more villainous and evil as he was in the books.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Just finished watching. Just a thought, if the virus had a 1 in 1000 survival rate, after it did its initial run through wouldn't it have died off pretty quickly? It pretty much had no hosts to jump to after everyone died. Meanwhile Clark has people still quarantining 20 years later lol

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I'm on episode 4

Hold up the Indian dude and the little girl are smashing after 20 years later :why:

I see they are sleeping in the same bed.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Again I'm on episode 4, is that the same Indian dude from episode 1?

If so they were laying in the bed together half naked so I thought some thing was implied.