Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because you are kinda the rpg guy on here I can respect your POV.
I do agree that the slow start complaint is consistent across all the reviews I saw.
I’ve also heard a lot about quality of life issues and for me that stuff isn’t that big of a deal as good gameplay, storytelling graphics, and giving you other stuff to do.

I can say that maybe these people are not into Bethesda games like that and your POV will very different depending on how much you like Bethesda.

I appreciate the kind words but I am absolutely not the RPG guy on here :cool:

unfortunately I’ve only played a handful of RPGs to completion

but seriously tho so far the ACG review has similar talking points to the IGN review…I will say tho that the ACG review so far seems more optimistic and he’s doing a great job of talking about/focusing on what works…I think the IGN review could’ve done the same but it’s all perspective tho…even tho the complaints are similar, they seem to have impacted the game more negatively for the IGN dude than ACG…some ppl don’t want to wait 12 hours to sink their teeth into a game…and it’s a fair complaint imo from an objective perspective…if someone hasn’t played a bethesda RPG then the IGN review might help them realize the game is not for them if that’s considered “typical” of a bethesda RPG experience

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I appreciate the kind words but I am absolutely not the RPG guy on here :cool:

unfortunately I’ve only played a handful of RPGs to completion

but seriously tho so far the ACG review has similar talking points to the IGN review…I will say tho that the ACG review so far seems more optimistic and he’s doing a great job of talking about/focusing on what works…I think the IGN review could’ve done the same but it’s all perspective tho…even tho the complaints are similar, they seem to have impacted the game more negatively for the IGN dude than ACG…some ppl don’t want to wait 12 hours to sink their teeth into a game…and it’s a fair complaint imo from an objective perspective…if someone hasn’t played a bethesda RPG then the IGN review might help them realize the game is not for them
Oh my bad I had you confused with @42 Monks

Either way you are spot on in your assessment. I think I’m tired of reviewers being so negative all the time. They don’t say they are minor annoyances they act like these things ruin the game and I’m sorry but if the map and inventory systems spoils your game then I can’t take you seriously

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Looks great. The only thing that seems like a complete detraction is to 100% is a tedious grind and game is designed in such way where replayability seems really low.

The sequel is probably where we wanna get to. I will say that the creative decisions to be " sci-Fi realistic" limit the imagination and in turns the fun factor.

I have a feeling once I play and beat this..if I had the choice to replay this or Mass Effect 2. I would lean towards Mass Effect 2.

I think some of the issue is that the narrative take so little risk or do anything new for Bethesda game. How many times we gotta do a Fraction storyline with a hours of fetch quests?

Last edited:

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's wrong with space flight???:jbhmm: everytime I see videos of star citizen and the bounty hunting, drone bombing and space fighting looks dope....:dahell:
You're talking about combat related stuff. I'm talking about when it’s just you in the big ass expanse of space flying in a straight line to the next planet/objective. That's what people seem to be talking about in reference to that Alanah Pierce video. To me it's a cool novelty that gets old quick so it's not a deal breaker since I'm going to fast travel as often as I can.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh my bad I had you confused with @42 Monks

Either way you are spot on in your assessment. I think I’m tired of reviewers being so negative all the time. They don’t say they are minor annoyances they act like these things ruin the game and I’m sorry but if the map and inventory systems spoils your game then I can’t take you seriously

a map and inventory management systems are pretty huge parts of a game…I can’t agree there…but I dig it tho…I’ll say this, the IGN review helped me not rush into buying the game to play it early this weekend BUT the ACG review has me looking forward to patiently waiting til the game drops next week and taking my time with it…that way if I don’t like it or can’t get into early there’s not much I can complain about since it was free (I’ve had game pass long enough that it’s paid for itself lol)

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps

Ok I like these guys props for putting me on. They seem unbiased, the blessings guy was nitpicking but he made valid points and he explained his reasoning well. But the majority of the panel had this game at 4 out of 5. The one guy that used to work for ign made a valid point about how the random shyt that happen to you can really make the game.

That’s another thing that reviewers might not have the luxury of doing, really just fukking around with out feeling rushed to play this within two weeks then jump into something else

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
a map and inventory management systems are pretty huge parts of a game…I can’t agree there…but I dig it tho…I’ll say this, the IGN review helped me not rush into buying the game to play it early this weekend BUT the ACG review has me looking forward to patiently waiting til the game drops next week and taking my time with it…that way if I don’t like it or can’t get into early there’s not much I can complain about since it was free (I’ve had game pass long enough that it’s paid for itself lol)
No matter the review scores, the fact it's on gamepass is a win.