Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
How the hell do you expect to fly to all 1,000 planets and find shyt??

Thats unrealistic and its crazy for you to expect that
even without flying between planets, i seriously doubt Bethesda will put much work into those 1000 planets.

They should have just made 10-20 very detailed planets that you can fly between.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
even without flying between planets, i seriously doubt Bethesda will put much work into those 1000 planets.

They should have just made 10-20 very detailed planets that you can fly between.
I agree with this..

Whats the point of talking about 1,000 planets if you can’t explore?

Maybe it’s gonna be like that in the game

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Definitely not buying this shyt anymore.

No Man’s Sky been out 8 years already and they still can’t comprehend we want seamless planet to space transition.

fukking loading screens break up the immersion

fukk you

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
How the hell do you expect to fly to all 1,000 planets and find shyt??

Thats unrealistic and its crazy for you to expect that
Traveling within a solar system should be the target, and then warping between systems - basically like No Man's Sky has in place. I'm not sure that anyone wants the ability to travel from one system to another seamlessly. That's unrealistic. Them not supporting intrasystem travel reeks of Creation Engine limitations to me
I think the NMS comparison is uncalled for because they are two different type of games. It would be like comparing burnout to Forza Horizon series.
I don't get why it's being used as such a negative comparison. NMS has the breadth of space exploration (planets, conflict, races, base building, etc.) but no direction and no depth. To me, Starfield looks like it's going to be NMS but done right (mostly). There's a story to encourage players to jump around the galaxy. The combat it's probably going to be janky, but it'll be more engaging than NMS. Potentially the base building will have value beyond simply money making. For hopefully 30 or 40 hours at least you won't have to create your own fun.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I think the NMS comparison is uncalled for because they are two different type of games. It would be like comparing burnout to Forza Horizon series.
Man I fukked with Burnout Paradise. That was my favorite racing game of all time.

Just realized this shyt is on Steam. I still got it on PS3, but I'm gonna cop that shyt again. I haven't played it in years.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

There are plenty of detailed planets. The “extra” ones are just there for those who want to do some extra exploring.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Definitely not buying this shyt anymore.

No Man’s Sky been out 8 years already and they still can’t comprehend we want seamless planet to space transition.

fukking loading screens break up the immersion

fukk you

Now y’all mad it’s not like no man’s sky :mindblown:

NMS did the fly to any planet gimmick and it got old quick. In an RPG more times than not you are gonna use fast travel. Would be cool to manually fly from planet to planet but NMS taught us that gets old quick.

I think they made the right decision by spending the resources on stuff that’s more important. There will be lots of exploration like every other Bethesda game.

Last edited:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang

:ohhh: 10 skyrim sized planets with skyrim level of detail? :obama: I could see that being a good idea as well

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:ohhh: 10 skyrim sized planets with skyrim level of detail? :obama: I could see that being a good idea as well
Skyrim is still one of, if not THE largest games on the market 10 years after release, and it used lots of procedural generation to get there.

The idea that starfield or any game could/should be 10 skyrims worth of content is beyond asinine.

Starfield will have way more hands on created content than any bethesda game before it. And it will have lots more procedurally generated content than any game before it.

You don’t even have to mess with the procedural content and there will be lots to do in the game.