Station 11 Post Apocalyptic/Deadly Flu show (hbo max)

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
This was actually fire. Felt like Leftovers crossed up with Dark. If you don’t fukk with character type stories like Leftovers, this most likely isn’t for you.

The acting and writing for each character is really great. Outside of Alex, each character storyline felt like it could hold its own weight. Even when I initially felt like this was about to be ass and forced (Sarah, The Traveling Symphony in general)…it ended up pulling it off.

No matter how fukked up or treacherous the act is, white writers will find a way to redeem a white male character. :mjlol:

Man’s been kidnapping kids, we talking 5-10 year olds for over a decade…..and had em be suicide bombers and killers. And by the end they try to paint him as sympathetic and Kirsten just forgives all. :camby:

Jeevan and especially Frank bodied this show. Elite job by the actors and writers. Great job of using Kirsten and then the play to explain their relationship, use that as vessel to bond.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
This was actually fire. Felt like Leftovers crossed up with Dark. If you don’t fukk with character type stories like Leftovers, this most likely isn’t for you.

The acting and writing for each character is really great. Outside of Alex, each character storyline felt like it could hold its own weight. Even when I initially felt like this was about to be ass and forced (Sarah, The Traveling Symphony in general)…it ended up pulling it off.

No matter how fukked up or treacherous the act is, white writers will find a way to redeem a white male character. :mjlol:

Man’s been kidnapping kids, we talking 5-10 year olds for over a decade…..and had em be suicide bombers and killers. And by the end they try to paint him as sympathetic and Kirsten just forgives all. :camby:

Jeevan and especially Frank bodied this show. Elite job by the actors and writers. Great job of using Kirsten and then the play to explain their relationship, use that as vessel to bond.
He was worse in the book I heard
Had child brides

Interesting that they removed that to tell their own story

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lemme know if it's good, I'm almost at the end of Sopranos and will need another show.

I don’t wanna spoil anything but I just started the 2nd ep and the premise seems to have gotten real weird real fast…I guess I need to keep watching…it’s still too early but I think I sense what direction this show wants to go and will put a different spin on survivor/apocalypse shows

Last edited:

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Lemme know if it's good, I'm almost at the end of Sopranos and will need another show.
Station Eleven, and epix FROM were my sleepers last year (FROM is better/more consistent watch than S11 but production is better on S11). Station Eleven definitely has high highs, but there are some very low lows. I hated episode 3 if I recall to. I think the show is worth a watch, but can’t lie some episodes are play in the background and half pay attention status.

Looking at pics and reading descriptions of the episodes (to refresh my memory) I think episodes 1, episode 5, and episode 9 were the best episodes by far. Episodes 7 was good to. I can’t remember if it was episode 4 or 6 that shyt got real but whichever one it was it was a great episode as well. The theories that people were coming up with made the show better when watching it in realtime.

EDIT: I’m not a winter person but visually they got Winter right in this show. It looks beautiful during Winter. Show aired during Winter to so it was fitting.

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this gonna be a slower burn than I anticipated…took me a while to make it thru ep 2…the ending was intriguing tho…curious to see where all this is going

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hated episode 3 if I recall to.

just finished this ep…I liked it a lot…the storytelling is all over the place so I’m still tryna figure out where this story is going but I have a feeling this will probably be one of the most important eps of the series

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
so far I really dislike everything about grown up shorty and her traveling “circus”…the actress playing the adult version of shorty just looks like an absolute tiresome bytch in real life

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
oh wow…I’m thinking the dude she stabbed up is arthur leander’s son…he had the other copy

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
I do like the non-linear approach to telling the story
Yup, definitely not linear. The show slowly unfolds and things start to become more clearer as it progresses.
so far I really dislike everything about grown up shorty and her traveling “circus”…the actress playing the adult version of shorty just looks like an absolute tiresome bytch in real life

Oh yeah the traveling symphony :mjlol:I didn't hate it but who thinks of shyt like that? It's like the most random idea ever (inside and outside the show). The name itself sounds funny to me.

oh wow…I’m thinking the dude she stabbed up is arthur leander’s son…he had the other copy
i can neither confirm nor deny that :sas2:

just finished this ep…I liked it a lot…the storytelling is all over the place so I’m still tryna figure out where this story is going but I have a feeling this will probably be one of the most important eps of the series

I feel like if anybody likes episode 3. They'll like the show as a whole for the most part. I don't even remember why episode 3 wasn't it to me. I probably was half paying attention or something.