Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

rabbid

Superstar
Daps

Gonna be alot of dikk eating and ball gobbling. Thats why i cant watch shows like that. Bet they wont ask him about the 30fps or why they thought digital sangwhiches were more important than unlocked framerates. Or at least ask about the story smh.

"Omg mr Howard, what you guys have created here means more to me than you'll ever know, my late grandfather grew up with Fallout and died never having seen space" type shyt

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Gonna be alot of dikk eating and ball gobbling. Thats why i cant watch shows like that. Bet they wont ask him about the 30fps or why they thought digital sangwhiches were more important than unlocked framerates. Or at least ask about the story smh.

"Omg mr Howard, what you guys have created here means more to me than you'll ever know, my late grandfather grew up with Fallout and died never having seen space" type shyt

Naw they will definitely have a canned question and answer for the 30fps thing

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Some Starfield info dump I got from Reddit based on their kinda funny xcast interview

• 10% of planets have any life on them.
  • Some planets have one biome, some have a LOT of biomes per planet.
  • Need to prepare suits for weather rolling in, things change.
  • Fully surveying planets and systems gives a lot of money.
  • Creatures can fight each other, you will see it - one of the development problems has been aggressive high level creatures killing off all other creatures on a planet.
  • No mounts. You explore on foot. You cannot ride creatures. You explore ‘around’ your ship.
  • There is a trait and skills for playing solo, so you can play without companions.
  • You can assign companions to ships you’re not using (or dismiss them). It sounds like your fleet can have other companions flying them.
  • There are multiple robot companions. You could technically entirely crew your ship with just robots. Todd doesn’t want to oversell it, though.
  • There is radio, but it’s local to one location.
  • If you steal a ship, they’re all upgradable.
  • You have to register a ship after stealing it.
  • All the ships in the game are built using the built in ship editor - anything you see, you can build too.
  • Ship building is a late game activity. Needs skills and costs a LOT of credits.
  • Very happy with Creation Engine 2. Have really pushed the tech. Things not shown include volumetric fog which interacts with GI lighting, and physics and gravity changes under the hood which they lean in on.
  • Todd thinks Digital Foundry did an incredible job on the 30fps Starfield coverage. Their vision is 30fps for the game on console, they are focused on making it feel great.
  • “Starfield is a modders paradise”. Mods are supported, and we plan to participating in modding community.
  • Outposts is a deep system. Requires resources, character skills, you can connect outposts between planets with your ships and crews. Not meant as an early player system.
  • Outposts can be an economy generator.
  • Bethesda love the game, they’re humbled by the excitement, the excitement is fuel over the last two months until release.
  • Pass on answering if there’s black holes in the game.
  • Vasco cannot wear a hat yet (hi modders).

video below

BBG

Superstar
Daps
what did u decide on that prebuilt?
I decided that I can't justify making that leap yet; still too expensive. I've made bad decisions financially the past few years that set me back much harder than I cared to admit. It wasnt that long ago I was out here buying sports cars, OLEDs and motorcycles. Now I'm skinnyfat Larry with a baby to look after. :flabbynsick:Life comes at you fast.

I checked Swappa, I could get about $200 for my one X, $200 for my 256gb quest 2, and $350 for my series x. That's $750, which is less than half of what it would take for a 4K/60 device. And if I'm paying all that I want it to run what my monitor can handle, 4K @ 144hz.

Here at Broke Boy Gaming we teach discipline. I cannot justify the cost differential of what the Series X provides in comparison to what a high end PC does. Now I COULD go get it no problem, my credit A1 and God bless I make okay money on some humble shyt. It's just that I've always TRIED to be very mindful with my money, and I feel like unless you really don't feel losing 3k at any given moment you probably shouldn't be throwing it away on gaming devices that expensive when there's a slightly inferior option for a small fraction of the price.

I could be doing anything in the world right now, but instead I'm typing up walls of feelings on an Internet forum lmao but at least you know I'm sincere wit this shyt

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I decided that I can't justify making that leap yet; still too expensive.
full