Startin to question God ngl

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
It all depends upon how you view God.

If you view God as a man, woman, or being in the sky, hell yeah you can lose faith. Because if that scenario is the case...God is playing a game with us.

The most powerful being doesn't have to teach us any lessons, punish us for eating a fruit, not want us to do this, or want us to do that, etc. Wouldn't regret creating us, wouldn't have one of his creations running around bringing havoc.

I found peace when I finally understood God. The problem is people shape God to fit their desires and biases. Most people turn God to a separate entity. Most people are Thor...they think the power comes from the hammer. They think God is in the sky and in the bible, and not in them.

They separate God from his creation.

They see it as God created a movie or game and he's sitting there with his feet kicked up watching it. And judging it.
this is the one part that you should reconsider because of Numbers

Balaam is regarded as the greatest prophet to the Gentiles in the Old Testament and his name means "Swallower of the People"

These two passages will lend clarity to understanding that which may not ever be fully understood beacause of what we are

Genesis 1:31

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Genesis 2:1-3

1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

the trap is confusing the baalim and the groves (fruit and vines) for the LORD God. In the english translations it does not fully convey what the terms really implicate

So from my perspective it is as David said "Ye are Elohim (creators) but you shall die like mere men" where as The LORD God is "The Name" Elohim. Meaning the name of God is a creator separate from us. :whoa:

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It doesn’t make sense to me that if something good happens it’s not really because of your efforts or actions. You’re just supposed to praise God for making it happen. And when bad things happen, it’s just part of his mysterious plan.

What’s the point in doing anything or wanting anything if everything has already been decided by him? And why are horrible things part of his plan?

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
this is the one part that you should reconsider because of Numbers

Balaam is regarded as the greatest prophet to the Gentiles in the Old Testament and his name means "Swallower of the People"

These two passages will lend clarity to understanding that which may not ever be fully understood beacause of what we are

Genesis 1:31

Genesis 2:1-3

the trap is confusing the baalim and the groves (fruit and vines) for the LORD God. In the english translations it does not fully convey what the terms really implicate

So from my perspective it is as David said "Ye are Elohim (creators) but you shall die like mere men" where as The LORD God is "The Name" Elohim. Meaning the name of God is a creator separate from us. :whoa:
No, people interpret it to be. But God IS NOT separate from us. How else does God know and see everything? He is everything. He's that rich guy in the mansion, and he's that homeless junky in the alley. He's the lion stalking himself who's also the zebra. He's going to kill and eat himself.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems like the root of your question lies in trying to make sense of the Human Condition and you finding the religion or faith that you believe in lacking in its explanation.

Instead of trying to brow beat you into believing what I believe in, I'd suggest studying religions and philosophies that you aren't as familiar with to see if any of them make more sense to you.

When I debated this topic incessantly in my late teens and early 20s, the most useful thing I learned from those exchanges is how deeply personal this topic is to the individual. That being said, this is something that you'll have to reach your own conclusion on.

Last edited:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
No, people interpret it to be. But God IS NOT separate from us. How else does God know and see everything? He is everything. He's that rich guy in the mansion, and he's that homeless junky in the alley. He's the lion stalking himself who's also the zebra. He's going to kill and eat himself.
so are you saying hes grass? and tree bearing fruit? are you grass :wtf: ?

see i said it above: baalim and the vines

Judges 3:5-7

5 And the children of Israel dwelt among the Canaanites, Hittites, and Amorites, and Perizzites, and Hivites, and Jebusites:

6 And they took their daughters to be their wives, and gave their daughters to their sons, and served their gods.

7 And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the Lord, and forgat the Lord their God, and served Baalim and the groves.

Genesis 1:29
29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

:ohhh::gucci:@Marks

Arnold

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It doesn’t make sense to me that if something good happens it’s not really because of your efforts or actions. You’re just supposed to praise God for making it happen. And when bad things happen, it’s just part of his mysterious plan.

What’s the point in doing anything or wanting anything if everything has already been decided by him? And why are horrible things part of his plan?
Everything good comes from the Lord because He is good. He doesn’t have the ability to be evil (just as I don’t have the ability to be a professional basketball player). Goodness is His innate nature. When bad things happen, if we were to blame God then we are also blaming Him for giving us the free will to do what we want to do. What’s the alternative to free will?

• Dap

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Everything good comes from the Lord because He is good. He doesn’t have the ability to be evil (just as I don’t have the ability to be a professional basketball player). Goodness is His innate nature. When bad things happen, if we were to blame God then we are also blaming Him for giving us the free will to do what we want to do. What’s the alternative to free will?
If you believe in God then you can’t believe in free will. He’s supposed to know everything and everything that happens is part of his plan. If it’s all been planned out in advance then we aren’t actually able to make any choices

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Been in the church since a jit

Though it was by force, when I became an adult I definitely think I found my own relationship wit him

In good moments I thank the lord, in bad moments I defer to the lord

But idk bruh I done seen bad things happen to a lot of good people and it be feelin like we credit God when something good happens but if something bad happens it’s a sin to question him

This faith shyt be having me at gun point, they tell u that if u deny God he will deny u in the kingdom

Just wanna get opinions see what y’all think
Fair question. Questioning God is one of many man made norms. IMO I think this is where many churches mess up. As you stated, give Him praise then things go right and say nothing when things go bad. He left this world up to man, we do good things and we also do bad things that have consequences even to good people. I know I'm know I'm not answering your question but know everything cannot be answered in life no matter how we try regardless if a person is a believer or not.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Would you want Him to intervene and stop you from having sex outside of marriage? Or do you want Him to intervene only where you want Him to intervene?
...if I needed to give up premarital sex to also allow him to show up when a world-spanning atrocity was happening IN HIS NAME... for literally hundreds of years... I'd give up running through hos, bruh. Wouldn't question it.

How was this some gotcha attempt? What a terrible question. Yes. I'd give up free-dikking random women my whole life if it meant transatlantic slavery was removed from human history, you nincompoop :stopitslime:

Arnold

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
...if I needed to give up premarital sex to also allow him to show up when a world-spanning atrocity was happening IN HIS NAME... for literally hundreds of years... I'd give up running through hos, bruh. Wouldn't question it.

How was this some gotcha attempt? What a terrible question. Yes. I'd give up free-dikking random women my whole life if it meant transatlantic slavery was removed from human history, you nincompoop :stopitslime:
Oh okay.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
full
Saved :dead:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
If you believe in God then you can’t believe in free will. He’s supposed to know everything and everything that happens is part of his plan. If it’s all been planned out in advance then we aren’t actually able to make any choices
youre interpreting it wrong

rather, all possibilities were known when God made the heavens and the earth

life as you know it could be us living out the possibilities, which based on what he said: are endless.

Born Rich

triple entendre, don't ask me how...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
W$GT$
But I’m sayin tho, i respect it, but idk blind faith in sumn sound ji crazy, we wouldn’t put blind faith in anything

Genuine question, what u think got u out the situation, hard work on your end or God?

TMH never told us to have blind faith, breh, that's some goofy shyt we perpetuated on our own...

Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."...The Greek translation of evidence, elegchos/elenchos, literally translates to "a proof, that by which a thing is proved or tested"...this is the only verse in the Bible where the word evidence is used in this context...

TMH has provided evidence for His existence...its on us to accept if the evidence is sufficient or not...

Reread the thread cuz that’s not what was said

Anytime someone question God y’all question they character

you concerned about how TMH views you or you concerned about how man views you?...

Job questioned TMH and he was still favored and blessed...
Moses questioned TMH and he was still favored and blessed...
King David questioned TMH and he was still favored and blessed...

questioning TMH and doubting He is who He says He is are two different things, breh...you need to figure out if you're questioning or doubting...

• Dap