Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
I'm just glad the game doesn't look TOO much like Elder Scrolls in space. Especially with the space flight. It seems like it FEELS like a different game. Which has been my biggest gripe with Bethesda games over the years. They all feel too samey. Even The Outer Worlds which wasn't a Bethesda game still felt way too much like those games. I'm intrigued now. Can't wait to see more. If the feel of the game continues along this path, as much as I can gauge feel without actually playing it, then this will be a day 1 for me.
Outer worlds was made by the people who made the best fallout(new vegas) so of course its gonna be similar in that regard but starfield looks to finally break off from that remixed elder scrolls/fallout shyt we been stuck with for damn near 20years

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Skyrim is still one of, if not THE largest games on the market 10 years after release, and it used lots of procedural generation to get there.

The idea that starfield or any game could/should be 10 skyrims worth of content is beyond asinine.

Starfield will have way more hands on created content than any bethesda game before it. And it will have lots more procedurally generated content than any game before it.

You don’t even have to mess with the procedural content and there will be lots to do in the game.
Yeah that was my point. It was essentially showing how crazy the alternative to the procedurally generated worlds would be.
They designed starfield to huge and be played for a very long time we're talking years.
But brehs in here want 10-20 planets to have the same scale would be massive and the game wouldn't come out for even longer

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah that was my point. It was essentially showing how crazy the alternative to the procedurally generated worlds would be.
They designed starfield to huge and be played for a very long time we're talking years.
But brehs in here want 10-20 planets to have the same scale would be massive and the game wouldn't come out for even longer
“brehs in here” aren’t being genuine. They are just looking for a way to trash the game.

NMS problem was that there was no actually curated content, once you flew to one planet, you’d pretty much flown to every planet in the game.

Starfield has lots of curated content. It just also has lots of “random space exploration” content.

It’s crazy to me, that the number one criticism about what was shown is that “it looks like NMS”

Then when more info comes out the criticism is “it doesn’t do what NMS did”

:mindblown:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
the fk is the deep customization for then???? Bethesda is a Two-bit scammer company
They completely missed the mark on that one. Sounds like it's going to be basically forced ship to ship combat sequences (and I get tired of ship combat). It didn't pass the smell test when they showed the landing cinematic, and it got even worse when they showed that seamless sequence of the ship taking off from a number of planets. Really fukking up the "if you see it you can go there" shyt they're trying to say. The only saving grace might be if you can fly the ship in low orbit to move from place to place, but it is Bethesda we're talking about :pachaha:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
They completely missed the mark on that one. Sounds like it's going to be basically forced ship to ship combat sequences (and I get tired of ship combat). It didn't pass the smell test when they showed the landing cinematic, and it got even worse when they showed that seamless sequence of the ship taking off from a number of planets. Really fukking up the "if you see it you can go there" shyt they're trying to say. The only saving grace might be if you can fly the ship in low orbit to move from place to place, but it is Bethesda we're talking about :pachaha:
Microsoft has to be pissed. that ZeniMax deal is looking really really funny in the light

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
This reminds me one of my favorite bars ever in music, from Puff no less.

Microsoft money can tell you how it is.
Pre Microsoft Bethesda money could tell you how it might be.

Everything Todd said, can be realized now. The machine behind him is different.

Wait you think they were able to completely expand the scope of the game in a year? :mjlol:

The scope of the game would have been locked long before MS purchased them

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Wait you think they were able to completely expand the scope of the game in a year? :mjlol:

The scope of the game would have been locked long before MS purchased them

Not quite

Microsoft Buying Double Fine Saved Psychonauts 2’s Boss Fights​

While Microsoft buying Double Fine may have raised some eyebrows at the time, it seems like the partnership has been good for the developer so far. In an interview with Gamesindustry.biz, Schafer said that the studio was able to implement parts of Psychonauts 2 that had originally been cut from the game’s scope because the studio lacked the funds to finish them. That content reportedly includes all of the game’s boss fights, which Schafer says players would have missed if they had remained cut. According to Schafer, Microsoft hasn’t interfered with the production of Psychonauts 2 even as it provides the security needed to finish development.

Go and make the best game that you possibly can" – How Microsoft is helping to evolve Wasteland 3​

Fargo is keen to note that it isn't just the money that has made the difference here – although it certainly helps – it's something more invaluable than raw cash flow alone: InXile has been given time. "It's always the elephant in the room with game development, time. When you speak to the best developers in the industry – whether it is Rockstar or Blizzard – the biggest factor is always time. It's the same across the group, it's always time, time, time," Fargo tells me, explaining that for studios the size of InXile any amount of added time can make a world of difference. "We think a certain way about development and we are run very tightly as a result. We're not looking for three to six extra years, but three to six months. For a group like us, that can be night and day. Six months can make all the difference; six months could be a '10 on Metacritic' change for us."

The small delay to May 19, 2020 out of Winter 2019 means that Wasteland 3, a game that would have been otherwise nearing completion, is now seeing some huge quality of life changes being introduced to play that undoubtedly make it better than it was before. "The nice thing for InXile is that Microsoft hasn't changed what game we are making at all," Tim Campbell tells me, Wasteland 3's game director. "That is what some people I think were afraid of when they read about the acquisition. But really, Microsoft is just helping us do what we do but better, right?"

The most noticeable of these changes comes by way of the addition of voice-acting. Wasteland 2 was heavily praised because of its writing, it was a sharply penned RPG that brought a world defined by its quirks and dark humour to life. That's still at the heart of Wasteland 3, only now it has been vocalised – something that simply wouldn't have been possible before, as InXile worked with a modest budget and development timeframe. "We have hundreds of thousands of lines of dialogue in this game. That's not something... we wouldn't have had the physical resources to be able to voice all of that at all without Microsoft," Campbell continues. "Microsoft has come in and just made Wasteland 3 better. And that's an easy thing that I can point to, right, but it has been across the board."

It's also because InXile has been able to utilise departments within Microsoft to further smooth out the wrinkles in development. It's worth remembering that, up until November, this was to be a game published solely by Deep Silver – Wasteland 3 isn't an Xbox One exclusive, far from it – and yet the game is able to improve because of the company's involvement. "It goes beyond more time and resources, right?" Fargo continues. "Microsoft has a user research lab, which is going to give us feedback on the UI and what people are experiencing. And they have their localisation groups and their QA groups… I could go on, but you have to understand that it is allowing us to make a more robust product. Wasteland 3 players are going to get something much better than we could have done with just our limited resources."

I'm sure these games were delayed internally for a while now. The announcement of the purchase of Bethesda was in September of 2020. Time of release is 2.5ish years later. I'm sure the influx of Microsoft money has changed plenty across the board there. Their warchest is just different. Bethesda would have Bethesda'd their way through the release of Starfield if not acquired. Tons of bugs, missing features, etc. It would have come 11.11.2022. Under the Microsoft umbrella, you don't have to live that life no longer.