Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
The gaming community: You can't be excited for Starfield because Bethesda is bad and this game will be average at BEST , Stop placing unrealistic expectations on this game!!!

Also the gaming community: If Starfield is not a 11/10 it will be a major disappointment

giphy.gif
didnt Philthy Phil basically say that last part himself? because redfall is ass and published by bethesda, he's trying to preemptively damage control for when Starfield releases as a medicore game in a garbage state.

i don't remember anybody saying you couldn't be excited because of Bethesda, it's more you cant trust bethesda because of their track record and this is a new IP.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
didnt Philthy Phil basically say that last part himself? because redfall is ass and published by bethesda, he's trying to preemptively damage control for when Starfield releases as a medicore game in a garbage state.

i don't remember anybody saying you couldn't be excited because of Bethesda, it's more you cant trust bethesda because of their track record and this is a new IP.

Yeah, basically. It will be interesting to see if they delay it to try and make sure it releases polished and with a performance mode or they drop it in early September as scheduled because I have a feeling 10 month delay won’t be enough

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

Saying people can't trust Bethesda is basically saying don't get excited for Starfield breh :pachaha: . Also Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim, Fallout 4 is Bethesda's track record which is exactly why people are excited for the game.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Saying people can't trust Bethesda is basically saying don't get excited for Starfield breh :pachaha: . Also Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim, Fallout 4 is Bethesda's track record which is exactly why people are excited for the game.
Yep and fallout 76 the main reason people hate bethesda now was a game they were FORCED to make by their parent company Zenimax Media because they were trying to cash in on microtransactions and games as a service.
The only true reason to not be excited for Bethesda games is because they are all glitchy as fukk when they first release. You know you'll get the definitive edition like 2 years later finished off

Last edited:

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Yep and fallout 76 the main reason people hate bethesda now was a game they were FORCED to make by their parent company Zenimax Media because they were trying to cash in on microtransactions and games as a service.
The only true reason to not be excited for Bethesda games is because they are all glutchy as fukk when they first release. You know you'll get the definitive edition like 2 years later finished off
Phil's punk ass better not be lying about the "xbox advanced technology group" helping to optimize Starfield :ufdup: . I want 60fps or at least a stable 30fps on RELEASE DAY with minimal bugs and no crashes :ufdup:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Phil's punk ass better not be lying about the "xbox advanced technology group" helping to optimize Starfield :ufdup: . I want 60fps or at least a stable 30fps on RELEASE DAY with minimal bugs and no crashes :ufdup:
They gonna give you 50 fps with bugs and crashes with a frame rate dip to 1% lows of 20 fps

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I will not accept 30fps in 2023 from a Bethesda game running on the same - if adjusted - engine that gave us 60fps Fallout 3 over a decade ago.
Sorry. No. That's a massive L and there's no Juelzing around that. Period.
Most especially because it's the goddamned Creation Engine. An engine that literally hard-caps at 60fps because anything higher fukks up the internal physics. Ever tried to play Skyrim at 144hz? Spoiler: don't. Unless you want to open a door into a house and have every item inside of it flying around like you just pissed off Carrie.
So an engine that has a hard cap at 60... better fukking hit the hard cap of 60. Period. Don't care about 'but the rendering' or 'optimization struggles' or 'there's so much for the engine to process'

Save that shyt.

If Starfield can't run at 60fps, then it shouldn't be released. At all. That's the barest fukking minimum that could be asked of something, especially from a publisher that isn't even a game-maker. BGS make game platforms that are then turned into actual games by the unpaid community. If they can't even get that shyt stable enough to work as a platform, then it's time to file the paperwork.

Not for Bethesda. Not for Todd. For Xbox acquisitions. Because zero companies we have seen acquired at this point have come out post-purchase with a product with a damn. They're batting .000. Todd Howard and them coulda done bad on their own, what's the purpose of buying the companies if not to improve things? If it isn't that, then it's time to accept that the acquisitions are fundamentally anti-consumer cockblocking of games off of platforms done by a petty company with more money than creativity and less oversight than sense.

60fps. A low fukking bar for a game running on an engine almost old enough to vote. And I'm 45% sure they are going to fail that.