Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Exploration is whack, decisions mean nothing, and repetitive missions? Sounds like a discount pile time killer.
I wouldn't go that far, but it does seem like folks kinda sour on it towards the back half of the game.

I would like to see some impressions of NG+ as they said it's like a whole different experience.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Kinda weird saying ps fanboys are Down bad when they have had a steady stream of exclusives rated just as good as this or higher consistently for 6-7 years now, Xbox had to get a great exsclusive at some point

But Sony Stans are starving. This year I’ve only gotten forspoken :mjlol: And now final fantasy (a good game, but not GOTY)
:Okayab:

Imagine what this means for xbox :francis:

bethesda basically in the same predicament as Square Enix. Not quite living up to their past glory, putting out big stinkers (redfall, forspoken) but the fans still enjoy their games

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That’s another thing that reviewers might not have the luxury of doing, really just fukking around with out feeling rushed to play this within two weeks then jump into something else

that’s a fair point…the ACG review sounds like he took his time with the game…the IGN reviewer seems like he kinda of just pushed thru it in which case I could see why the game’s slow start would impact his experience more

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looks great. The only thing that seems like a complete detraction is to 100% is a tedious grind and game is designed in such way where replayability seems really low.

The sequel is probably were we wanna get too. I will say that the creative decisions to be " sci-Fi realistic" limit the imagination and in turns the fun factor.

I have a feeling once I play and beat this..if I had the choice to replay this or Mass Effect 2. I would lean towards Mass Effect 2.

I think some of the issue is that the narrative take so little risk or do anything new for Bethesda game. How many times we gotta do a Fraction storyline with a hours of fetch quests?

Yeah, from what I've gathered so far, a lot of the reviewers that are cooler on the game than others are circling back to the same thing: it's really well made, and it's expansive, but at the the core, it's not really doing anything new or unique for Bethesda.

Given, that doesn't mean the game won't be fun by any means whatsoever (that formula, more often than not is going to produce a game that's good), but I think that with this being pitched as the game Todd Howard has really wanted to make, and it being a setting different than anything Bethesda has developed in its history, seems like some people were expecting something different.

Winston

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It's not like I was expecting Star Citizen level detail or No Man's Sky level scale, but the way this game was being promoted at first people were envisioning discovering some random planet and exploring however they wanted until they found a cool-looking location rich in resources. Then we could set up a base there and go on exploration adventures and random side quests in between doing a story mission every now and then. Tell me I'm lying if you're mentally ill.

You can get lost in time just going in a random direction and doing random shyt in Fallout and Skyrim, not even touching the story for days or weeks. That's what I was expecting but in space. Everything I've seen suggests it's just boring and pointless going outside the story or handcrafted areas. "Exploration" is just slick loading screens in between a few copy-and-paste areas where you spend a little time running around before moving on.

Is it good as just a regular RPG game? That's a whole different thing I'll find out when I play it. This hype around NG+ has me interested.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Xbox has gotten Redfall which is tragic, and Starfield(jury still out on it since none of us have played it yet I don't care about reviews they don't reflect my personal opinions most of the time). They kind of in the same boat rn if we being fair. :manny:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Man outside of jokes here and there no one was saying this game was going to fail. This isn't a Redfall situation.

Xbots out here exaggerating they asses off. "YOU SAID IT WAS GOING TO GET A 5 THO" ass nikkas

:mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Xbox has gotten Redfall which is tragic, and Starfield(jury still out on it since none of us have played it yet I don't care about reviews they don't reflect my personal opinions most of the time). They kind of in the same boat rn if we being fair. :manny:

Edited my post, but we agree.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Oh my bad I had you confused with @42 Monks

Either way you are spot on in your assessment. I think I’m tired of reviewers being so negative all the time. They don’t say they are minor annoyances they act like these things ruin the game and I’m sorry but if the map and inventory systems spoils your game then I can’t take you seriously
imo ppl complaining just to complain and not even realizing they're asking for mass effect andromeda

again imo

and day 1 regardless. i said a while ago that if starfield hit on half of what was in their showcase, then its still an easy pickup for me.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

bethesda basically in the same predicament as Square Enix. Not quite living up to their past glory, putting out big stinkers (redfall, forspoken) but the fans still enjoy their games
Been #1 on twitch all day got n
up to 500k such a failure :mjcry: where will xbox go from here.