Startin to question God ngl

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
most of those passages are from the old testament, and are still applicable but the narrator simply does not understand what hes even reading.

but RE: the new testament what do you mean "allegorical version" :jbhmm:
I'm speaking about Western Christianity mostly. Our most popular interpretations of the Bible take it as allegory or focus on the moral/lessons its preaches as opposed to strict interpretations. Some denominations don't even hold the Old Test to the same reverence as the New Test, for antisemitic reasons or simply because Jesus established a new Covenant.

The countless people who wrote and translated the Bible would've seen our interpretations as blasphemy.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I'm speaking about Western Christianity mostly. Our most popular interpretations of the Bible take it as allegory or focus on the moral/lessons its preaches as opposed to strict interpretations. Some denominations don't even hold the Old Test to the same reverence as the New Test, for antisemitic reasons or simply because Jesus established a new Covenant.

The countless people who wrote and translated the Bible would've seen our interpretations as blasphemy.
and they would be blasphemers

IE see this passage and meditate on it, this is the great sickness of the land of Canaan (and why Jacob said his sons made it inhospitable)
Shechem asked his father to obtain Dinah for him, to be his wife. Hamor came to Jacob and asked for Dinah for his son: "Make marriages with us; give your daughters to us, and take our daughters for yourselves. You shall dwell with us; and the land shall be open to you." Shechem offered Jacob and his sons any bride-price they named. But "the sons of Jacob answered Shechem and his father Hamor deceitfully, because he had defiled their sister Dinah"; they said they would accept the offer if the men of the city agreed to be circumcised.

So the men of Shechem were deceived, and were circumcised; and "on the third day, when they were sore, two of the sons of Jacob and Leah, Simeon and Levi, Dinah's brothers, took their swords and came upon the city unawares, and killed all the males. They slew Hamor and his son Shechem with the sword, and took Dinah out of Shechem's house, and went away." And the sons of Jacob plundered whatever was in the city and in the field, "all their wealth, all their little ones and their wives, all that was in the houses".

"Then Jacob said to Simeon and Levi, 'You have brought trouble on me by making me odious to the inhabitants of the land, the Canaanites and the Perizzites; my numbers are few, and if they gather themselves against me and attack me, I shall be destroyed, both I and my household.' But they said, 'Should he treat our sister as a harlot?'"

and realize: Dinah means "Judgment" so the allegory is that the canaanites judge the "daughter of Jacob" and suffer a horrible penalty for it.

Most christian writers do not understand that the early christians were being influenced by many things in Hasmonean (Greek) Judea. These are not limited too Zoroastrianism, Manichaeism, and many others that ultimately do not have the same legs the Torah was built with. See above where I mentioned Judges 3 and Baalim and the Groves.

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
youre interpreting it wrong

rather, all possibilities were known when God made the heavens and the earth

life as you know it could be us living out the possibilities, which based on what he said: are endless.
Idk, that sounds off. Why do people always talk about him being in control of everything if he’s just “aware of the possibilities”? He’s meant to be all powerful and all knowing

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Idk, that sounds off. Why do people always talk about him being in control of everything if he’s just “aware of the possibilities”? He’s meant to be all powerful and all knowing
Why dont you read the scriptures, specifically the 5 books of Moses

IE you say "all powerful" like "God Almighty"...but I've shown in other threads the correct interpretation of the name El Shaddai is actually God of the Breasts

Genesis 45-22-26
22 Joseph is a fruitful bough, even a fruitful bough by a well; whose branches run over the wall:

23 The archers have sorely grieved him, and shot at him, and hated him:

24 But his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob; (from thence is the shepherd, the stone of Israel:smile:

25 Even by the God of thy father, who shall help thee; and by the Almighty, who shall bless thee with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lieth under, blessings of the breasts, and of the womb:

26 The blessings of thy father have prevailed above the blessings of my progenitors unto the utmost bound of the everlasting hills: they shall be on the head of Joseph, and on the crown of the head of him that was separate from his brethren.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
TMH never told us to have blind faith, breh, that's some goofy shyt we perpetuated on our own...

Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."...The Greek translation of evidence, elegchos/elenchos, literally translates to "a proof, that by which a thing is proved or tested"...this is the only verse in the Bible where the word evidence is used in this context...

TMH has provided evidence for His existence...its on us to accept if the evidence is sufficient or not...

you concerned about how TMH views you or you concerned about how man views you?...

Job questioned TMH and he was still favored and blessed...
Moses questioned TMH and he was still favored and blessed...
King David questioned TMH and he was still favored and blessed...

questioning TMH and doubting He is who He says He is are two different things, breh...you need to figure out if you're questioning or doubting...
I’m doubting, cuz I don’t believe nun this shyt

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I already said the kjv is for people that speak english. And the scribes he chose to translation the bible wasn't white.
The earliest version of the new testament is in Greek.
If the scribes were chosen by God then why is there historical inaccuracies, contradictions, and books that were removed?

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
The earliest version of the new testament is in Greek.
If the scribes were chosen by God then why is there historical inaccuracies, contradictions, and books that were removed?
thats because you are wrong here. And it was the Old Testament

According to tradition, Ptolemy II Philadelphus (the Greek Pharaoh of Egypt) sent seventy-two Hebrew translators—six from each of the Twelve Tribes of Israel—from Jerusalem to Alexandria to translate the Tanakh from Biblical Hebrew into Koine Greek, for inclusion in his library.[20] This narrative is found in the possibly pseudepigraphic Letter of Aristeas to his brother Philocrates,[21] and is repeated by Philo of Alexandria, Josephus (in Antiquities of the Jews),[22] and by later sources (including Augustine of Hippo).[23] It is also found in the Tractate Megillah of the Babylonian Talmud:

King Ptolemy once gathered 72 Elders. He placed them in 72 chambers, each of them in a separate one, without revealing to them why they were summoned. He entered each one's room and said: "Write for me the Torah of Moshe, your teacher". God put it in the heart of each one to translate identically as all the others did.[6]

you cant say "a book was removed" when it was never a fully compiled group to begin with. Each Book was its own unique book outside of the 5 books of Moses which were delivered at Mt Sinai

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TMH never told us to have blind faith, breh, that's some goofy shyt we perpetuated on our own...

Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."...The Greek translation of evidence, elegchos/elenchos, literally translates to "a proof, that by which a thing is proved or tested"...this is the only verse in the Bible where the word evidence is used in this context...

TMH has provided evidence for His existence...its on us to accept if the evidence is sufficient or not...

you concerned about how TMH views you or you concerned about how man views you?...

Job questioned TMH and he was still favored and blessed...
Moses questioned TMH and he was still favored and blessed...
King David questioned TMH and he was still favored and blessed...

questioning TMH and doubting He is who He says He is are two different things, breh...you need to figure out if you're questioning or doubting...

Read the book of Job, especially when God is giving that :ufdup:
Speaking of Job

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats because you are wrong here. And it was the Old Testament

you cant say "a book was removed" when it was never a fully compiled group to begin with. Each Book was its own unique book outside of the 5 books of Moses which were delivered at Mt Sinai
The earliest New Testament manuscript is in Greek, if I'm not mistaken.

I guess I should've put, if the scribes were divinely chosen then why were some books not added to the canonical Bible

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
The earliest New Testament manuscript is in Greek, if I'm not mistaken.

I guess I should've put, if the scribes were divinely chosen then why were some books not added to the canonical Bible
because your statement is false

only one scribe was divinely chosen and thats Moses

the "canonical bible" was not a thing in ancient times. They were scrolls (see Sepher Torah)

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because your statement is false

only one scribe was divinely chosen and thats Moses

the "canonical bible" was not a thing in ancient times. They were scrolls (see Sepher Torah)
None of them were divinely chosen. The poster I quoted believed so.

And to the second part, I'm referring to the completed work, old and new testament

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
None of them were divinely chosen. The poster I quoted believed so.

And to the second part, I'm referring to the completed work, old and new testament
the Torah given to Moses at Mt Sinai IS the completed work