Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I will not accept 30fps in 2023 from a Bethesda game running on the same - if adjusted - engine that gave us 60fps Fallout 3 over a decade ago.
Sorry. No. That's a massive L and there's no Juelzing around that. Period.
Most especially because it's the goddamned Creation Engine. An engine that literally hard-caps at 60fps because anything higher fukks up the internal physics. Ever tried to play Skyrim at 144hz? Spoiler: don't. Unless you want to open a door into a house and have every item inside of it flying around like you just pissed off Carrie.
So an engine that has a hard cap at 60... better fukking hit the hard cap of 60. Period. Don't care about 'but the rendering' or 'optimization struggles' or 'there's so much for the engine to process'

Save that shyt.

If Starfield can't run at 60fps, then it shouldn't be released. At all. That's the barest fukking minimum that could be asked of something, especially from a publisher that isn't even a game-maker. BGS make game platforms that are then turned into actual games by the unpaid community. If they can't even get that shyt stable enough to work as a platform, then it's time to file the paperwork.

Not for Bethesda. Not for Todd. For Xbox acquisitions. Because zero companies we have seen acquired at this point have come out post-purchase with a product with a damn. They're batting .000. Todd Howard and them coulda done bad on their own, what's the purpose of buying the companies if not to improve things? If it isn't that, then it's time to accept that the acquisitions are fundamentally anti-consumer cockblocking of games off of platforms done by a petty company with more money than creativity and less oversight than sense.

60fps. A low fukking bar for a game running on an engine almost old enough to vote. And I'm 45% sure they are going to fail that.

Its gonna be 30 don’t even gas it up in your head to be disappointed.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Saying people can't trust Bethesda is basically saying don't get excited for Starfield breh :pachaha: . Also Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim, Fallout 4 is Bethesda's track record which is exactly why people are excited for the game.
it's really not tho. and you listed why it's not the same thing as dont get excited :pachaha:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
drugs in space :ahh:
Astronaut-Stoner-Unisex-Tank-Top-Psychonautica-Store-2_e88e5f3e-2643-4ac6-8810-e57a55275c21_1200x.jpg

BBG

Superstar
Daps
I got a confession to make. I was talking real greasy about this game cuz I never watched the gameplay footage from last year. This shyt really does look exactly like Skyrim in space and that's exactly what the fukk I want.

All I need it to be is no buggier than usual for a Bethesda Day 1 drop and I'm fukking in. I complain all day about 30 frames but this will get a pass :ufdup:just don't be ass :sadcam: