Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really wish people would stop comparing Baldur's Gate 3, Cyberpunk 2077, and Starfield. The only thing those 3 games have in common are RPG's, what they are all trying to accomplish and achieve is completely different from each other.

Same. The arguments are typically pretty disingenuous. It's alright to like one game better then the others, but trying to use your preference to explain why one of the others is trash is some petty ass shyt.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Same. The arguments are typically pretty disingenuous. It's alright to like one game better then the others, but trying to use your preference to explain why one of the others is trash is some petty ass shyt.
Also, nikkas saying “oh I don’t like starfield, I just forced myself to play the main quest and get it over with“ or legit using terrible builds to play the game….like you clearly didn’t even attempt to enjoy the game, you went in with a negative mindset and ruined your experience before you even started. It’s ridiculous.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
@GoldenGlove @Rain

Yall gotta get these hoe ass nikkas up outta this thread with this bullshyt, they already got 19 hate threads about the game, now they are spamming the actual game thread

this shyt is corny
@GoldenGlove and @Rain put them in here.

They thought it made sense to merge the starfield year end accolades/accomplishment threads with the official thread after letting dozens of starfiled hate threads go unchecked all year.

Couldn’t let positive Starfiled news go unchecked :wow:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, nikkas saying “oh I don’t like starfield, I just forced myself to play the main quest and get it over with“ or legit using terrible builds to play the game….like you clearly didn’t even attempt to enjoy the game, you went in with a negative mindset and ruined your experience before you even started. It’s ridiculous.

Ehh. I'm not going to begrudge anyone their opinion on whether they liked the game or not. I eventually put the game down and decided I didn't like it (after something like 80 hours, I forget), and character building was one of those reasons. A lot of the skills don't really work the way you expect them to, and without a way to respec, the only answer is to ignore the skills you wasted points on, and just grind out the other skills after the fact.

Personally, I think it's potentially a sign that they came up with the idea of the game being technically infinitely repayable, thus meaning you can technically get every skill maxed out at some point, and then designed backward from that point. It frustrated me personally, because it felt a lot like they saw the metrics showing how long people played Skyrim, and chased that effect without fully wrapping their heads around the cause.

But even then, while I'd say that explains why the game could end up not being the experience people wanted, but that most certainly doesn't make the game bad by any means.

Womb Raider

Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Ehh. I'm not going to begrudge anyone their opinion on whether they liked the game or not. I eventually put the game down and decided I didn't like it (after something like 80 hours, I forget), and character building was one of those reasons. A lot of the skills don't really work the way you expect them to, and without a way to respec, the only answer is to ignore the skills you wasted points on, and just grind out the other skills after the fact.

Personally, I think it's potentially a sign that they came up with the idea of the game being technically infinitely repayable, thus meaning you can technically get every skill maxed out at some point, and then designed backward from that point. It frustrated me personally, because it felt a lot like they saw the metrics showing how long people played Skyrim, and chased that effect without fully wrapping their heads around the cause.

But even then, while I'd say that explains why the game could end up not being the experience people wanted, but that most certainly doesn't make the game bad by any means.
Thats my point.

Opinions are opinions, but that doesn’t make the game bad. People are in here making Starfield out to be a poor game because they didn’t enjoy the experience.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Thread is over 3x as many pages as the BG3 thread but with only 1/10th the fun and enjoyment of the actual game.

Critical :wow:
Baldur's Gate 3 is a niche title(CRPG) at the end of the day, regardless how good of a game it is.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

Starfield doesn't hold your hand. Starfield is actually the closest Bethesda has come to Morrowind levels of non hand holding they have done since that game came out. Also a lot of people don't really PLAY the game. The game has a lot of systems and skills at your disposal... if you unlock the skills needed for them. I talked my way through the final battle of the main quest. You can also talk an NPC into attacking another NPC to cause a distraction for you while you sneak around to your objective. You can have your companion go and pick a lock for you.

Hell someone in this thread said 'Why can't the survey missions have you go search a system for a specific trait or geological feature in that system?' Like Constellation's mission board isn't full of those missions. Another example of someone not playing the game and wanting their hand held and everything explained to them.

I have never said the game is perfect there is definitely areas it can be improved on I made a whole list of them a few pages back, but a lot of the complaints I see about how the gameplay sucks and shyt like you can't literally be a fukking Mandalorian with the jetpack skills or a fukking Jedi with the starborne powers, or a diplomat, hell you can make a character into anything you want in this game.

Womb Raider

Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Starfield doesn't hold your hand. Starfield is actually the closest Bethesda has come to Morrowind levels of non hand holding they have done since that game came out. Also a lot of people don't really PLAY the game. The game has a lot of systems and skills at your disposal... if you unlock the skills needed for them. I talked my way through the final battle of the main quest. You can also talk an NPC into attacking another NPC to cause a distraction for you while you sneak around to your objective. You can have your companion go and pick a lock for you.

Hell someone in this thread said 'Why can't the survey missions have you go search a system for a specific trait or geological feature in that system?' Like Constellation's mission board isn't full of those missions. Another example of someone not playing the game and wanting their hand held and everything explained to them.

I have never said the game is perfect there is definitely areas it can be improved on I made a whole list of them a few pages back, but a lot of the complaints I see about how the gameplay sucks and shyt like you can't literally be a fukking Mandalorian with the jetpack skills or a fukking Jedi with the starborne powers, or a diplomat, hell you can make a character into anything you want in this game.
Like I was saying earlier, people complain about the game but really didn’t bother to really enjoy it….there are many different ways to attack the game with the various skills at your disposal. People say they only ran thru the main questline, which immediately tells me they didn’t acquire any of the skills or ships from the side missions, limiting their options to running and gunning thru the game. That means they prolly didn’t level up as much as they could have, and didn’t realize they can complete missions in ways other than just gunning everyone down,

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Also the game has plenty of 'make your own adventure' storytelling. For instance I booted up the game, I was in Akila City, grabbed a mission to transport some farmers to a farming colony in a system. When I landed I went to the farming colony to check their mission boards and pocked up a bounty on a pirate ship and a Va'ruun zealot holed up in an abandoned cryo lab. Also got a mission to help find a missing colonists in a cave in the area. The planet was rich with lead which I needed to complete a drydock blues activity(delivering needed minerals to staryards) so on the way to the cave I mined a bunch of lead to complete that activity and surveyed everything on the way, entered the cave found the colonist healed him with my medicine skill and walked him back to the colony.

Stopped by the colony provisioner and bought the location to some rare minerals lost in space in another system, and the location of a legendary weapon and who to kill for it. Took off and went to hunt down the pirate ship, after I killed the pirate ship and flew to the planet with the Va'ruun zealots and got jumped by bounty hunters(Wanted trait) in space. Landed on the planet took out the Va'ruun zealots and flew back to the drydock to turn in the lead and complete that contract. Then I flew off to go find the legendary weapon and another outposts to complete contracts from.

The game isn't gonna throw tons of dialogue at you like Baldur's Gate 3 or Cyberpunk because the game literally isn't trying to do that. What Bethesda game has ever thrown tons of dialogue at you and forced cutscenes? This game is the definition of Bethesda style storytelling through gameplay and exploration. I spent a few hours doing everything I just typed out. I don't get what the complaints about the gameplay loop are coming from, it has damn near the same gameplay loops as Skyrim does.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also the game has plenty of 'make your own adventure' storytelling.

I really liked that aspect of the game…as crazy as my first playthrough started it all eventually came together…the game is well-designed for you to experience every faction at your pace and in any preferred order without feeling forced