Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ain't nobody angry its just a talking people yall dudes spit out on this forum like all games don't do the same shyt. The game is a year away what difference does it make if there is gameplay or not? When Sony did it for Horizon or Last of Us 2 etc... its no big deal y'all dikkeat.
Why do you assume everyone is attacking Xbox? Gtfoh I’m not one these console cheerleaders save that for the children on here:camby:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Ain't nobody angry its just a talking people yall dudes spit out on this forum like all games don't do the same shyt. The game is a year away what difference does it make if there is gameplay or not? When Sony did it for Horizon or Last of Us 2 etc... its no big deal y'all dikkeat.

Not angry?:usure: That's what your mouths says. This sentence certainly doesn't read like it was typed by someone in a clear state of mind. A jumbled mess really.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
If they don't even have a generic, staged five minute sequence of gameplay to show right now, I have a hard time believing this is releasing next holiday season. Especially since Bethesda games are buggy messes out of the gate anyway.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
just seen an ad on my xbox saying starfield is coming to game pass :leon:

was gonna buy it regardless but had no idea it was gonna be a day one game

*edit*

didn’t watch the trailer til the very end when I saw it…that’s why I missed it…cool news

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
just seen an ad on my xbox saying starfield is coming to game pass :leon:

was gonna buy it regardless but had no idea it was gonna be a day one game

All Xbox first party stuff is on gamepass.
Outer Worlds 2 gonna be day one as well that’s 2 gems off top for the SciFi RPG heads :wow:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All Xbox first party stuff is on gamepass.
Outer Worlds 2 gonna be day one as well that’s 2 gems off top for the SciFi RPG heads :wow:

I need to revisit the first one…and I also need to extend my game pass shyt…stretch it out til 2023

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2021/06/13/starfield-bethesda/

"It's like 'Skyrim' in space."

That’s how Bethesda Game Studios Executive Producer Todd Howard described the upcoming game “Starfield” in an exclusive video interview with The Washington Post. “Starfield,” in development since 2017, represents the first new IP in 25 years for Bethesda, the video game studio behind the critically acclaimed action role-playing series “The Elder Scrolls” and “Fallout.” The new space-based role-playing game will be released Nov. 11 of 2022 for PC and Xbox Series X and S.

Because of major technological leaps since “Skyrim,” the last Elder Scrolls installment from 2011, Howard said “Starfield” will be much more robust than that title, which won numerous game of the year awards. The first video footage of “Starfield,” which kicked off the Microsoft/Bethesda joint presentation during the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) Sunday, shows a fraction of the breadth of this brand new universe. How big could it get? Bethesda Managing Director Ashley Cheng compares the game to “Star Wars.”

“For me, ‘Starfield’ is the Han Solo simulator. Get in a ship, explore the galaxy, do fun stuff,” said Cheng, who’s been with the company for 21 years.

Like so many Bethesda trailers, there are hints at the studio’s inspirations throughout the game’s reveal video. The beat-up starship, Frontier, and the many control buttons within emit a “Fallout” vibe. Howard said the choppy black and white beginning is an homage to NASA’s first moon landing on July 20, 1969, incidentally the same day Howard’s brother was born.

Keen interest in NASA was always part of Howard’s life, a fascination that inspired him and his family to visit Cape Canaveral during the height of the space program. “Then growing up in the ’70s with ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Star Trek,’ ‘Battlestar Galactica’... I took a great interest in it for a long time,” Howard said.

According to Howard, in “Starfield” players will join an organization dubbed Constellation, the last group of space explorers. At the outset, players will choose their character’s background, with many options for customization that will impact how some things in the game unfold.

Istvan Pely, the game’s lead artist, dubbed the look of the game “NASA punk,” Howard said.

“[Pely] knows what all the buttons do on the ships. Even though it’s science fiction, your mind can sort of draw the line all the way back [to NASA]," Howard elaborated. "It all should feel lived in, even for a ship.” The environment in the ship isn’t fancy, as demonstrated by the curiously packaged Chunks, a kind of MRE, displayed in one of the trailer scenes. Howard said its contents were a “mix of processed space food,” probably primarily potato.

In addition to being the next major RPG for Bethesda, the game figures to be one of the first major must-play games for Xbox since Microsoft acquired Bethesda’s parent company, ZeniMax Media, for $7.5 billion earlier this year. In a wide-ranging, hour-long interview, Howard and Cheng spoke about the merger, how Bethesda’s employees operated through the pandemic, the difficult-to-process death of ZeniMax founder Robert A. Altman, and whether the release date may still move for the company’s first new game over a decade.

Crafting a futuristic fantasy
During the interview, Howard sat at home in front of cherry wood bookshelves bearing a figurine of “Fallout’s” iconic Pip-Boy and an Indiana Jones idol and ark. (Bethesda and Lucasfilm announced they were working a new Indiana Jones game in January.) In his answers, Howard was thoughtful, descriptive and at times, effusive. But with the space exploration RPG still 18 months away, Howard didn’t want to reveal all of the particulars. When asked about a plant growing in the background of a spaceship shown in the trailer, he demurred. “Obviously, today I don’t want to spoil too many things.”

The massive amount of “things” that are included in the game are stored in an internal Wiki at Bethesda, a library of all things “Starfield” to which many of the employees who work on the project have access. These include histories, backstories, starship architecture, pretty much anything a fan (or an employee) would geek out about.

The initial idea for “Starfield” may well have begun when Howard was a teen trying to make games on his Apple II computer. He got as far as creating characters and a title screen for his own interplanetary game when the computer ran out of memory.

Bethesda has created space-oriented fiction at various times during its existence, Howard recalled. “Believe it or not, Bethesda long ago had the rights to ‘Traveler,’ when I first started in [19]94. They quickly went away,” he said. “There’s a game we put out called ‘Delta V’ that was part of this ‘Traveler’ game. It ended up not really going anywhere. There was going to be a space game called ‘The 10th Planet’ in 1997. We actually had the ‘Star Trek’ rights at one point and made some games [in the 2000s]. I pitched a ‘Star Trek’ RPG at the time, which obviously we didn’t do.”

Howard remembered when “Morrowind" was popular and Bethesda was looking at next big things, he really wanted to do "post-apocalyptic, and that’s when we were able to acquire ‘Fallout’ [from Interplay].” A purely science-fiction game like “Starfield” took longer to come about, Howard said, because of the technical resources it demanded.

“We’ve known for a while that if and when we do something else, it would be science fiction,” Howard said.

“Starfield” effectively germinated a few years before the name was trademarked in September 2013. “There were no other names [we considered],” Howard said. "It had to be ‘Starfield.'”

Cheng said the studio now has a renewed vitality due to “Starfield.” “I love ‘Fallout,’” he said. “But after seven years of ‘Fallout,’ it’s a little nice to slip away to be working on something so new and fresh.”

As the just-premiered trailer states, the game covers “the beginning of humanity’s final journey.”

“We struggled at first at finding ‘Starfield’s’ identity," Howard said. "We knew the style of game we wanted. But there’s so much science fiction, we didn’t have this existing franchise feel. We had to create that from scratch. What do the spaceships look like? What’s the tech level? What do people believe? What year is it really set in?”

A detailed timeline was created that included the history of “what happens every decade” and it was decided that the game would take place “300-ish years in the future," Howard said. "And now man is living amongst the stars: what does that mean?”

To help in the journey, there are a variety of robots. While there is nothing like Star Wars’s C3PO, Howard said there is one named Vasco (a nod to explorer Vasco da Gama) who is admonished (via a crew member’s wall scrawl) in the trailer because the robot forgot to procure a beverage called Tranquilitea. That name is yet another nod to NASA: Tranquility Base was the moon site on which the Apollo 11 astronauts first landed and walked.

A second “Starfield” video, narrated by Howard and premiered on The Washington Post, titled “Into the Starfield: The Journey Begins,” features Bethesda’s employees toiling away on the new title. While the production promotes the familiar idea of teams happily consumed in their novel work, it’s also a showcase for creativity and artistry. In one scene, Mike Butkus, the well-known graphic artist who did posters for films “Ready Player One” and “Django Unchained,” carefully airbrushes a character sketch by hand.

“It speaks to some romanticism about how [‘Starfield’] feels,” Howard said.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Ah, so Skryim in space eh.

tenor.gif

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I might have to cop an xbox but damned if I buy gamepass...:beli: just waiting to see what happens to elder scrolls...

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Idk how you can even be excited for a game with no gameplay no information and damn near two years away

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang