Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Mark Hamill Talks Regretful Luke in ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ and a Hidden Backstory

Hamill reveals some plot details. His "I pretty much fundamentally disagree with every choice Rian Johnson made for this character" makes a whole lot more sense now.

“The fact that Luke says, ‘I only know one truth. It’s time for the Jedi to end…’ I mean, that’s a pretty amazing statement for someone who was the symbol of hope and optimism in the original films. When I first read it, my jaw dropped. What would make someone that alienated from his original convictions? That’s not something that you can just make up in an afternoon, and I really struggled with this thing.”

“[Luke] made a huge mistake in thinking that his nephew was the chosen one, so he invested everything he had in Kylo, much like Obi-Wan did with my character,” Hamill says. “And he is betrayed, with tragic consequences. Luke feels responsible for that. That’s the primary obstacle he has to rejoining the world and his place in the Jedi hierarchy, you know? It’s that guilt, that feeling that it’s his fault, that he didn’t detect the darkness in him until it was too late.”

I'm really interested in seeing how Johnson reveals all this stuff because reading it, I too am :patrice: about it.

specially because it really makes little sense that Luke would fall for another "chosen one" after what happened to Anakin :patrice:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
DGz2PX8WsAAZYZv.jpg:large

DGz2lSpXsAALRWX.jpg:large

DGzTHNfWAAEOxzI.jpg:large
Man what the fukk is that first picture :beli:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Mark Hamill Talks Regretful Luke in ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ and a Hidden Backstory

Hamill reveals some plot details. His "I pretty much fundamentally disagree with every choice Rian Johnson made for this character" makes a whole lot more sense now.

“The fact that Luke says, ‘I only know one truth. It’s time for the Jedi to end…’ I mean, that’s a pretty amazing statement for someone who was the symbol of hope and optimism in the original films. When I first read it, my jaw dropped. What would make someone that alienated from his original convictions? That’s not something that you can just make up in an afternoon, and I really struggled with this thing.”

“[Luke] made a huge mistake in thinking that his nephew was the chosen one, so he invested everything he had in Kylo, much like Obi-Wan did with my character,” Hamill says. “And he is betrayed, with tragic consequences. Luke feels responsible for that. That’s the primary obstacle he has to rejoining the world and his place in the Jedi hierarchy, you know? It’s that guilt, that feeling that it’s his fault, that he didn’t detect the darkness in him until it was too late.”

I'm really interested in seeing how Johnson reveals all this stuff because reading it, I too am :patrice: about it.

specially because it really makes little sense that Luke would fall for another "chosen one" after what happened to Anakin :patrice:

Sounds ridiculous and considering Luke was not meant to repeat the tragedies of the past based on seeing what occurred with Anakin. These guys are just tarnishing the mythology, people hate the OT but I think after this trilogy is done they will view them with new found reverence and Lucas will be looking at the fanbase like.:troll:

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Hate the fact that they are lending more credence to 'the chosen one' which is a prequel concept.

Definitely feels like they are just throwing stuff out without any consideration at this point. ANOTHER chosen one? Is this one supposed to restore the balance AGAIN? Restore balance to WHAT!??

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hate the fact that they are lending more credence to 'the chosen one' which is a prequel concept.

Definitely feels like they are just throwing stuff out without any consideration at this point. ANOTHER chosen one? Is this one supposed to restore the balance AGAIN? Restore balance to WHAT!??
The swartz?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

:mjlol:Did you not watch the first movie? It's like they did everything they could to mimic episode one, including a cameo from the immortal Admiral Akbar

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
I promised myself I wasn't watching nor supporting any Star Wars related ANYTHING after that walking Minstrel Show Finn tap danced his way through that movie. And by the looks of it my intuition was correct.

They got this brother as a straight up COWARD. Even in the article they go through great pains to highlight how much of a p*ssy this character is. fukking disgraceful...

That's what fukked me up the most watching the movie. Finn was a straight up buffoon through out the whole movie. JJ Abrams can :camby: with that nonsense.