Starfield is coming to PlayStation (XboxEra); Phil Spencer Responds

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Microsoft is going to have to put Game Pass on all Smart TVs for this plan to work. They will also have to improve the Xbox mobile app to make it worthwhile for people to use.
I'll put it like this. If their goal is to just be a huge 3rd party publisher going forward the existence of Game Pass which cannibalizes sales of games makes no sense. They could sell more games being on all hardware and not having a subscription service at all.

The impact of all this will be interesting. I imagine some companies counted on Sony moneyhatting exclusive games. If there's no more Xbox there's no more of that and no need to cut marketing deals if you're the only game in town. Xbox was also pumping money into the industry for Game Pass and indie devs really benefited from it. If the goal is just to be a 3rd party publisher that goes away and those devs are left to fend for themselves.

I'm still of the belief that this is all to build their own shyt using other people's audience. You expose your games to a wider audience and give them the pitch that the sequels are going to be on your stuff first for a window and also on Game Pass day 1 there.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
y'all can keep it, we just want ES6 brodie

That's gone be trash too

Y'all gotta think, Bethesda hasn't evolved since Elder Scrolls Oblivion back in 2006. That's nearly 20 years ago. I understand don't fix what ain't broke, but when you have damn near every developer evolving in the physics, graphics, and animations department, shyt gotta change. Ain't no reason to have all them damn loading screens.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That's gone be trash too

Y'all gotta think, Bethesda hasn't evolved since Elder Scrolls Oblivion back in 2006. That's nearly 20 years ago. I understand don't fix what ain't broke, but when you have damn near every developer evolving in the physics, graphics, and animations department, shyt gotta change. Ain't no reason to have all them damn loading screens.

This.

Yall think the people that gave us starfield gonna unleash fire in a matter of 3-4 years? They washed.

Thats why they sold in the first place.

Veteran
Daps
Just announced

If they do this it might be a wrap. Why the hell would folks buy their consoles knowing it'll come to Ps5?

I don't know what's going on a Microsoft, but this is truly dark days ahead. :francis:

At this point I'm not even sure what can be done to save the brand? Give developers more freedom and stop making halo would be a start.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If they do this it might be a wrap. Why the hell would folks buy their consoles knowing it'll come to Ps5?

I don't know what's going on a Microsoft, but this is truly dark days ahead. :francis:

At this point I'm not even sure what can be done to save the brand? Give developers more freedom and stop making halo would be a start.
Because if you buy their console you then don't have to buy any of their games.

Veteran
Daps
All jokes aside, this ain’t good if MS leaves the console space, we need competition for Sony. Only way this works if Sony goes day&date.

How would the compete?

Either give developers freedom Or sell xbox division to Amazon/Steam.

Veteran
Daps
certainly not to compete in the console space. spencer said that was futile out of his own mouth

we’re all fairly intelligent here, I don’t understand how people didn’t see it playing out this way. they bought those companies to be a content plug, not to sell no damn xboxes lol

Still, competition is good. Xbox console has plenty of space to exist

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
That's gone be trash too

??? i played and beat skyrim on PC. loved it :banderas:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
img-20240203-wa0125.jpg