13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Maggot was one of my favorite xmen characters

I could only imagine the conversation about introducing Maggot at Marvel:

Writer: Got a new mutant..

Editor: Ok, let's hear it

Writer: HE HAS TWO METAL SLUGS IN HIS fukkING STOMACH THEY COME OUT OF HIS BODY AND EAT shyt, THEN THEY GO BACK INTO HIS BODY AND HE fukkING TURNS BLUE AND GETS ALL STRONG AND shyt. and.....and...you ready? HIS NAME IS fukkING MAGGOT. AND HE'S A BLACK.

Editor::comeon:

Writer::lolbron:

Editor: I like it. Let's do it:smugfavre:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I am pissed that they don't focus on storm. and they white wash her to much...

blame those post Claremont writers on why storm is not written or portrayed well.
storm = best tactical commander in xmen history
only offensive x group, till components of radical rob liefield new mutants turned xforce unfinished storylines became the full scope of all of the mutant titles.
when, it should have never been the driving force direction of all the marvel x titles, ever.

Art Barr

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree Claremont knew how to write storm well, infact he defined her if you ask me. Much like Morrison kinda defined Phoenix (imo)

Storm is master thief, tactical commander, hand to hand beast and has so much potential with her powers that they pretty much sit on her making ice and wind.

Its super annoying

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Man of Steel was originally meant to be a one-off, and should've stayed that way

T'Challa and Storm's marriage being annulled was some marvel fakkit shyt

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Modok=GOAT Villain design

Can someone give me a quick bio on him?I don't know much accept that he looks dope.

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Spawn was a great comic book character
But the movie with I think Michael Jai white didn't do him justice.

For some reason growing up, I was a big marvel fan. And I always wanted Kang the Conqueror to make it. But he didn't.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

yeah, cause whether they like it or not, Storm really is THE most recognizable female comic book character outside of Wonder Woman and Supergirl.

And honestly
  • the general public knows Wonder Woman's name is Diana, her powers and lasso, she's an Amazon, is on the JLA (true iconic character
  • the general public knows Supergirl is Supergirl because it's Supergirl, but honestly could only tell you a generic background on the character. "she's Superman's cousin from Krypton"
  • the general public knows knows as much about (if not more) Storm as they do about Wonder Woman

which makes her more Iconic than Supergirl outside of Supergirl being a female Superman.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
If casual and non-comic book readers had even an inkling of a clue as to how great a publisher Image comics is right now with their non-superheroey stuff? Marvel and DC would have a serious, serious problem.

Image and Valiant>>>>>>Marvel and DC.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

As much improvement as there's been in the last couple years with black characters, so far most of that seems centered on the black males, with the black females kinda in the rear view imo

Like I will always salute bendis for what he did to the Luke Cage character. And for what he has now been doing for Miles Morales..but i barely if at all can recall either character ever interacting with a black woman in his stories. he's having miles hitting puberty and turning him into a low key mack with every broad from teenage jean grey, to gwen stacey to random female villains copping feels on him, to his hydra-associated ex-girlfriend.. but of course all these girls are vanilla.. and shyt not even miles's mom is black. Luke Cage of course got married to that white girl he sodomized from Bendis's original Alias series (a series and character that i enjoyed reading way back when btw).

so not that i expect anything of him but Its just a little odd that he got 3 daughters, with 1 being an adopted black girl and the other an adopted ethiopian girl... but he barely if ever has included their representation in his work.. yet he'll boost a black male to borderline A-list and have him run through all the white girls in his books lol. i dunno

Amanda waller will no doubt get a big push as DC's 'nick fury' once suicide squad hits theaters tho...

Storm.. smh.. damn near ruined

T'Challa's sister might be dead

Spectrum/Photon is so ideal its not even funny.. but other than mighty avengers, she's been pretty ignored.

Misty Knight i'm sure will make an appearance at some point if/when Iron Fist appears in shows/movies

Hickman made this cosmic level heroine a black woman in his Avengers book but i dont think she's the type that you can do anything with outside of major events.. perhaps im wrong there.

And DC does have a couple earth 2 females who may be black.. one is like an aquaman alternative, and the other a powergirl sidekick or something.

So they are out there as well, just a little more scattered or on the shelf... and not really associated with any black males,, but we'll see how things go once at least waller and t'challa's love interest appear on the big screen.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I'm loving Magneto going back to a boss again.

Can't wait till his powers get fixed back to normal.

I should have already got his powers back, they showed it was Dark Beast who fukkked with their powers. Why he isn't god tier is ridicolous.

Marvel and DC continuity pisses me off to no end. :birdman:

92Inc

Fear me
Daps
Reppin
oklahoma city
If casual and non-comic book readers had even an inkling of a clue as to how great a publisher Image comics is right now with their non-superheroey stuff? Marvel and DC would have a serious, serious problem.

Image and Valiant>>>>>>Marvel and DC.
Recommended some titles please

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Storm is much bigger than Supergirl..especially in the last 20 years. It's not even really close. For some reason, Storm got depushed as they got rid of her after Jean Grey died and pushed Emma as the top female x character for YEARS...it took Bendis joining the franchise for her push to finally stop. And now Storm is everywhere again.