Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Just getting started now and this shyt is ridiculous. Not even gonna rush it but it looks like fun.

My character almost looks like a darker version of Barrett :russ:.

So brehs....any tips on things to do, what to look out for etc? Indoor is way better first person but outdoors looks better in 3rd. This lock picking shyt is....interesting. Even the YT videos can barely explain it right.

Sarah already seems like a bizznatch but Noel is fine as fukk. Reminds me of Lisa Arrindell Anderson (sp?)

I'm pretty sure one of the lockpicking perks will make it so it'll highlight the different pieces/options that will actually fit which makes them much easier to get through. The more difficult ones still take time to solve, but it narrows down your potential options significantly

Navigating the star map and understanding the fast travel and scanner are probably the biggest differences from your typical Bethesda game. Aside from that, if you're familiar with the formula, you'll know the drill in a lot of scenarios. There's no local map for the cities but you can open the scanner and fast travel to different waypoints by looking at their icons, which is particularly handy in New Atlantis. That being said, I'd definitely explore all these cities on foot and try to learn their layouts because there's all kinds of vendors and NPCs sprinkled throughout all the different hub cities.

Stealing ships is probably gonna be the best way to get a better one early on. Don't worry about doing all the extra customization and shyt until you got a lil money saved and understand the ship combat and the different stats for them. You'll kinda know when you're ready to take that on, but if you're the creative type, you'll likely spend a huge chunk of time in the ship builder alone.

Overall tho there's so much shyt to do in this game you can almost overwhelm yourself. Ultimately the best way to enjoy this game is to take it at your own pace and do the things that YOU feel most compelled to do and role play your character as intended

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finally finished the main story and beat this game. I did a lot of side-missions before I did the main story. The story is pretty much meh and the side missions are some interesting and some are not so pretty much meh side missions but most of them are boring.

I gave it a 7.5 out of 10. I'm done with Starfield, not gonna play this again, gonna delete it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
122-AB9-E1-7-A34-4414-BFCD-3-C7421887340.png

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I'm pretty sure one of the lockpicking perks will make it so it'll highlight the different pieces/options that will actually fit which makes them much easier to get through. The more difficult ones still take time to solve, but it narrows down your potential options significantly

Navigating the star map and understanding the fast travel and scanner are probably the biggest differences from your typical Bethesda game. Aside from that, if you're familiar with the formula, you'll know the drill in a lot of scenarios. There's no local map for the cities but you can open the scanner and fast travel to different waypoints by looking at their icons, which is particularly handy in New Atlantis. That being said, I'd definitely explore all these cities on foot and try to learn their layouts because there's all kinds of vendors and NPCs sprinkled throughout all the different hub cities.

Stealing ships is probably gonna be the best way to get a better one early on. Don't worry about doing all the extra customization and shyt until you got a lil money saved and understand the ship combat and the different stats for them. You'll kinda know when you're ready to take that on, but if you're the creative type, you'll likely spend a huge chunk of time in the ship builder alone.

Overall tho there's so much shyt to do in this game you can almost overwhelm yourself. Ultimately the best way to enjoy this game is to take it at your own pace and do the things that YOU feel most compelled to do and role play your character as intended
This.

I would definitely fukk around with the side missions before going too far with the main missions. Get your weapons, ship, coins, and level up doing the numerous shyt in the world. Then come back to the main missions when you are completely comfortable with the mechanics. Ultimately you need to play this game however you see fit.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
This lock picking shyt is....interesting. Even the YT videos can barely explain it right.

Definitely try to upgrade the lockpicking skill to the second level or the third. One of em lets you know which of the icons fit (perfect for master/expert level locks) and gives you 2/3 autoslots to automatically unlock it. From there, just try to see if you can see the number of slots down the line so you don't accidentally use a 1/2 slot early on just because they fit.

Also upgrade whichever ship perk it is that allows you to target specific parts of ships. So in space you can target engines or shields and leave them stuck. Necessary if you plan on stealing ships.

You'll run across a slate or something early on in a side quests that will lead you to the mantis ship/armor/boost pack. Grab that shyt as soon as you can and you'll be set for a long time. Still haven't ran across anything better than that armor/helmet/pack yet for free.

Not Skyrim or fallout. There's literally no need to pick up any junk. Can't dismantle and hold little value (outside of old books) so it just takes up space and it's surprisingly easy to get credits in the game

Daps
This.

I would definitely fukk around with the side missions before going too far with the main missions. Get your weapons, ship, coins, and level up doing the numerous shyt in the world. Then come back to the main missions when you are completely comfortable with the mechanics. Ultimately you need to play this game however you see fit.
Makes sense....that's how I tend to play most games.

Get loot and do a lot of side missions since that tends to help with learning the mechanics of a game. Every time I walk through New Atlantis, a new misson/activity pops up as an NPC walks by. Been doing that and grabbing those credits.

Did some exploration out New Atlantis but away from the city. Got some "lung sickness" that made me cough every time I ran. Had to get an injector to remove it. Probably should have had the helmet on.

Not quite ready to do all the planet jumping yet.

How do we refuel? Think my ship has half a tank.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
How do we refuel? Think my ship has half a tank

Automatically regenerates over time. Should be good if you land and do a mission and come back to the ship.

Really just determines how far you're able to jump and consistently. Haven't had 1 problem with it